Your thoughts on Vic Ketchman?

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wondering what anyone who reads or checks out packers.com thinks of the editor of the site Vic Ketchman.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...-gesture/9fbc165b-3e25-48ff-895e-dd7b271ab7d1

What I think:
Seems to me that he is somewhat of a bandwagon fan.
He wasn't a Packers fan when they hired him and I just found out that he's from Florida, he covered the Jaguars before, so he just came here to do a job.
He is also a smart *** in his column or remarks to Packers fans.
Which I don't think is right. If the Packers have someone speaking for them on a regular basis then that person should have class, just like the organization.
He needs to be fired and the Packers need to bring in a fan who is more knowledgeable about the team and organization and can speak with class.

What do you think?

I know I'm a few years late, but why would you think that team editors are "fans"?

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's way to ******* fans that ask questions he thinks aren't up to his "expert" standards.

I think he is a knowledgeable man with plenty of insight to offer, and a realistic, and refreshing view on the Packers.

I think by reading the comments that fans send in, many people just can't handle being told their opinion is wrong in any capacity.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find myself not agreeing with Vic sometimes, but a lot of times he has the right responses just not the ones we want to hear. I think that is very admirable on his part. Awesome Vic

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he is a knowledgeable man with plenty of insight to offer, and a realistic, and refreshing view on the Packers.

I think by reading the comments that fans send in, many people just can't handle being told their opinion is wrong in any capacity.
It's actually more about how he words his response to the questions that he doesn't feel are up to his "expert" level. It has very little to do with people being wrong and more to do with Vic calling people idiots for asking a simple question.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those of you that follow Vic at packers.com, you know he's been asking that Lambeau ticket holders not sell their tickets to Cowboy fans this week. Found this exchange in yesterday's "Ask Vic" that shows he's doing his part:

Samantha from Hartford, WI

I wish I could help the non-tundra takeover! I would give anything to be at this game, but with two small kids, it just is not in the budget. What should I be watching for during the game on TV?

You should be watching for yourself, Samantha, because you’re going to the game. That’s right, I’m giving you my two tickets for this Sunday’s game because I wanna make sure my seats have the seats of Packers fans

Pretty cool of Vic to do this. Too bad I live so far away (North Carolina). The gentleman in me would be happy to accompany Samantha and provide tips on staying warm...
I agree that it is a very cool thing for Vic to do; but it sucks that both of her kids won't also be able to attend.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
It's actually more about how he words his response to the questions that he doesn't feel are up to his "expert" level. It has very little to do with people being wrong and more to do with Vic calling people idiots for asking a simple question.
He actually makes fun of people that don't meet his "standards". He's a ****.

Hincha

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I read him almost daily... he is a wealth of knowledge about football. I appreciate the NFL much more now for its business side and offseason... managing the salary cap, player team relationships, Senior Bowl, NFL combine etc...

Vic is pretty objective most of the time and I like that being a fan of the team. The sarcasm is a bit much at times, but some have it coming with the questions they ask.

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He actually makes fun of people that don't meet his "standards". He's a ****.

Oh comon, I'm am avid reader of his column, and he doesn't "Make fun" of people, he may be a bit sarcastic, but as he has said, "If your are mean spiritied or sensitive, this column is not for you." I think he has done a great job at maintaining that atmosphere.

Last edited:
Reaction score
At first.. I saw him the same way.. a bit pretentious maybe.. But as I began week to week to read his responses, I saw the good in him.. He's actually got a real good side in there.. with a tough exterior.. I think people fear what they don't understand. I saved a dog that was "misunderstood".. kinda like me lol I'd put her loyalty up against any canine on this earth today

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vic has a passion for the game, and great perspectives on it from his many years covering it. He has a great understanding of what goes on in the game, and is an encyclopedia of great stories and insights of the game and the men who play and coach it.
Vic gets it.