Your top 5 favorite Packer games

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, now that we've had a few days to digest this NFC championship game, I'd thought I'd do something fun. I had been thinking about this lately and post my top 5 all time favorite Packer games. You can use whatever criteria you like, whether it be importance of game or entertainment value. I chose the latter with the former sprinkled in. No Super Bowls allowed though. Mine are:

5. 1997 vs. Dallas. We finally get some satisfaction after years of playoff losses to the hated Cowboys.

4. 2010 Divisional game vs. Atlanta. Rodgers had a career game and Tramon Williams' pick 6 at the end of the first half.

3. 2007 Divisional game vs. Seattle. The "Snow Globe" game and Favre's last win as a Packer. I always love these type of weather games. Ryan Grant redeeming himself with 201 yards rushing after singlehandedly spotting Seattle to a 14-0 lead after two fumbles on the first two possessions. The Packers then scoring touchdowns on six straight possessions and Favre throwing snowballs as the snow came down.

2. 1993 Wild Card game vs. Detroit. Favre to Sharpe with less than a minute left to win the game and Teague's 101 yard pick six as Detroit was driving to possibly put the game out of reach. The game that started off a now 28 year run with Hall of Fame quarterbacking and consistent playoff contention.

1.1995 Divisional game vs. San Francisco. A quick 21-0 lead and eventual win on the road against the heavily favored 49ers proved to be a watershed game that announced to the football world that we are for real and are here to stay.

Honorable mention:

1996 vs. San Francisco. Monday Night Football highlighted by Don Beebe's 220 yards receiving.

1994 game vs. Chicago on Halloween night. The monsoon game at Soldier Field once again on MNF. Favre fails to complete a pass until the second half but the Packers romp 33-6.

1996 NFCCG vs. Carolina. Back in the Super Bowl after a 29 year drought, consisting mainly of bad football.

OP
OP
gonzozab

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, old guys aren't allowed to play? :)
The old guys witnessed Packers football in the 70s and 80s. Other than the MNF game against the Redskins in 1983 I defy anyone to find a favorite game from that era. Anyone that has witnessed Lombardi era football probably has great grandchildren by now, doesn't know how the internet works or dead.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although I obviously was referring to the Lombardi era, because I contend that the Gory Years were a period where 'a win is a win' actually held water, there were games even then that were memorable.

And, I'd say that, since I'm posting, I both know know a little bit about technology and am not dead. :)

OP
OP
gonzozab

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although I obviously was referring to the Lombardi era, because I contend that the Gory Years were a period where 'a win is a win' actually held water, there were games even then that were memorable.

And, I'd say that, since I'm posting, I both know know a little bit about technology and am not dead. :)
Knock yourself out, everyone is welcome to play. It would be interesting to hear some of the Lombardi games on your list. If you have any of course.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Favre coming out party vs the bengals...cannon arm reveal, and the beginning of a winning era

2. Rodgers going into Atlanta in the playoffs and destroying the Falcons at home as underdogs.

3. Super Bowl 31

4. Oilers/Pack Chuck Cecil crazy hit game in 1992.

5. Favre Raider MNF game after Irv passed.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Sunday night football vs the bears in 2014.

2. Packers vs Falcons Divisional Round.

3. Packers vs Cowboys 2016 Divisional Round.

4. Bears vs Packers NFC Championship game.

5. Bears vs Packers week 1 2018.

Honorable Mentions: 2016 vs the Seahawks, Miracle in Motown, Packers vs Cowboys week 5 2017.

Last edited:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, now that we've had a few days to digest this NFC championship game, I'd thought I'd do something fun. I had been thinking about this lately and post my top 5 all time favorite Packer games. You can use whatever criteria you like, whether it be importance of game or entertainment value. I chose the latter with the former sprinkled in. No Super Bowls allowed though.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
1994 game vs. Chicago on Halloween night. The monsoon game at Soldier Field once again on MNF. Favre fails to complete a pass until the second half but the Packers romp 33-6.
This was one of my all time favorites too.
Game was played on basically the south end of the field. Featured possibly the most surprising and outstanding catches I’ve ever seen...... by a drunk fan who dove over the tunnel railing to catch a Packer extra point before disappearing from camera view.

also was at the 83 MNF game against Washington where Moseley finally decided to miss a FG in the closing minute. My only game at Lambeau.

Easily number 1 though is the Ice Bowl. I remember how cold it was that day. Just couldn’t see how they were going to be able to score on that final drive. 31 Wedge, baby!

Last edited:
OP
OP
gonzozab

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was one of my all time favorites too.
Game was played on basically the south end of the field. Featured possibly the most surprising and outstanding catches I’ve ever seen...... by a drunk fan who dove over the tunnel railing to catch a Packer extra point before disappearing from camera view.

also was at the 83 MNF game against Washington where Moseley finally decided to miss a FG in the closing minute. My only game at Lambeau.

Easily number 1 though is the Ice Bowl. I remember how cold it was that day. Just couldn’t see how they were going to be able to score on that final drive. 31 Wedge, baby!
That Bears game with the fan catching the extra point happened in 1995.

I've also been watching alot of 80s playoff games on youtube lately. Other than that 82 or 83 season Mosely somehow won MVP when he didn't miss a kick, he pretty much stunk the rest of his career, which is why I'm guessing the Redskins let him go. Yesterday I watched the 86 Divisional game between the Browns and Jets (the week before Elway's The Drive game) and Mosely missed three field goals including a chip shot in overtime but redeemed himself on the next drive, the beginning of the second overtime. He was absolutely terrible outside his MVP season.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
2. 1993 Wild Card game vs. Detroit. Favre to Sharpe with less than a minute left to win the game and Teague's 101 yard pick six as Detroit was driving to possibly put the game out of reach. The game that started off a now 28 year run with Hall of Fame quarterbacking and consistent playoff contention.
This one??
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Jim and Max don't know what to say near the end. They are flabbergasted and ecstatic at the same time.

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
That Bears game with the fan catching the extra point happened in 1995.

I've also been watching alot of 80s playoff games on youtube lately. Other than that 82 or 83 season Mosely somehow won MVP when he didn't miss a kick, he pretty much stunk the rest of his career, which is why I'm guessing the Redskins let him go. Yesterday I watched the 86 Divisional game between the Browns and Jets (the week before Elway's The Drive game) and Mosely missed three field goals including a chip shot in overtime but redeemed himself on the next drive, the beginning of the second overtime. He was absolutely terrible outside his MVP season.
I think when Mosely missed that night, it broke a streak of 23 in a row.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
1994 week 16 Falcons: Last game in County Stadium Milwaukee.
2008 week 17 Lions go 0-16. I was at the game 30 rows up on the 45 yard line.
1996 NFCCG vs Panthers. We were going on to the SB. I still have it on VHS somewhere.
2003 Receivers refused to let the ball hit the ground in the first half.
1995 Division round Broke the Cowboy / 49er stranglehold.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1994 week 16 Falcons: Last game in County Stadium Milwaukee.
2008 week 17 Lions go 0-16. I was at the game 30 rows up on the 45 yard line.
1996 NFCCG vs Panthers. We were going on to the SB. I still have it on VHS somewhere.
2003 Receivers refused to let the ball hit the ground in the first half.
1995 Division round Broke the Cowboy / 49er stranglehold.
I'm pretty sure I actually have the last 3 on DVD.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts