1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

18 games in a season

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by danielchile, May 20, 2009.

1. danielchile

danielchile Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0
    Do you agree?

I don't like that option. We can start burning some record books because they will be completely destroyed.
  2. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    Records are meant to be broken. Actually, almost noone remembers records. (What's the career catching record?) They sometimes don't even remember who holds what records. And hey, they had to put almost 10 more game in a season to someone break Don Hutson's records. And even if he doesn't hold those records anymore, we still remember him as the greatest WR ever.
    I like the idea very much. It only has to be evaluated if it won't make the playoff games less competitive, if the players are more tired because of a longer schedule. Then I wouldn't want it. But hey, take out 2 or 3 preseason games, put on another bye, and we're good to go!:party:
  3. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471 / 1 / -0
    More football, more happiness. :D
  4. croxeye

croxeye Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    give me an extra bye week and 3 preseason games along with the 18 regular season games.

Then we might be talking. I don't really want to see tired teams headed into playoffs, unfortanately teams might have to start dipping into their bench like basketball. Lets hope they have the stamina to maintain a longer season.

Of course, longer season means, when do we start it? do we start it a month early? or end it a month later?
  5. favrefan4

favrefan4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would love to be watching two more weeks of football, and just wait 3 MONTHS until it starts back up!!!!!