Will Blackmon is NOT on injured reserve

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Though I appreciate AADP's efforts to correct the previous Blackmon thread, I think it will be easier if we just start a new one. So here it is.

ESPN was erroneous in its report of a couple days ago. Will Blackmon is NOT on IR. Here's the proof from today's Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

Coach Mike McCarthy indicated that the Packers would take two or three weeks before deciding whether cornerback Will Blackmon (broken foot) will go on injured reserve.

"We want to see where Will is with the pain tolerance," McCarthy said. "We're hopeful maybe this is something he can deal with and play."

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Hey! I said this first! :p heh

ESPN sure has been making a LOT of mistakes lately huh? Remember Eli was supposed to be out for at least a month? there was another one similar like that too. Now this Blackmon to IR deal.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey! I said this first! :p heh

ESPN sure has been making a LOT of mistakes lately huh? Remember Eli was supposed to be out for at least a month? there was another one similar like that too. Now this Blackmon to IR deal.

They also said that the Giants' big pass-rushing DE, Osemura or whoever, was going to miss the game against the Packers, but he was just fine.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think its so much ESPN's fault as it is Bill Belicheats.

if he didnt start the "hey im a coach so im gonna lie about my players injuries to confuse the other team cause im a huge leaking *********" trend... then none of this would be an issue.

Reaction score
I think this is a smart move (not to put Blackmon in IR).

Take your time to see if Blackmon can come back this season, all the while Koren Robinson is waiting for word on his reinstatement and/or getting back into football shape.

If Blackmon can't return, we can put him on IR and bring Koren to the active roster. That way, there isn't a need to release a player right away.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was glad to read what MM had to say. The IR is SO final. Of course, Blackmon may never shake the injury jinx. Some players are in that unfortunate category. But Koren is still a real possibility and if he makes it back, a real help, IMO. Too bad Koren isn't a CB.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I was glad to read what MM had to say. The IR is SO final. Of course, Blackmon may never shake the injury jinx. Some players are in that unfortunate category. But Koren is still a real possibility and if he makes it back, a real help, IMO. Too bad Koren isn't a CB.

Or a Punt Returner :(