1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Woodson Pleas

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by El Guapo, May 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,457
    Is it me, or does it seem like Charles Woodson is almost begging to be on teams? I know that they guy has publicly stated that he still wants to play, but it seems that every couple days or so he lowers the bar:

- I want to play for a contender
    - I'll play for anybody, even if you're rebuilding
    - Oakland, I'll come back to you
    - Detroit, I will even play for you

I think that these are the kinds of things that his agent should be telling every GM, but Wood shouldn't have to broadcast it out in the media. He sounds like the kid with freckles begging to be on someone's dodgeball team during recess. I want to see him play because I think that he's still good. I wish that he didn't have to beg for work

2. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    He's worth being on any team just for his leadership. Sign him back to the Pack and just sit him every game if that's what is needed to be done.

3. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I love Woodson, and I feel he could be fine our team for depth and leadership... plus he helped the defense against Peterson still last year week 18 when he returned. He's a good tackler still....

Wouldn't mind seeing him in Oakland or Denver.
    Would love Denver actually... only chance we'd meet him would be in the Super Bowl. That'd be swell.

4. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Woodson started missing a lot of tackles at the end of his career and didn't show the same tackling ability/determination he had earlier shown with the Packers. It seemed to coincide with his broken collar bones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    I had those freckles and I was the one doing the picking...I may have passed you by and made you get picked last :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,010

Woodson is a Millionaire so i wouldn't say he's "beggin" for work. I would like to see him come back of course but i wouldn't mind if he went to Detroit where he was a legend at michigan and has a huge following there. I still think we should bring him back but im not TT.

7. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,408
    Yeah, I don't think there is any science that says freckles are inversely correlated to athletic ability.

8. mayo44

mayo44 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Wouldn't that aspect apply to Oakland as well?

9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,082
    say you will play for minimum then well see where the market is

10. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,457
    Trust me, I got passed up. They wouldn't even let me play four square!

I think that it's implied that Woodson will play for the minimum

11. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,082
    What makes you think that?

If he was willing to play for minimum I'm fairly certain it would have been reported as he has said everything else to try n get on a team

12. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,017
    After the San Francisco debacle it was Kevin Greene (who knows something about getting after a QB) who came out in defense of Walden--saying it wasn't his responsibility on the play Kapernick scored:

"... Kevin Greene, defended Walden and said he fulfilled his responsibility on the play.
    “He did,” said Greene. “What is hard for the media to understand is we funnel the ball to people. Very rarely will we take a block head up, center mass, you follow me? We will take a side and we want to funnel that ball, and so that was the case. I know people look at Erik as being the major culprit on that play, which in fact he wasn’t on that play.” {Green Bay Press Gazette 1/15/2013}.

So, maybe it was Woodson's? He was a great player, but time marches on.

• Like Like x 1
  13. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,457
    I was cluing in on his statements, lack of demand, and age. While they have filed the papers yet, it appears that I may have been wrong. He got an incentive-laden contract with a $700k bonus.

• Old Old x 1
  14. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    No longer needed, he signed with the Raiders

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.