1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Worst Places for Injuries

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by aaronqb, Jun 18, 2010.

1. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    woo hoo

2. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    I completely agree with your list.

But there's another factor: lenght and time of injury.

Rodgers being lost for one game, as long as it's a regular season game, we can win the SB. Even for 2 games. More than that is almost over.

Woodson IMHO can be missed for as much as 5 games, again, not counting postseason. I believe the same for CM3 and Collins.

And I think Grant can even lose half the season, that we'll make the postseason. But definitely by wildcard...

Jennings being lost for the season isn't as problematic as the above, but it considerably shortens our chances of sucess. The same can be said for Barnett.

This all for 1 player only. If we lose 2 players at a certain position for an extend period of time, we're plain screwed. Unless it's on the OL. Wow. Incredible that the position we have more depth is the OL right now...

3. DILLIGAFF

DILLIGAFF Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    IMO if Finely goes down would be a devastating blow to the offense. Opposing defenses are starting to game plan against him which in turn opens things up for everybody else. Other than A-rod, we can plug in a backup to get the job done at the other positions on offense and still run the same game plan.

Nobody can replace Finely, and if we have to MM will change his game plan quickly to accommodate the loss.

Grant is a loss, but replaceable

4. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,019
    The offensive line is in a transition phase, for the 5th year. Injuries there would harm the passing offense, not to mention Rogers. Football is still a game of blocking and tackling; so injuries to either the offensive or defensive lines will affect our chances probably more than injuries to the "stars".

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,098
    I still am worried about injuries to the O line. If we lose both tackles in one game it could ruin the season possibly.

6. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    Woodson and Rodgers are only 2 that could really damage our season

7. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    What about Crosby???? We have noone else at the Kicker position! :)

8. profile_removed

profile_removed Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    1. If we lose JerMichael Finley we're in trouble. I see 0 depth at TE. Super QB need SOMEONE to get the ball down the middle of the field to. It's what worked in '96.

2. If ANY combination of 2 of the 3 inside linebackers *Hawk, Barnett, Chillar* go down we're screwed. Bishop has proven he can't do the job against a marquee back. Now if we didn't have MN on the schedule at the time of the injury we might be able to get away with it...but if Bishop had to go against AP forget it we'd be in huge trouble.

Those are the only 2 areas where we don't have enough depth to cover ourselves. Unless of course as someone previously said we lost BOTH starting tackles at the same time. Though I think we could get away with Lang and Bulaga at Tackle for a week or two, not more than that though.

9. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Your original list is great.

I'd add that Jennings & Driver are also extremely crucial.
    I remember Brooks tearing his ACL in the 1996 season, also against San Francisco and at home on the Lambeau grass (as both Kampman and Harris were).
    I know when we got Andre Rison, we ended up winning the Super Bowl.

But during the season, our offense struggled so badly for a stretch there they had to go out and get Rison. Losing a top WR will mess up the timing and overall offense. You think Ted Thompson would go out and get a veteran like Wolf did with Rison? Hell no. He'd call up a Josh Bell type youngster.

Now I do have tons of faith in Jordy & Jones though. But nobody is the threat that Jennings is, and Driver is just so reliable.

10. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    Based on last year..........it seemed we should have went for it on forth down more. By midseason or so.......every time he walked out on the field.........I was standing up in front of the TV........saying...."Please don't miss this" then it seemed like I followed up with........many bad...bad words!

I think he will improve this year though.

11. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +837
    That may actually benefit the Packerss in the long run! :yahoo:

12. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    I also think that a big long term injury to any of the DL guys would be huge because it would jack up the rotatation and the rest of the guys would get a lot more gassed.

13. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Not necessarily, I think we have enough depth to suffice at least one injury, just hope that it's not Harrell...again. Furthermore it gives guys a chance to step up and show what they can do. For instance I'd like to see rookies Mike Neal, CJ Wilson and Aleric Mullens get a sizeable number of snaps. However for them to even step on the field they'd have to take them away from someone else.