NBA "in-season" Tournament

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

Well this'll prove to be interesting. Hadn't heard doodly-squat about an in-season tournament until checking the Bucks/Knicks score from 11-3 (Bucks won, again with a guard shooting the lights out - didn't watch ... but hey, I can almost play the game in my mind's eye because my guy Drue is playing in Boston now).

Following the progress of this "in-season" tournament is going to prove challenging. I get it, it's important to the players with the money involved AND the fluffy "floor paint" idea will appeal to some, but SOMEBODY had better be tracking the results for me. (The rest of you would be on your own) ;)

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well this'll prove to be interesting. Hadn't heard doodly-squat about an in-season tournament until checking the Bucks/Knicks score from 11-3 (Bucks won, again with a guard shooting the lights out - didn't watch ... but hey, I can almost play the game in my mind's eye because my guy Drue is playing in Boston now).

Following the progress of this "in-season" tournament is going to prove challenging. I get it, it's important to the players with the money involved AND the fluffy "floor paint" idea will appeal to some, but SOMEBODY had better be tracking the results for me. (The rest of you would be on your own) ;)
It don't even interest me to be honest. It's like the new HR records in MLB. The real records are Ruth 60 in 154 games, and Maris 61 in 162 games. The rest are steroid babies, and they don't mean squat. In season tournaments are a fake attempt to make people believe the players are going to go gung for this prize. It's like shooting to get the most HRs in the 3rd inning, for an entire season, and thinking you're now the "champ."