1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

why we should support aaron rodgers

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by spiel_mit_feuer, Aug 10, 2008.

1. MassPackersFan

MassPackersFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually the Bears fans have been loving having Favre under center the past few years.

2. 4rules

4rules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  3. PackSmack

PackSmack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with the statement that we should support him because he is our starting qb now. Period.

And I certainly do not accept the lame slams on Brett Favre present on this thread. That needs to stop now. What kind of low-life would stick a knife in Brett Favre's back? There's no place for that. He gave his heart and soul for our Green Bay Packers, leave him alone.

4. Fuzznuts

Fuzznuts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    The kind of low life that considers himself a "classy" Packer fan....or someone named Ted Thompson, maybe.

One thing I do know is that they never would have treated Elway like this in Denver. Real classy Packer fans...real classy.

Rodgers isn't going to last the season because he doesn't know how to read a blitz. He got waffled and hit quite a few times against the Bungles. He will not last the season.

Rodgers is not the answer, and Ted Thompson will be gone in two years, thankfully.

5. MassPackersFan

Ratings:
    +0
    That early sack on Rodgers was Jackson's fault. I guarantee you Rodgers knew it was coming and trusted his teammate to pick up the blitz. If you don't believe me, watch the game film again and check out the look he gives Jackson after he hits the ground.
    And who is ripping on Favre? I'm just saying Bears fans have been slathering for Packers games with Favre in there lately, because he is their nemesis and they've had his number the past few years.

6. MassPackersFan

Ratings:
    +0
    Get over yourself.

7. NodakPaul

NodakPaul Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well it certainly SOUNDS like the fan base is supporting Rodgers...

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archi ... crowd.aspx
    Even if it is only the vocal minority of fans who are acting like this, it will still have an impact.

8. 4rules

4rules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm stunned this is actually going on in Green Bay. It's not Aaron Rodgers fault that Packer management screwed-up. Rodgers is simply trying to do his job. Those of us who don't think he'll do it as well as Brett should just wait and watch. Save your negative comments for the 3 stooges, and show some class towards the players. We're not in Philadelphia here.

9. PackSmack

PackSmack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What a great line, "We're not Philadelphia here." Exactly. We don't cannibalize our own players. And Philly always has and always will. Though I never consciously thought about it before, when just mentioned above, I knew exactly what was meant. Great observation, 4rules. We're not Philly.

10. 4rules

4rules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    PackSmack, thank you; "Brevity is the essence of wit."

11. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I will never understand "fans" who hate any player who replaces their idol. Very juvenile, IMO.

12. Fuzznuts

Fuzznuts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    And I'll never understand so called Packer "fans" who hated Favre when he was here and wanted him to fail. And don't say that there weren't any, because I've met plenty of them. Some right on this board here.

Favre was a Packer, yet some Packer fans didn't support him.

And for the record, I hate Ted Thompson, not Aaron Rodgers, and think he is bad for the Packer organization because of his enormous ego, and will ultimately fail....

• Like Like x 1
  13. ElleBlue

ElleBlue Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed! While I will always be a fan of Favre, Rodgers is our quarterback now. So I'll give him support like I would any other Packer, who takes the place of one of our departed players.

14. ElleBlue

ElleBlue Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed! While I will always be a fan of Favre, Rodgers is our quarterback now. So I'll give him support like I would any other Packer, who takes the place of one of our departed players.

15. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +280
    woops!

16. cheesehurdler

cheesehurdler Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +194
    This guy's the friggin' oracle right here. He's not the kind of person who makes wrong predictions...

17. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    I recall the ego argument...I challenged a few of those to give me proof of his ego, no one could

18. Boy Scout

Boy Scout Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    we should support aaron rodgers,

Because He Won The Super Bowl!
    And the MVP of the Super Bowl, which Favre never did.

19. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Aaron Rodgers has proven he is worthy of supporting. He is our QB, therefore he is Pack, therefore family. I think we are blessed to have him on our team. Notice the silence from his critics all those years ago. Aaron certainly shut them up. Winning the SB in your third year as starter has the tendency to do that! :)