Your Biggest Concern.

Biggest Concern?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ST and Secondary. But it's the secondary. Too much uncertainties. I believe in the end, the backups will rise to the occasion, but I don't know for sure.

ST kinda isn't a concern, because I've come to terms that we're gonna suck at it anyway...

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Special Teams has been a big problem for a LONG time, and needs to be fixed. I don't know how, and obviously last year's attempts failed. in '96 we won the superbowl not because of Favre, not because of Reggie, but because together as a team we dominated the Three points of Football all together, Offense, Defense, AND Special Teams. Our offense and Defense are above average, its our special teams that suck.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I put secondary, but I don't necessarily mean the secondary itself. If Al comes back and is able to play decent, and we get even just decent performances out of Lee or Underwood, that is vast improvement from Bush. However, no matter how good the secondary itself is, it will get picked apart if we don't improve our pass rush. Thats why I almost chose linebackers, but thats not exactly true because we actually have pretty good linebackers. CM3 is great, Barnett is the man, Hawk is at least productive, and we've seen good potential from Jones. Not to mention we have decent depth. However, if Jones can't win his one on one's and get to the damn QB, we lose the games like in Arizona again and again and our secondary is picked apart. I hope Brad can really improve, or maybe or D-line will be able to make mroe of a push, or both.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our special teams is abysmal, but the pass defense is what killed us last year and could again.
We all have brain scars from what Favre (2wice), Big Ben, and Warner did to us last year. I know Harvin did some damage and so did the Bucs KR.

But we handled Josh Cribbs, Felix Jones, etc.... our pass defense is exposed a lot more because of **** like Jarrett Bush. And we can't even say for certain that Pat Lee and Brandon Underwood will do any better because they've never shown it. Plus can they even last without getting hurt again?

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our special teams is abysmal, but the pass defense is what killed us last year and could again.
We all have brain scars from what Favre (2wice), Big Ben, and Warner did to us last year. I know Harvin did some damage and so did the Bucs KR.

But we handled Josh Cribbs, Felix Jones, etc.... our pass defense is exposed a lot more because of **** like Jarrett Bush. And we can't even say for certain that Pat Lee and Brandon Underwood will do any better because they've never shown it. Plus can they even last without getting hurt again?

I really don't know about Underwood but it's Pat Lee who never gets off the injury bug. So far he's looked solid in OTAs and minicamps. However it's preseason and TC where he usually finds himself unable to play. Is there a possibility we cut him if he lands on the PUP list again? I've been scouring the NFL depth charts and found that a lot of other teams face the dilemma of actually having too many CBs on the roster. I'm pretty sure we can use one of those scrubs to fill in a roster spot.

OP
OP
packers020802

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at the Packers ST in 1996. AMAZING
ST is always overlooked but it seems all of those big games come down to "oh if we WOULDA made that FG we'd be in OT right now." or Punting and pinning the other team back deep. The Pack have been horrible in ST lately and NEED TO IMPROVE. They're a playoff team for sure but having great ST could put them over the top.

That said... I still think the O-Line is the #1 concern... at least in mho....maybe Mr. Rodgers too.
If our two old *** tackles DONT make it through the season, WHO DO WE HAVE to step in? Some guy that couldn't beat out Barbe last year... TJ Lang and a ROOKIE.

We all better cross our fingers and hope the Ol' bookends (Clifton 34 / Mark 33) make it through the year.... OUR ELSE #12 IS DOOMED.

PackisBack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D-line is my biggest concern. Can our front 3 open up enough holes for CM3 and Brad Jones to get the pressure we lacked last season on the QB? Normally you'd think that that responsibility would fall on the LBs but I believe the talent is there at OLB, we just need to make some space for them.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Secondary. If Harris isn't the same guy (and that guy wasn't all that great lately to begin with) and we pick up another injury we're screwed. Not enough depth there.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Secondary. If Harris isn't the same guy (and that guy wasn't all that great lately to begin with) and we pick up another injury we're screwed. Not enough depth there.
You are correct sir.
Again, I'm not sure if Packer fans have forgotten the aereal assaults we were victim to twice versus the Vikings, at Pittsburgh, and at Arizona due to mental scars or what, but our pass coverage was pathetic. The pass rush was weak as well but we have added 2 guys on the DL who have ability to push the pocket into a QB, and we also expect a bulked up Brad Jones to be even better.

The CB position was on skates in all those games, and we surely WILL pick up another injury. Or more than one. People take Charles Woodson for granted. He used to miss 6 games a season. What will our CB coverage look like if his turn comes up to get hurt?

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WE DO NOT HAVE A SECONDARY PROBLEM, it just looks that way. Any QB given enough time to throw the ball will beat the best secondary in the NFL every time, plain and simple.

For our defense to play better and win games like the playoff loss last year, our front 7 has to collapse the pocket and make the QB throw the ball before he is ready. Sacks are good, but we have to consistently get to the QB.

That means the defensive line, outside LBs , and inside LBs have to improve their pass rush.

IMO this is where Jolly hurt the Pack last year, especially when Jolly and Hawk where on the field at the same time. If our defensive line play improves this year, watch for Hawk to have a real good year.

The same three things that cost the Packers the division and a playoff run are still issues.

1-The O-line

2 -Special teams

3 - Getting pressure on good QBs

White92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Special teams yes, but after the torching by AZ in the playoffs, and the loss of Jolly, I said D-line.

They have got to effectively get to the QB..if not, all these expectations will be way too high.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is kind of scary though that, like Rodgers, if we lose Woodson somehow, we won't be able to win many games.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In order my concerns are:
1) The O-line
2) Penalties
3) Blown calls by the refs such as the one in AZ. (You know which one.)

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pass rush is my biggest concern, i have to agree with DILLIGAFF that a QB will shred any secondary if he has all day to throw, that's why the saints were able to beat the viqueens and cardinals and we weren't

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pass rush is my biggest concern, i have to agree with DILLIGAFF that a QB will shred any secondary if he has all day to throw, that's why the saints were able to beat the viqueens and cardinals and we weren't

Plus look at the Viqueens themselves. Barely anyone can contain their front 4 and that's why theie secondary barely has to do anything. I think we'll be fine if nothing bad happens to Matthews and Our D-line performs better than expected.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pass rush, but as others have said those penalties have frickin killed us. Then special teams, as they qualified to be listed as "special needs" last season.

Wolvi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
O-line to hit a point again:) We are all talking about the Cardinal game..how many sacks did they have? 5? If one injury hurts us the most its at QB...O-line has to get more consistent...A-Rod has to let it fly sooner too though:)

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A.R.

Hear me out on this. He may be a 2 time pro-bowler or whatever. He may have thrown for consecutive 4000 yard seasons with 30 plus TDs but the fact is this. He's a .500 QB and dismal in come from behind time.

Improve in these areas we win the division and go deep in the playoffs. We don't improve in these areas, we draft number 1 in 2011.

Now I know what the A.R. lovers will say 'he can't be blamed for how the defense plays'...true. However, Marino and Elway who put up similar TD and yardage numbers to A.R. were able to overcome terrible defenses and put up the big number in the W column...the column that DOES matter.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OL will be fine, secondary will be fine, LB's will be elite, DL will be OK, and as usual ST will suck. It seems like we haven't had a decent ST unit in forever. This is my last year to deal with Crosby kicking 75% and missing kicks from 40 yards. If he has another mediocre season I am on the boot him bandwagon.

In which case Holmgren will probably pick him up in Cleveland and he will become the best kicker in the league. It only seems like destiny...

Members online

Latest posts