Words of wisdom from Pat Williams

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Vikings defensive tackle Pat Williams, who turned 38 last month, won’t be playing football much longer. But perhaps he’s destined to become an Art Donovan/Tony Siragusa-style contributor to the game in retirement, because the guy is entertaining.
Sure, America’s youth may not best be served by Pat’s grammatical choices. But the guy is entertaining.

Here’s some evidence of that fact, via Mark Craig of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.

In response to the recent report from Sean Jensen, formerly of the St. Paul Pioneer Press and now of the Chicago Sun-Times, containing quotes from unnamed players who don’t like coach Brad Childress, Williams went off a little.

“I don’t know. That’s just all reports. Ain’t no names. That’s Sean Jensen. So that’s what Sean Jensen do. He ain’t going to give nobody no names. So I really don’t pay no attention to that. That’s all he-say, she-say stuff. He ain’t going to put no names put out there, so I don’t know if it’s true or not. That’s like somebody say I’m gay, but they don’t have to tell me who said it. I don’t know. But they’re going to believe it. They going to believe it. If somebody starts that rumor, they’re going to believe it. So that’s how it is. That’s all rumor. They not going to tell me who said it, so I don’t know.”

Williams also spoke about former teammate Chester Taylor, the running back who defected to the Bears in the offseason.
“I don’t care about no Chester,” Wiliams said. “He’s not on our team, so I really don’t care about him. If you aren’t on the Vikings, I don’t care about you. . . . That’s how I roll.

“Chester don’t even start, so we don’t worry about him right now. He ain’t the starting running back. He’s the backup, so we’re going to try and put the other back out and put Chester in there. At the end of the day, we don’t worry about Chester.”

Williams saved some positivity for former Vikings head coach Mike Tice, who now serves as the Bears’ offensive line coach.
“I love Tice,” Williams said. “I ain’t got no problem with Tice. He was my head coach. There’s no problem.

Me and Tice are cool. . . . I still love Tice. We’re just trying to go in there and beat him, but he’s a good offensive line coach.”

We need to hear from this guy more often, both during his playing career and after it.
Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Maybe Pat and Emmitt can have a football show together. That would be classic. English teachers would riot.

"Dis be da Pat and Emmit Sho"

Members online

Latest posts