Worn out his welcome already?

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be very surprised if Moss were released by the Pats, especially if he is listed as their starter. I also said this back when everyone was screaming about Moss not coming to GB and being traded instead to the Pats; players like Moss have something about them that just won't allow them not to be the focal point of the team. They don't think team first, they think them first. That is why they become a distraction. If they don't get the attention on the field, they find a way to get it off the field and it's usually not the kind of attention that your team can tolerate. If you doubt that go ask the Queens or da Raiders. Personally, I'm glad we didn't trade for him. I think he is a very talented man, but the other stuff distracts from the positives.

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good god you guys are **** here. I'm pretty sure you knew what I meant and yea I did make a mistake, but....

You know what...screw it...it isn't worth it.

Nice board you have here

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
MOSS MAKES IT (FOR NOW) WITH PATS, BUT SEYMOUR GETS PUP'ED

The New England Patriots have made their mandatory reduction to 53 players. Receiver Randy Moss has made the cut, for now. Earlier on Saturday, we reported on rumors in league circles that the Pats were wrestling with whether to let Moss go, due to concerns that he might not react well if he isn't the focal point of the offense.

The biggest news for the Patriots is that defensive end Richard Seymour, who's on track for immortalization in Canton, was placed on the Physically Unable to Perform list, which means that he will miss at least the first six weeks of the regular season.

Released were the following: CB Larry Anam, LB Chad Brown, WR Bam Childress, WR Chris Dunlap, G/C Mike Elgin (a seventh-round pick in 2007), T Corey Hilliard (a sixth-round pick in 2007), TE Brian Jones, WR C.J. Jones, WR Kelvin Kight, LB Corey Mays, TE Garrett Mills (a fourth-round pick in 2006), DL Rashad Moore, G/C Gene Mruczkowski, T Clint Oldenburg (a fifth-round pick in 2007), TE Marcellus Rivers, LB Justin Rogers (a sixth-round pick in 2007), RB Quinton Smith, QB Vinny Testaverde, DE Santonio Thomas, CB Dante Wesley, and DL Zach West.

Bottom line? Four second-day 2007 draft picks were cut in one day by the Patriots.

The Pats have six receivers on the roster -- Moss, Donte' Stallworth, Jabar Gaffney, Reche Caldwell, Wes Welker, and Kelley Washington. Troy Brown and Chad Jackson are on the PUP list, and could return after Week Six. Thus, there's a chance that another receiver could be dumped, or possibly traded, before the start of the regular season.

MOSS RUMORS DON'T DIE

We are hearing more -- not less -- of those rumors that the Patriots might pull the plug prematurely on the Randy Moss experiment.

The talk is intensifying in the media, and among league insiders. One league source tells us that Moss is "*****ing quietly" about his perceived role in the offense. A media source says that "where there's smoke there's fire" on this story.

Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald mentions the rumors, and reports that Tim DiPiero, who represents Moss, had not heard of any potential issues with the former Pro Bowler whose arrival in New England has helped to push expectations higher than ever.

Though Moss was not released on Saturday, the team could still dump him prior to next weekend and avoid responsibility for his $2.5 million salary. As we mentioned on Saturday night, the Pats currently have six receivers on the roster -- Moss, Donte' Stallworth, Wes Welker, Jabar Gaffney, Reche Caldwell, and Kelley Washington. (Troy Brown and Chad Jackson are on the PUP list.)

Notably absent are any youngsters who would try to earn reps with the offense in the future through heavy involvement in special teams. As the roster is currently configured, guys like Gaffney and Caldwell (both starters in 2006) and Washington would be used for punt/kick coverage/return teams.

Could it be that the Pats will try to shop Moss to someone like the Packers or the Vikings before cutting him? Though Minnesota coach and former Eagles offensive coordinator Brad Childress surely has no interest in acquiring another potential T.O., owner Zygi Wilf might conclude that a return by Randy could be the way to sell out all of the seats for 2007.

Members online

Latest posts