Wildcard Weekend Packers vs 49ers

Midnight Toker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not buying into that cause IMO having Rodgers on the field opens up the run game and as long as MM will stick with it the Packers should be able to run the ball effectively.

Let's take a look at the rushing stats for the Packers with and without Rodgers this season (RB stats only):

When Rodgers played (8 games and one series) the Packers RBs ran the ball 215 times for 1,058 yards (4.9 yards per carry) and 7 TDs.

Without Rodgers (8 games minus one series) the stat line is: 192 rushes for 842 yards (4.4 average) and 8 TDs.

While I agree the Packers don't have a power running game, there's no reason for me to believe they won't run the ball well with Rodgers for an entire season.

Fair point so let's see how effective it is tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hoping this guy is the PLAYER OF THE GAME tomorrow:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crabtree is useless on the outside, where he will be, because Boldin has a stranglehold on the slot. I'm more worried about Patton than Crabtree at this point.
What??
Did you start your binge drinking early this playoff season?

Pro Football Focus @PFF
Follow

In the playoffs Kaepernick had a QB rating of 139.7 when throwing at Crabtree.

ESPN Stats & Info @ESPNStatsInfo
Follow

Colin Kaepernick targeted Michael Crabtree 27 times on 3rd down and 13 times in the red zone, both more than 3x as much as the next guy.

Cecil Lammey @cecillammey
Follow

including playoffs, Colin Kaepernick targeted Crabtree more than 3 times as frequently as any other #49ers player on both 3rd down & redzone

Jeff Deeney @PFF_Jeff
Follow

Michael Crabtree's stats in Kaepernick's 10 starts in 2012:
61 catches, 880 yards, 8 TDs. Kap had a 130.4 rating when targeting him. #49ers

when targeting any wideout not named Anquan Boldin (59.9 when you include all eligible weapons outside of Boldin and tight end Vernon Davis). The drop-off is substantial any way you look at it.
[/URL]
https://twitter.com/search?q=#49ers&src=hash
Here's what that means. Before Crab came back, you basically just had to cover #81 & 85, and you had Kaepernick stopped, see the stats.
NOW? Not so. Now besides #81 & #85, he has his true favorite receiver. TRANSLATION: That makes it harder to defend their passing game. But their running game is still their meat & potatoes.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1839069-breaking-down-how-michael-crabtrees-return-impacts-the-san-francisco-49ers

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
If the Packers win, they go to Carolina to beat the Panthers!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the Saints knocking off the Eagles, we now know IF WE PULL OFF THE HUGE UPSET over the strongest and healthiest team in the NFC tomorrow, we will then travel to CAROLINA and not to SEATTLE.

The Road could look like this:

Green Bay vs SF
@ Carolina
Green Bay vs NO or @Seattle

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
What??
Did you start your binge drinking early this playoff season?

Pro Football Focus @PFF
Follow

In the playoffs Kaepernick had a QB rating of 139.7 when throwing at Crabtree.

ESPN Stats & Info @ESPNStatsInfo
Follow

Colin Kaepernick targeted Michael Crabtree 27 times on 3rd down and 13 times in the red zone, both more than 3x as much as the next guy.

Cecil Lammey @cecillammey
Follow

including playoffs, Colin Kaepernick targeted Crabtree more than 3 times as frequently as any other #49ers player on both 3rd down & redzone

Jeff Deeney @PFF_Jeff
Follow

Michael Crabtree's stats in Kaepernick's 10 starts in 2012:
61 catches, 880 yards, 8 TDs. Kap had a 130.4 rating when targeting him. #49ers
Here's what that means. Before Crab came back, you basically just had to cover #81 & 85, and you had Kaepernick stopped, see the stats.
NOW? Not so. Now besides #81 & #85, he has his true favorite receiver. TRANSLATION: That makes it harder to defend their passing game. But their running game is still their meat & potatoes.
Crabtree played in the slot last year. He will not this year because Boldin pushed him out. Crabtree is nowhere near as dangerous on the outside as he is in the slot. Look up THOSE stats and I think you'll see that bears out. Most of those numbers came from Crabtree in the slot. TRANSLATION: Let him hit Crabtree, he won't play well out of position, and it means fewer chances for Boldin/VD to burn us.

