Worn out his welcome already?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Well at least that is what PFT thinks for what that is worth.... but it would be funny after all the debate over it...

Would take a flyer now?

Or what if a burner like Stallworth gets cut... better the Holiday or Martin? It would be a dimension we don't have other than maybe Clowney if he sticks.

With Harrison on the shelf.. would the Pats want Manuel for a couple of games? Moss for Manuel :razz:

MOSS ON THE BUBBLE?

There's talk among some league insiders that the New England Patriots are considering whether to release receiver Randy Moss.

Seriously.

We scoffed when we heard it, but then a source explained that the question the Pats are believed to be pondering is whether Moss will become a problem if he is not a focal point of the offense -- or if he isn't in the opening-day starting lineup.

And we agree that this sounds crazy. Exactly as crazy as, say, any rumors that would have been making the rounds on Friday morning that the Jaguars were planning to part ways with Byron Leftwich.

Moss currently is listed as one of the starters at receiver, along with Donte' Stallworth. But Moss suffered a pulled hamstring several weeks ago and has seen only limited duty since then, opening the door for other wideouts to show what they can do.

If this rumor is true, the only logical explanation is that the Pats are wrestling with whether Moss is a luxury that they don't need in order to be successful -- and whether his presence could actually keep them from their goals if he is unhappy with his role.

As we see it, however, it would be easy enough to dump him if he turns out to be a problem. The only financial risk would be his $2.5 million base salary, which becomes guaranteed if he's on the roster when the regular season begins (if he is released and chooses to take the rest of the money as his one-time termination pay).

Then again, maybe coach Bill Belichick doesn't want to divert his attention from getting the team ready to play by monitoring whether a grown man is behaving like one.

The situation bears watching as Saturday unfolds. Even if Moss stays, there's sure to be plenty of upheaval at the receiver position as final cuts are made, given that ten receivers are still on the roster, including Moss, Stallworth, Wes Welker, Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gaffney, Kelley Washington, Bam Childress, Kelvin Kight, Chris Dunlap, and C.J. Jones.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss isn't worth the trouble. He's a time bomb just waiting to go off. Only plays when he wants to? Leaves the field with time left on the clock? No thanks.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be shocked if the Patriots cut him. Considering it's PFT and all the BS rumors they posted during the last offseason of a Packers/Raiders trade for Moss, I take anything they post with a grain of salt.

If they do though, the Raiders by far got the better end of the deal with that 4th rounder.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Imagine the uproar!

Some fans feel the James Jones pick could have snagged Randy Moss. Now, imagine Moss gets cut and we sign him AND have James Jones.

My question is this, would those who bashed Ted for not making the Moss deal happen still *****? Or would they say it was a good move as obviously Jones is proving to be a worthy pick.

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still see not signing Moss as a lack of the ability to actually sign free agents.

After seeing what Randy is doing in NE during the preseason (or not doing to be more specific) I am happy we didn't land him. I thought going to a solid team, such as NE or GB might turn his attitude around. Guess not.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imagine the uproar!

Some fans feel the James Jones pick could have snagged Randy Moss. Now, imagine Moss gets cut and we sign him AND have James Jones.

My question is this, would those who bashed Ted for not making the Moss deal happen still *****? Or would they say it was a good move as obviously Jones is proving to be a worthy pick.

I'm happy TT kept the third round pick and took Jones instead of Randy, and have written so in previous posts. I'd still like to see Randy Moss in a Packer jersey. He has been hurt in pre-season. We just do not have a speed guy at WR. Moss or Gafney could be that guy.

I hope TT brings in a RB Bell, or Thomas from NO would be nice. GB can trade a kicker & a Saftey to get a RB.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After seeing what Randy is doing in NE during the preseason (or not doing to be more specific) I am happy we didn't land him. I thought going to a solid team, such as NE or GB might turn his attitude around. Guess not.

This has nothing to do with his attitude presently. He's had a hamstring injury most of camp. Sheesh!

I'm not a Moss defender but give the guy a break where it's due.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss is not on the bubble. He is listed as the starter on their depth chart.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still see not signing Moss as a lack of the ability to actually sign free agents.

No offense, but what about Woodson and Pickett?

Both were higher-profile, both were the best FAs at thier respective postions.....what more do you want?

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

Both were higher-profile, both were the best FAs at thier respective postions.....what more do you want?

a RB

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imagine the uproar!

I was one of those who *****ed when the Moss deal fell through. I don't see how anyone of us would *****, because we'd have what we wanted.

Ironically, I think it turned out for the best. I'd now rather see Jones and Jennings develop than put up with Moss' crap. I'm not sure if I'd want Moss if Bellichek couldn't even put up with his crap. But I have to admit, seeing Favre heave a 60 yard pass to Moss and him outjumping the defenders would be pretty awesome.

So....whatever happens happens. I'm confident '07 will be a good year to be a Packer fan regardless.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm more or less in the same boat as zombie. I really, really wanted Moss and was quite disappointed when he slipped away to New England.

Now, however, looking at our receiver corps I just don't see quite as much of a need or benefit anymore, plus the fact that if New England is that worried about his attitude, maybe we should be, too. I think he'd be okay with Favre, but I guess my point is that we seem to have a strong enough receiver set that I don't think we need New England's castoffs. I hope I'm not proven wrong on that.

I think we need to be focused on RBs and making sure things are taken care of in the backfield. That has me worried.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just curious...Am I the only person who noticed that the Packers' #1 offense moved the ball very well and put plenty of points on the board during the last three preseason games, including two games against pretty decent defenses? And that they had most of their success throwing the ball? Would Moss have any greater role than the #4 receiver in this offense?

Some more questions: Is it just bad luck that Moss pulled a hamstring, or is it because he's getting older and he is not known for being a workout warrior by any means? Why do so many football fans seem to think it's okay that he's spent the past few years quitting on routes and then pouting when the ball is not thrown his way? Randy Moss is like that cool, shiny toy that you looked at through the window when you were a little kid, and then you got it and it turned out to be a piece of crap.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Just curious...Am I the only person who noticed that the Packers' #1 offense moved the ball very well and put plenty of points on the board during the last three preseason games, including two games against pretty decent defenses? And that they had most of their success throwing the ball? Would Moss have any greater role than the #4 receiver in this offense?

Some more questions: Is it just bad luck that Moss pulled a hamstring, or is it because he's getting older and he is not known for being a workout warrior by any means? Why do so many football fans seem to think it's okay that he's spent the past few years quitting on routes and then pouting when the ball is not thrown his way? Randy Moss is like that cool, shiny toy that you looked at through the window when you were a little kid, and then you got it and it turned out to be a piece of crap.

The the Pack's #1 offense did okay. Just okay... I wouldn't mind getting Moss. But our niggest problem is not the passing game. We need to get therun game going or else it will be a very long year...

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

Moss was a free agent this offseason?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
pack_in_black said:

Moss was a free agent this offseason?
Yes, all free agents get traded. Silly. You knew that! :)

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I see not signing Moss as a lack of the ability to actually sign players who are under contract with another team. our front office is SO inept.