Wild card studs n Duds

Reaction score
I was very pleased with the D not giving up much early on. We were still in the game mid second quarter but it felt like it was 17-0 Giants. Our ST was solid also. Nice job Janis. Those plays set us up nicely. Great Offense comeback for Aaron and Co

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good win! Glad to see Eli Manning no longer has as many wins at Lambeau as Rodgers. The first quarter play calling was horrendous. Packers started rolling once the offense ran more short and intermediate routes and Christine Michael effectively ran the ball. Hope to see that carry over into next week.

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: 4th down and inches play. Myself for almost giving up after the first quarter.

Studs: A-Rod, Cobb (welcome back!!!), Claymaker, fans, 6 second Hail Mary that got the team revved up, end zone coverage.
Now on to meet and beat the Cowboys.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
  • Special Teams-- all around. Schum, Hyde, Janis especially.
  • McCarthy, I didn't like his time out called before the 2 minute warning of the first half, but it payed off. Also, gutsy call on 4th and short. Didn't make it, but I like the call. This is the playoffs. Whimps need not apply.
  • Rodgers, eventually
  • D. "just a guy" Adams
  • "Welcome back" Cobb
  • Clay for playing through the whistle

Duds
  • The Giant who speared Jordy

There's a difference between being smart, and a "wimp". The call on 4th and 1 on our own 42 was not smart at all. If it's on the Giants 40? I'm with it 200% no doubt. The defense had been playing pretty good prior to,and we had the mojo. This defense cannot afford to be out in bad situations by the offense. You see what happened next. Punt the ball unless your running with Rip on 4th and inches.

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud........Julius Peppers, he set the tone for the defense
Rainey, for stepping out of bounds at the 3yd line
Dud? McCarthy, what a frickin moron on that 4th and inches. Instead of just running the ball straight up the middle, he tries to get fancy and try to outside to the left for lost yardage

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
On 4th down... I wanted that fake then Rodgers runs around the corner.. Did it vs Lions last week

Sky King

Reaction score
Studs: The obvious players, plus the oft maligned STs and Jeff Janis in particular for his STs play returning and covering kicks. And how can we overlook that money play by Clay Matthews.

Duds: Illegal crown of the helmet hit on Nelson's rib cage

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Rodgers after the slow start. That was a clinic against a very good defense
Adams, Cobb, and Cook. Stepped up.
Oline after the first quarter. Pass blocking was great after that. Run blocking was good as well outside of 4th and 1
Defense played well all around
Special Teams. Nice returns. Key punts. Good coverage. We dominated this phase it felt like
Ryan - forgot him the first time. He was awesome

Duds
Negative fans
4th down call
Start of the game

Last edited:

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jake Ryan was the highest graded defensive player. Gave up less than 5 YPC on 4 receptions. Saw him running down the field in one play with ODB, and he did better than he had any right to.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On 4th down... I wanted that fake then Rodgers runs around the corner.. Did it vs Lions last week
I have no clue why they went with Monty there. Out of our backfield he's the third guy I woulda wanted to carry that one behind rip and Michael. A quick little play action even, but not Monty against a stacked box 4th and 1.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jake Ryan was the highest graded defensive player. Gave up less than 5 YPC on 4 receptions. Saw him running down the field in one play with ODB, and he did better than he had any right to.

Yup, the best game of his career so far. Usually you don't notice him much in game, but he was noticeably our best defender out there.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
There's a difference between being smart, and a "wimp". The call on 4th and 1 on our own 42 was not smart at all. If it's on the Giants 40? I'm with it 200% no doubt. The defense had been playing pretty good prior to,and we had the mojo. This defense cannot afford to be out in bad situations by the offense. You see what happened next. Punt the ball unless your running with Rip on 4th and inches.

It was less than 1. I think about half a yard. So, it pretty much was inches. ~18 of them.

And, if you noticed, Rip was supposed to be the lead block, but ended up getting steam rolled which resulted in Monty going nowhere. Rip did not even get to the LOS.

So, your comment that it would only be smart to run the ball with Rip on 4th and inches would have failed, too.

Additionally, the followup Giant's TD would have been a TD had the Packers failed on 4th and inches from the Giant's 40 as well. Hell, it would have been a TD if the receiver had to run 90 yards for the score. Haha bit on the cross route underneath which left the CB with no over top support.

Last edited:

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Man I haven't been able to post a lot this season, but what a streak this team is on. Honestly this felt like another game once we got going on offense, because we have been playing playoff games since after Thanksgiving (sans last week i guess, but it still mattered.)

Studs:
A-rod - little rust but didn't turn the ball over or anything. Also owned up to holding onto the ball a bit too much.
Cobb - Made up for Jordy being out.
Davante
Michael
Cook
O-line
Ty
Clay
Peppers
Burnett - Made some standout plays this game. I think he is an important part of this defense.
Jake Ryan
Micah
Special Teams - On this winning streak our offense has been hot and the Defense has been solid. If the special teams starts hitting its stride, look out. This team firing on all cylinders is no doubt the scariest team in the league with A-rod at the helm.

Duds:
Slow start
Injuries
that 4th down call wasn't my favorite.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jake Ryan is good guys. We could have a nice ILB duo for years with him and Blake.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jake Ryan is good guys. We could have a nice ILB duo for years with him and Blake.
Blake is still learning. I kind of like Thomas over him now but Ryan is a freaking stud. He does so much and yet you never even see him do it.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

I was yelling at my TV for that exact play! As it turns out it looked wide open for AR to pick up the first and just keep running. Oh well, save it for the Cowboys! :tup:

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blake is still learning. I kind of like Thomas over him now but Ryan is a freaking stud. He does so much and yet you never even see him do it.
Blake is definitely still learning but I see a lot of potential in him. Good rookie season. Joe Thomas also has been playing A LOT better this year, as well. Remember when this was the biggest concern for our defense? Good times.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs: Randall, THE O'LINE,Micheals,Special Teams,Packer Weather
Duds: AR-15 1st quarter play, MM 4th down call, Refs blown calls, (All of the shirtless Giants)

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

Rodgers: Started very slow, under throw to Cook but stat line was insane
Offensive line time and time again

Davante-After Nelson went down he was the MAN
Cobb-obviously
Cook
Special Teams overall surprisingly
Clay punking that dude for the ball after strip sacking it
Ryan: I've been praising this guy forever, very fundamentally sound

Last edited:

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think its time we stop viewing Gunter and Joe Thomas as UDFA's. They are real *** NFL players. I am guilty as anyone as I always throw that UDFA out but these guys are not just stop gaps. They are legit.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: Green Bay's first five possessions, Jordy's injury.

Studs: #12 of course, best in the game.
Offensive line.
Christine Michael, in limited work.
Adams, Cobb, Cook.
Julius Peppers, Clay Matthews, Mike Daniels

Noteworthy: Special teams. Mason Crosby stroked the ball, which must have felt like a rock in the Lambeau cold, effectively and smoothly all day. Janis did a nice job on returns. Dwayne Harris did not hurt the Pack. And has anyone noticed that Jacob Schum has been a non-issue all year? No one is going to confuse him with Marquette King, but he's been decent, which is a step up from last year's Masthay.

Members online

Latest posts