Would you want Holmgren to coach the Pack again?

Would you like to see Holmgren coaching the Packers again?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way, never again

• Depends on the outcome of this season

• Total voters

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
Nope.

I like Mike as a Coach, but he bailed on GB <-- that's how I see it anyhow

Bailed, yup he did. Wanted more money and power. That's the true spirit of the game :roll:

Good thread and poll musccy.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ryan said:
SlickVision said:
Nope.

I like Mike as a Coach, but he bailed on GB <-- that's how I see it anyhow

Bailed, yup he did. Wanted more money and power. That's the true spirit of the game :roll:

Good thread and poll musccy.

What really bothers me if he would have waited a year or two he would have had full control and ya know the Pack just might have missed a beat ya know? We could be talking about going for our 3rd or 4th SB but instead we're not even considered favorites to win our division.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say never again. There are pleanty of other coaches that I would rather have then Mike. I have no use for him.

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be really curious to see him come back and see if it would affect Brett's performance at all. I honestly don't know if it would, I'm just curious.

However, I had much higher expectations for what he'd accomplish in Seattle, both as a GM and coach

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not mind seeing Holgren back in Green Bay. He is a good coach, better then Sherman, and has a great eye for talent. I guess I dont blame him for leaving. He got an opportunity to be Coach and GM in Seattle and not in Green Bay so he took it. What would you have done? I am content with Sherman as our coach and not GM so its all good, but if Sherman did get the axe, I wouldnt mind Holmgren coming back.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reason you try to leave with class is so you don't burn bridges. Mike H. burned them all as far as I am concerned. He has not produced at the level of Mike Sherman since he left, why in the World would be consider him? I appreciate his contributions of the past -- let's leave them there -- in the past.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I am forever grateful to Mike Holmgren for all that he accomplished while in GB. That said, he stuck a knife in this team prior to the second SB in 1997 when he or his reps let slip to the press that he was destined for Seattle. I cannot help but think that that black cloud he created over the team at that time, and his own looking forward to the new power, hurt us in that game.

I am a firm beleiver in moving forward, and Holmgren definitely has the feel of the car in reverse.

kuston

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he stuck a knife in this team prior to the second SB in 1997 - that says it all.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can never go back. Look at the situation that Joe Gibbs has in D.C. Every time I hear a Bears fan talk about bringing back Ditka I have to bring them back to reality.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with kuston and digs the pack. Holmgren didn't look as if he cared whether the team won or lost the year before he left. His attitude just wasn't the same. He can stay in Seattle as far as I am concerned.

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:
Holmgren didn't look as if he cared whether the team won or lost the year before he left. His attitude just wasn't the same. .

Well put, but I do give him some credit. He was willing to come back for Edgar's PHOF induction, something he didn't have to do.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. Holmgren hasn't won one playoff game yet in 5 years in Seattle. Everyone use to say what a genius the guy was, but when you are coaching hall of famers like Montana and Young as an offensive coordinator in San Fran, and Favre in Green Bay, they sometimes make you look smarter than what you really are.

I appreciate his efforts for getting us back to the super bowl, but I think it would be a mistake to bring him back to Green Bay.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I appreciate Holmgren's contributions while he was here. He did a great job. But his act was wearing thin by the time he left. The league has caught up to him, and his record in Seattle proves it.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I think people tend to overlook is the the assistant coaches Holmgren had on his staff when he was here. Looking at how many of them went on to Head Coaching jobs elsewhere, it may rank as one of the greatest coaching staffs of all time. That alone had much to do with Holmgren's success, something he hasn't been able to duplicate in Seattle.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
One thing I think people tend to overlook is the the assistant coaches Holmgren had on his staff when he was here. Looking at how many of them went on to Head Coaching jobs elsewhere, it may rank as one of the greatest coaching staffs of all time. That alone had much to do with Holmgren's success, something he hasn't been able to duplicate in Seattle.

That's a good point. He did have an all-star staff when he was here.

Someone once pointed that out about Parcells too, because he had Bill Belichick as an assistant on a lot of his winning teams. Now Belichick is the one winning big without Parcells.

Members online

Latest posts