Also, Bleacherreport is hardly a legitimate reference. For all I know, you posted that, though all I got when I clicked it was a twitter search for #49ers.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Well what's changed is teams used to double up on boldin. Now with Crabtree and Patton in, you can't double team him or you pay for it. Choose your poison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll take my chances with Crab and Patton in single. Teams will figure out that Crabtree deserves little respect at split end or flanker. At least Patton can play on the outside.

soho9erfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll take my chances with Crab and Patton in single. Teams will figure out that Crabtree deserves little respect at split end or flanker. At least Patton can play on the outside.
You mean like these 2 TD catches by Crabtree when he was lined up on the outside?? (in the last game he was available against you guys)

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the cold weather affecting the passing game, and Lacy possibly being hobbled I'm expecting a big game from Starks. James Starks MVP.

(Just don't throw him a screen pass..)

As far as who wins the game, it's whoever puts the ball on the ground less. With this cold weather, don't be surprised if it is 2,3 + times.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
With the cold weather affecting the passing game, and Lacy possibly being hobbled I'm expecting a big game from Starks. James Starks MVP.

(Just don't throw him a screen pass..)

As far as who wins the game, it's whoever puts the ball on the ground less. With this cold weather, don't be surprised if it is 2,3 + times.

Starks did have a screen pass for a td vs dallas

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're going to need guys like Lattimore, Perry, Raji, and Jennings to play better than they have of late. I will of course be disappointed if the Packers lose but I'll be more disappointed if they don't play well. I expect them to.

Go Pack!

D

Deleted member 6794

Just realized the Niners have given up 755 passing yards over the last two games, not a great recipe for success playing vs. Rodgers.

GO PACK GO!!!

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And what has Crabtree done THIS year since he's been back? Not much.

Here are numbers and league rank for those numbers. The numbers are for all 16 games, the 11 games Crabtree did not play, and the 5 games he played.

Comp %
16---58.5 (24th)
11---56.9 (30th)
5---61.7(12th)

Yards per attempt
16---7.7 (7th)
11---6.59 (27th)
5---8.23 (4th)

Yards a game
16---186.2 (30th)
11---165.4 (32nd)
5---232.0 (18th)
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/n...-2013-14-season/page1201/#3qYYKukBtviSec7t.99

soho9erfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here are numbers and league rank for those numbers. The numbers are for all 16 games, the 11 games Crabtree did not play, and the 5 games he played.

Comp %
16---58.5 (24th)
11---56.9 (30th)
5---61.7(12th)

Yards per attempt
16---7.7 (7th)
11---6.59 (27th)
5---8.23 (4th)

Yards a game
16---186.2 (30th)
11---165.4 (32nd)
5---232.0 (18th)
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/n...-2013-14-season/page1201/#3qYYKukBtviSec7t.99
And 3 of those defenses we played were Cardinals, Seahawks and Rams-- all formidable on the back end

Packers_16-0

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently, Anthony Davis doesn't think much of Appleton:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/201...sin-town-twitter-prior-game-green-bay-packers

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- San Francisco 49ers right tackle Anthony Davis tweeted disparaging words about Appleton, Wis. on Saturday night on the eve of his team's NFC wild-card game against the Green Bay Packers.

Davis tweeted that former pro wrestler Ric Flair was addressing the 49ers in a meeting Saturday night at their team hotel in Appleton.

"Nature Boy Ric Flair flew into this s---hole to show us some love," Davis tweeted.

After receiving unhappy responses to his initial tweet about Appleton, Davis took to Twitter once again to disparage the town.

"Ok everybody that strongly disagrees w me can you defend your argument on this place not being a s---hole? lol btw that is not Rhetorical," Davis tweeted.

Teams visiting the Packers routinely stay in Appleton, which is about 30 miles from Green Bay.

I hope this little brat eats his words. I dislike this team more and more each day.

Latest posts