Woodson named NFC Defensive Player of the Month...Again!

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In five November games, Woodson totaled 28 tackles (22 solo), two sacks, three interceptions and eight passes defended. For the season, Woodson leads the Packers with seven interceptions and ranks second in passes defended (12) and tackles (60).

Just crown this guy Defensive Player of the Year already!!!!!!!!!!!

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kudos to woodson for keeping the pack alive this season. He deserves every bit of recognition he gets. Woodson will most likely get defensive player of the year but this guy certainly won't stop until he reaches his ultimate goal and that's to retire with a SB ring.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless GB can make a decent playoff run & get CW some real recognition, Darren Sharper is going to win it going away this season. Sharper has better stats & a bigger spotlight. If he gets at least 4 return yards from INTs he breaks the NFL single-season record. That will draw a lot of attention to his cause.

I'm just sayin'...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Unless GB can make a decent playoff run & get CW some real recognition, Darren Sharper is going to win it going away this season. Sharper has better stats & a bigger spotlight. If he gets at least 4 return yards from INTs he breaks the NFL single-season record. That will draw a lot of attention to his cause.

I'm just sayin'...
Agreed.

I'd vote for Woodson, I just don't think writers will. Lol.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed.

I'd vote for Woodson, I just don't think writers will. Lol.

Its really not fair to compare the two, since Sharper has more opportunities to take risks, It is easier to go for an INT when you are up by 3 or 4 touch downs. That Saints offense is incredible.

Woodson has to be sure he gets that pick, he does not have the comfort of the big leads. You can be more aggressive on defense when you are up and you know the offense has to pass to get back into the game.

OP
OP
CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm just sayin'...

Sharper has 1 more INT and 1 more TD than Woodson. Woodson has 2 Sacks compared to Sharpers 0.5, 4 forced fumbles compared to Sharpers 0, and Woodson has 54 tackles compared to Sharpers 46. I think Woodson is having a better statistical year.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm just sayin'...
I think they vote before the playoffs, but I could be mistaken...

And Woodson has better stats... More turnovers forced, more sacks, more tackles, even being a CB...

But he has better spotlight

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Frankly, I think the number 1 reason Woodson won't get the award is that since *cough* left the media doesn't seem to give a crap about Green Bay anymore. Lol.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frankly, I think the number 1 reason Woodson won't get the award is that since *cough* left the media doesn't seem to give a crap about Green Bay anymore. Lol.
I think Woodson gets it still because he is having a monster year. Look for him to pad the stats against Flacco.

Members online

Latest posts