Winfield....snubbed?

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chris Colinsworth is just a dummy. The entire game he's talked up Winfield saying he got snubbed for the probowl. Please. You don't play on the 29th ranked pass defense and still deserve to make the probowl.

You wanna talk about being snubbed? How about (a league leading) 7 INTs? When Winfield gets that many picks, then Colinsworth can talk about him getting snubbed. But until then, he needs to know his role and SHUT HIS MOUTH! Freakin' Jabroni.

Oh, and I know Zero has been pullin up old threads about Woodson, but here's my take.

I kinda witheld judgement on the signing, but was leaning towards bad. Looking at him now, good lord, I'm soooooo glad we locked him up for the rest of his career! :thumbsup: Kampman, Woodson, Hawk, Colledge, Jennings (until injury) the Gado/Morency trade is looking to be on the plus side for us, just some nice, nice moves by TT this year. Can I get a HELL YEAH?

OP
OP
P

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm re-watching the game right now. This is awesome. Our defense is just stupid-good in this game. Can I get a HELL YEAH?!?!

:beersign:

*Standing on the corner ring-posts, chugging two silver bullets @ once, Stone Cold-style*

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Chris Colinsworth is just a dummy. The entire game he's talked up Winfield saying he got snubbed for the probowl. Please. You don't play on the 29th ranked pass defense and still deserve to make the probowl.

You wanna talk about being snubbed? How about (a league leading) 7 INTs? When Winfield gets that many picks, then Colinsworth can talk about him getting snubbed. But until then, he needs to know his role and SHUT HIS MOUTH! Freakin' Jabroni.

Oh, and I know Zero has been pullin up old threads about Woodson, but here's my take.

I kinda witheld judgement on the signing, but was leaning towards bad. Looking at him now, good lord, I'm soooooo glad we locked him up for the rest of his career! :thumbsup: Kampman, Woodson, Hawk, Colledge, Jennings (until injury) the Gado/Morency trade is looking to be on the plus side for us, just some nice, nice moves by TT this year. Can I get a HELL YEAH?

To be fair, the Packers pass defense isn't much better...

celticraider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson is a GREAT player. Unfortunately I doubt he will ever make another pro bowl again. I been watching him put up pro bowl seasons in Oakland year in, year out and getting dissed, then called overrated.

In Oakland, no one even looked his way, he rarely got beat. Guy was a straight up lockdown corner. I feel he is the best bump and run cornerback in football. He smothers receivers and he is very dangerous to test as evidenced by the ********* who decided to throw his way this year.

As far as a pro bowl snub, how about my boy Nnamdi Asomugah ...
7 picks on the #1 pass defense in the NFL. Plays man 95% of the time and teams were avoiding him. As much as I like Fabian, I wish Woodson was on the other side of Aso this year.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Woodson doesn't lead the league in INT's. He's tied for second while having one game played more than others.
Our defense is 27th with one game played more than everyone else.

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson is doing better than I thought he would,a raider friend of mine said he was always hurt and didn't play all out. Boy, what a difference the change of teams makes.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Woodson is doing better than I thought he would,a raider friend of mine said he was always hurt and didn't play all out. Boy, what a difference the change of teams makes.

I mentioned this when we first signed him as well. He didn't like his team in Oakland, specifically the coach. Once Gruden left it seemed like he didn't care to be there anymore and was almost held against his will. I believe he spoke out against the team's coaching staff on mroe than one occasion.

The injuries, I dunno. Maybe lack of care made small injuries into big injuries where now he cares an is trying harder an fighting through them?

OP
OP
P

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson doesn't lead the league in INT's. He's tied for second while having one game played more than others.

Yeah, my bad, I meant NFC-leading. with one more game played, he is one behind Champ Bailey (sp?) and Asante Samuel. Extra game or not, that's not a bad group to be mixed in with.

And really, the point of this wasn't to say that the ranking of the pass D shows how good a cornerback is, cause that's wrong. Sure, we're 27th and the Vikings are 29th. I just got sick of CC saying "...and guess who makes the tackle!" every time Winfield was in on a play. I think Harris and Woodson are miles better than that guy.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

Yeah, my bad, I meant NFC-leading. with one more game played, he is one behind Champ Bailey (sp?) and Asante Samuel. Extra game or not, that's not a bad group to be mixed in with.

And really, the point of this wasn't to say that the ranking of the pass D shows how good a cornerback is, cause that's wrong. Sure, we're 27th and the Vikings are 29th. I just got sick of CC saying "...and guess who makes the tackle!" every time Winfield was in on a play. I think Harris and Woodson are miles better than that guy.

Yeah, he was firmly attached to Winfields *******. Very annoying!

They did a poor job overall with that game. Camera angles, commentors were leading into replays that didnt happen and they were inaccurate with their statements. Although one positive I don't think they called a player the wrong name.

OP
OP
P

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, he was firmly attached to Winfields *******. Very annoying!

They did a poor job overall with that game. Camera angles, commentors were leading into replays that didnt happen and they were inaccurate with their statements. Although one positive I don't think they called a player the wrong name.

I think Gumbel kept referring to Collins as "Jackson" towards the end. I will say Colinsworth is a good commentator, until he finds a favorite player of his. Then he just gets obnoxious. But he shows flahes of greatness here and there where I find myself thinking, " this guy is almost enjoyable...."

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Winfield is a really nice player. Woodson is a great player. There is no comparison in the way these two guys cover. Winfield will cover like a blanket sometimes, Woodson covers like a blanket most times. If Woodson has you one on one, better than 90% of the time he will cover you and make the play. Anyone who knows football and watches Woodson in coverage has to see that he is a pro bowl caliber player. So is Harris.

~TheJoker~

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Asante Samuel is a product of the New England system---BET. He's a free agent next year, and if he goes to a new team, watch his INT totals decline year after year.

For some reason though, QBs have decided to test Champ and Charles in 2006. The media will SURELY let you know how wonderful Champ's sac tastes, while we, for some reason, are the only ones who know (and/or care) that Woodson is back. Such is life. As Celtic said, once you start getting negative press about your actual PLAY, when Surtain dogged him years ago, it sticks. And it stuck. Hence, no Pro Bowl love.

I guess next year he'll have to get 10 picks, 5 FF, 3 sacks and 2 TDs to even have a chance---at a reserve spot.

OP
OP
P

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
~TheJoker~ said:
I guess next year he'll have to get 10 picks, 5 FF, 3 sacks and 2 TDs to even have a chance---at a reserve spot.

Yeah, all that before week 8-9, which seems like the point that alot of the voters judge on.

celticraider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
celticraider said:
...As much as I like Fabian, I wish Woodson was on the other side of Aso this year.

Have you tried this post on a raiders forum? :wink:
No one defends my boy, or says they wish he was still in Oaktown more than I do. So yeah, Ive said it on Raider forums, in Raider bars, and ill be telling the guys I go see the Jet game with "Damn, I wish we still had Woodson" :)
I dont wanna bag on your friend, but he sounds like he didnt watch Woodson play much in Oakland. Even the people who didnt like Woodson main complaints were 1) He made too much money 2) He didnt get enough INTs (cause they avoided him like the plague) 3) He doesnt like to study film. 4) Injury prone (this concern imo is valid)

I have never once heard anyone question Charles Woodsons motor. That kinda shocks me and tells me your friend didnt watch him play often. He ALWAYS brings it, brings it so damn hard he winds up getting hurt. Thats the only problem with CWood.

Members online

Latest posts