You always remember your first time

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First Year Packer coaches and their records. 7 of McCarthy's 13 predecessors had losing records, 2 were .500, 4 had winning records.

Mike Sherman 9-7
Ray Rhodes 8-8
Mike Holmgren 9-7
Lindy Infante 4-12
Forrest Gregg 8-8
Bart Starr 4-10
Dan Devine 4-8-2
Phil Bengston 6-7-1
Vince Lombardi 7-5
Ray Mclean 1-10-1
Lisle Blackbourn 4-8
Gene Ronzani 3-9
Curly Lambeau 10-1

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF (and i know it's a big if) Favre comes back, and they can make a few good additions, i don't see why they can't be 10-6 or better. They have a decent schedule next year.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i thought this was gonna be naughty.... :(

Ill say, with favre we go 9-7

w\o, we go 6-10

having a reliable(not even great, or superstar....just..reliable) QB can do a lot.

Reaction score
Lol, yeah I agree with Trom... the thread title is misleading.. :evil: :p

But Trom, I think we can do even better than 9-7 if Brett comes back, I wouldn't say a 12 game season is out of the question. Longwell needs to get back into form (or any new kicker we use), because a solid kicker can also do a lot. I think IF Favre comes back, then honestly I expect a decent run from the Pack.

AND GP_1_AGAIN..... LOVING THAT NEW AVATAR!!! :D

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well i think this is gonna be a hard year for MM. first HC job. the best thing he has going for him is the defensive scheme is the same as last year, so thats moreunder control. otherwise has has no QB as of right now, cuz favre is being favre...no run game besides gado..no offensive line. all we have is TEs\WRs

i just want 8-8 or better in year 1, and a BIG improvement in year 2.

edit - this prediction will probably change after draft\FA moves.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
bring back Sherman...

(he went 9-7 his first year...!)

Reaction score
lol truer words were never spoken (by cheesey at least :wink: )

But it will take them time to adapt to MM's O system. Hope its got a lot of similarities to the old one because it makes things that much easier.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The GOOD thing is........the Pack has a somewhat easy schedule this year. So, IF they can adjust, and Brett comes back full force, there is NO reason they can't be decent. There are so many "IF'S" right now though......IF Favre comes back is a HUGE one to me.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i also thought this was gonna be a "juicy" thread - thanks for killin the "buzz", cali!! j/k! :rubeyes: :wall: :lol:

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
i also thought this was gonna be a "juicy" thread - thanks for killin the "buzz", cali!! j/k! :rubeyes: :wall: :lol:

Oh girl! If ya let that frustration and disbelief get the better hold of ya, whose gonna come rescue ya :arrow: :?:

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah and turtles will fly too. He has never runned for that in a season I dont think unless you tally sideline to sideline

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
bring back Sherman...

(he went 9-7 his first year...!)

This is called sucking up (but, to the wrong guy) -- you sure you don't want to become a Houston Texan's fan? (might be already...)

If you really want to go with the best of the best -- then you pick Curly Lambeau outright :!:

But, one poster comes real close "IMHO" - and that's we possibly lose two too many games to make 8-8, if Brett retires... and we end up 6-10; course, the second year, we'll most likely be in the Playoff circle again.

If Brett's back - we go 9-7 ...AND we make the playoffs, but get smacked for too many INT's (LOL) ---- gawd, I wish we could break Favre of that habit... seriously! McCarthy's gonna just have to git in his *** over it, like Holmgren did in 1994 - that '93 season was nuthin' but BS -- Favre should always be glad Holmgren was around - if it'd been Sherman - we wouldn't have Favre as a Legend - THAT MUCH, is for dang sure! Ya hey!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sorry to say this...but that's Bulls*** IPBPrez...

Just surround him with some god damned talent at receiver and an o-line that can block and Favre will win games for you...

(The Pack didn't win because Sherman didn't know what the hell he was doing out there....!)

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL -- then I guess we must consider your comment as "tongue-in-cheek"...then?

Ya can't have it both ways, ol' boy -- either you're for Sherman, or you aren't!

First you wanna bring back Sherman (earlier posting of yours).
Then, just now, you say he can't pull his own head out of.......

Which is it?

Personally, I think McCarthy will be a marked improvement in the HC chair!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts