Will Starks be running wild in Big D?

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It'd be awesome if he could, but this is the Steelers D we are talking about here. I'd be surprised if he rushes for 50 yards. This game will be won or lost by the defense and Rodgers' arm.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should only run the ball about 10-15 times all game long, with about 3 of them being Rodgers scrambles and hopefully a couple being goalline touchdown plunges by Kuuuuhn or Starks.

Running against the Steelers is like banging your head against the wall.

We must throw early and often, short, medium and deep. Middle of the field and the edges. Quick passes to keep Rodgers from concussions.
And then run some occasional draw plays to catch Harrison and Woodley flying out wide going after Rodgers.

I also want to surprise them with some no-huddle when Rodgers gets into a rythym.

Damn I wish Finley was in this game.

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will run the ball in this game to set up play action which is Rodgers bread and butter. But play action has to be timed correctly in play calling because of their pass rush. You cannot fake and hand off if you have a steeler LB in your face. I think Starks gets 70 and a td. just a hunch.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should only run the ball about 10-15 times all game long, with about 3 of them being Rodgers scrambles and hopefully a couple being goalline touchdown plunges by Kuuuuhn or Starks.

Running against the Steelers is like banging your head against the wall.

We must throw early and often, short, medium and deep. Middle of the field and the edges. Quick passes to keep Rodgers from concussions.
And then run some occasional draw plays to catch Harrison and Woodley flying out wide going after Rodgers.

I also want to surprise them with some no-huddle when Rodgers gets into a rythym.

Damn I wish Finley was in this game.
Sucks that Finley could play if he weren't on IR

cakoski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt he will have a big game. The Steelers run defense is just too good. The last thing we want to do is to try rushing the ball too much and putting ourselves in long 3rd downs. If we can get he involved in the passing game and use him enough to keep the defense honest we should be in good shape.

Packerstud

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just consult my siggy! Gonna go Stark ravin mad on Steelers D!

Nice Pic!

We have to run to set up play action. Even if it isn't working we must still run 30% of the time. So I hope Starks gets at least 60+ yards. We'll need it.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the guy but I am not sure he will. But he did carve up the Chi town D in the first half. Starks has great hips and is able to make some cuts that only elite backs can in the League. He has excellent size, decent speed, and he looks like a bull. I just am concerned that now the Steelers have 3 weeks of tape to go off of and see what they need to do. McCarthy will probably throw something new in there for him, but if the Packers do get a nice running game going their D will have Pitt on their heels, 8 guys in the box, and Rodgers will be able to sell the PA like no one has seen before in the big game. I don't want to say yes or no, but I hope so. Game in some ways rests on the rookie depending how you look at it.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't I read somewhere that he is undrafted?
Yet it reads in the vid that he is drafted.
Which one is it?
And what does "undrafted" mean?

OP
OP
OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you see in the early part of the video where he ran the "wildcat"? Do we add this wrinkle in Dallas?

OP
OP
OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't I read somewhere that he is undrafted?
Yet it reads in the vid that he is drafted.
Which one is it?
And what does "undrafted" mean?

He was drafted in the 6th round of last years draft.
Undrafted means exactly that. After all the teams have chosen their players over two day event and the draft is over, those players who are not chosen become "undrafted free agents" and can try out with any team who will give them a chance.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts