Wide Receiver on the Market

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Texans just cut Eric Moulds and sure he has 10 years under his belt, but he may be good for 2 or 3 years. What do you think?

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we need to go with stars or young guys to improve the WR corps. Washed up guys that are still mediocre don't really do anything for us.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
another older WR is Brandon Stokely who is expected to be cut as reported by NFL network.

OP
OP
cyoung

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we need to go with stars or young guys to improve the WR corps. Washed up guys that are still mediocre don't really do anything for us.

The guy was 2nd to Andre Johnson, but he still caught some good passes and made some good plays. Although correct he is older and slowing down.

Packer Legend yes Brandon Stokley might be on the market, but he really only stood out a couple of the years, I really dont think he would be very good.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:

The guy was 2nd to Andre Johnson, but he still caught some good passes and made some good plays. Although correct he is older and slowing down.

Packer Legend yes Brandon Stokley might be on the market, but he really only stood out a couple of the years, I really dont think he would be very good.

He is injury prone to if im not mistaking, I would want Donte Stallworth and maybe Drew Bennet other then that look at the draft they have alot of good WR's this year.

OP
OP
cyoung

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is (or will) Drew Bennett be on the Market if so I would pick him up. He has some good hands.

OP
OP
cyoung

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wes Welker and Troy Brown wouldn't be bad either, Welker impressed me this year. I've always liked Troy Brown.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Texans just cut Eric Moulds and sure he has 10 years under his belt, but he may be good for 2 or 3 years. What do you think?

That wouldn't be much different from our pick-up of Boerigter last year.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cyoung said:

nah moulds has actually accomplished something...however, yeah Moulds' best years are behind him, maybe he'd be helpful as a situational reciever, but I dont think Jennings, Martin and Holiday are far enough along that 'just another situational guy' helps out that much...

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wes Welker and Troy Brown wouldn't be bad either, Welker impressed me this year. I've always liked Troy Brown.

Wes Welker & troy brown are good players but are not going to improve our team.
WE NEED MOSS

Wes Welker & Troy Brown will not draw attention away from Driver & Jennings. They will not take a safety away from the running game. They will not free up space down the middle for the tight ends or running backs. Moss will.

Wes Welker & Troy Brown catch passes and make plays because they are single covered on every play. Can you imagine what would happen if Randy Moss was single covered on every play?? He would have 135 catches for 3000 yards and 35 touchdowns. Hes that good. They are not. Bottom line.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need deep speed.

Exactly, we dont need a little guy like Welker who had a decent year. We need a bonafide superstar.

When Champ Bailey is looking at his schedule and sees Wes Welker, he says, "Ok, he's not gonna catch a pass when im singled up on him"

When he sees Moss on his schedule he says, "Ok, make sure i have lots of safety help so im not on 3 highlight reels this week"

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
id like us to get Bennett but we'd have to overpay and hes not an elite WR.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cyoung said:

Wow! How ignorant to actually put Eric Moulds in the same category as Boerigter! Moulds has been a top WR in this league for several years. Picking him up is similar to getting Rice or Tim Brown at the end of their careers. Boerigter flashed some talent and petered out, never to show much of anything again.

Now if TT is looking for a solid veteran WR who will attrack defensive attention (ala Moss), then Moulds is a solid option. He would be cheaper than Moss and likely has similar number of years left to play.

Moss was a better WR in his prime, but he's also more of a character problem. He's never been known to contribute in blocking. Because it's obvious when he's not going to get the ball, he actually doesn't help the running game much.

Moulds on the other hand would contribute in the rest of the game whether or not he's getting the ball. He's not going to make the amazing catches that Moss can, but he'd be dependable and still attrack defensive attention.

I like the idea of picking up Moulds. He caught 57 passes for the Texans last season playing second fiddle to Johnson. The previous year he caught 81 passes for the Bills. Moulds would provide similar output to Moss without the character issues and cost a lot less -- no draft pick and much lower salary demands.

If TT wants to pick-up a good playmaking veteran WR at the end of his career, then I think Moulds is definitely on the radar.

GO PACK GO!!!

OP
OP
cyoung

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moulds is a far better receiver now than that doper brat Moss.

Yeah I agree (however Moulds age does scare me) I dont want Moss to be on the Packers he is a good team but he's a whine whine crybaby and I dont want that on my favorite team.

Yes, Moulds cannot be compared to Mark Boerigter, Moulds is just a far better receiver no matter the age.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need deep speed.

Amen.

This is why I have no interest in drafting Jarrett. They say he didn't run at the combine because he was having trouble breaking 4.7 in the forty.

You won't get him going across the middle either.

Why would we want a guy that's not physical and can't beat some DL down the field. It makes no sense to me.

I'd give up a second rounder for Moss before taking that guy with our 16th pick ALL DAY LONG.

We need somebody that can STRETCH THE FIELD to make life easier on DD and Jennings. Another pair of old legs would do nothing for us.

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
We need deep speed.

Exactly, we dont need a little guy like Welker who had a decent year. We need a bonafide superstar.

When Champ Bailey is looking at his schedule and sees Wes Welker, he says, "Ok, he's not gonna catch a pass when im singled up on him"

When he sees Moss on his schedule he says, "Ok, make sure i have lots of safety help so im not on 3 highlight reels this week"

haha, i not so sure about that. Bailey has the ability to shut an WR down. Moss in his prime, was an elite WR that would've required a lot of help over the top. The Moss of late, is very good, but no longer that elite WR.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts