1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Woodson named NFC Defensive Player of the Month...Again!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by CM_Awesome, Dec 2, 2009.

1. CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    In five November games, Woodson totaled 28 tackles (22 solo), two sacks, three interceptions and eight passes defended. For the season, Woodson leads the Packers with seven interceptions and ranks second in passes defended (12) and tackles (60).

Just crown this guy Defensive Player of the Year already!!!!!!!!!!!

2. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Kudos to woodson for keeping the pack alive this season. He deserves every bit of recognition he gets. Woodson will most likely get defensive player of the year but this guy certainly won't stop until he reaches his ultimate goal and that's to retire with a SB ring.

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    When did he won before? October?

4. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    He won September

Don't forget that 55 interceptions he promised ;)

5. doughsellz

doughsellz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Unless GB can make a decent playoff run & get CW some real recognition, Darren Sharper is going to win it going away this season. Sharper has better stats & a bigger spotlight. If he gets at least 4 return yards from INTs he breaks the NFL single-season record. That will draw a lot of attention to his cause.

I'm just sayin'...

6. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    Agreed.

I'd vote for Woodson, I just don't think writers will. Lol.

7. DILLIGAFF

DILLIGAFF Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Its really not fair to compare the two, since Sharper has more opportunities to take risks, It is easier to go for an INT when you are up by 3 or 4 touch downs. That Saints offense is incredible.

Woodson has to be sure he gets that pick, he does not have the comfort of the big leads. You can be more aggressive on defense when you are up and you know the offense has to pass to get back into the game.

8. CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Sharper has 1 more INT and 1 more TD than Woodson. Woodson has 2 Sacks compared to Sharpers 0.5, 4 forced fumbles compared to Sharpers 0, and Woodson has 54 tackles compared to Sharpers 46. I think Woodson is having a better statistical year.

9. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    I think they vote before the playoffs, but I could be mistaken...

And Woodson has better stats... More turnovers forced, more sacks, more tackles, even being a CB...

But he has better spotlight

10. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    Frankly, I think the number 1 reason Woodson won't get the award is that since *cough* left the media doesn't seem to give a crap about Green Bay anymore. Lol.

11. bad93ex

bad93ex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    I think Woodson gets it still because he is having a monster year. Look for him to pad the stats against Flacco.