1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Why was Favre already in the tunnell?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Obi1, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    When the final seconds were ticking off?

There was a long shot of #4 disappearing into the dark shadows of the tunnell as the teams were just beginning to meet o0n the field.

Anyone else catch this scene?

What is going on with him? Has he given up? Will he want to be traded?

This is the worst I've seen the Packers play since the 1991 Packers. Can they be THIS bad?

2. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I seen him run into the tunnel also i was wondering what he was doing to.

3. umair

umair Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yea i saw that too.

i think he was just very up set. i could see how he felt, its the first time he was shut out.

us fans where very upset about the game just think about how he felt.

i feel sorry for the guy.

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    i didnt notice it till a bears fan IMed me and told me about it.

thats a shame.

5. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

It is a shame, Trom, we agree.

It's a shame TT is unable to get Brett any real quality players on offense. Oh, thats right he was focusing on Defense......wait.......They gave up 26 points....to the Bears and Rex Grossman!

6. edking

edking Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess you're equating him with Moss eh?

Let the tirades against Favre begin.

7. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    The Packers lost the first game of the season. The end of the world has arrived!!

Get a grip people. You're comments are embarrassing the Packer fans on this board!

They looked like a High School team going against a Super Bowl bound team. Plain and simple. Get over it.

8. umair

umair Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i think he regrets comming back.

he was very upset that he lost.

9. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It was the very first game of the season and we lost big time...we have many more to go and hopefully we can get better.

10. umair

umair Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    that probely what tt is doing too, he probely knows his days are over.

i hope he gets fired.

11. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I understand how he felt. What I've never been able to understand is how ANY pro who has just had his a$$ whipped could shake hands with and hug the guys who showed no mercy while whipping his a$$. These are guys who embarrassed him in front of his friends and family. Why would he be anxious to show what a great LOSER he is. Evidently, Favre wasn't about to show "no hard feelings." There damned sure SHOULD be hard feelings and a deep-seated hunger for revenge. "...I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a guy who lost...and laughed!" (Gen. Patton...a winner.)

12. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    jfc people - maybe he just had to take a pee pee!!??!! :shrug: LOL!!

13. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    He played a pretty darn good game until he went goofy again in the fourth quarter and started throwing the ball up for grabs. I'm telling you now, as much as everyone says he throws interceptions when they're down and he's trying to make something happen, you can't make something happen when you dumb up and throw the ball to the wrong people. That's probably one of the reasons why he split.

No one feels worse for Brett than I do. But these aren't mistakes that happen because he's physically unable to play, they happen because he it appears he gets frustrated and that's when everything breaks down for him. He reminds me of the great trumpet player, Maynard Ferguson, as he got older, he could still play high notes, he just couldn't do it all the time anymore. Brett can still play, he just has to be much more wise than he sometimes is.

14. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    puhleeeeezz, PH!! if he's throwing it up from the beginning of the game, you have a reason to complain. once the game is out of hand, wtf difference does it make if he does it???

15. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I saw him in the tunnel, going away in disgust. Who can blame him? If he wants to be traded, who can blame him?

16. G0dLivesInGreenBay

G0dLivesInGreenBay Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Brett is a warrior. We don't want to lose, and when it happens, you feel disgusted. Football is Brett's life. We pay these guys to win and to put their hearts out there in the field.

I would have felt more digusted if I saw Brett out there cracking jokes with the Bears players after the game. That would show no heart in trying to win. Remember, we are guys and competing and winning are the biggest things for us.

17. Robin Yount

Robin Yount Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This brings up an interesting issue that a newer poster stated above.

In Moss' last game with the Queens, I believe against the Skins, he walked off the field with seconds left . . . as did Favre yesterday.

What does this say about Favre, Moss or in reality the Media.

Shame on the Media for putting light on such a little thing. Players leave early all the time from games. Its the Media that jumps all over it. Now, I am no Moss fan . . . at all . . . but his leaving early should not have been focused on.

I am not a football mind other then from my couch, but if this is a big thing someone please educate me.

18. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I think he hates losing, and hates the Bears. Thus, running off. I don't condone it, as it shows bad sportsmanship. But i understand it.

19. wayneweltzin

wayneweltzin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Farve is always upset when he loses. He puts too much on his shoulders. They did get shut out, but it was the Bear's D, which is probalby going to be tops this year. Anywho, Farve sure needs to get back to having fun, that is when he plays his best. The sign he is walking down the tunnel with is head hanging only shows he is not enjoying the game.

20. greenbegas

greenbegas Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I WILL SAY THIS ONCE AND THAT IS IT.

WHEN THE PACK IS NOT DOWN EARLY YOU WILL SEE A SMART BRETT.

WHEN THEY ARE DOWN BY MORE THAN ONE SCORE IN THE SECOND HALF, BRETT WILL TAKE MANY CHANCES.

IF YOU CANT DEAL WITH IT QUIT WATCHING THE GAMES.

WHEN THE PACK STRIKES FIRST, BRETT'S INTERCEPTION RATE DRAMATICALLY IS LOWER.

AND FOR THE PERSON WHO SAID THAT "YOU THINK HE REGRETS COMING BACK," HOW THE HECK DO YOU KNOW WHAT HE "THINKS?"

21. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Wasn't he on the field for the last play? WTF do you want him to stick around for? The fakeass prayer they have at the 50 yard line?

22. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sure he wanted to stick around for all the media to ask about the "talent" on the team, missing Javon Walker, More INTS, getting sacked 25% of his 2004 total in one game, Is he glad that he came back etc...That was a TEAM loss period. From coaching to defense, to OL, to Special Teams, a TEAM loss, yet Favre will take the blame....again.
    I'm not as pissed as I thought I would be since I've accepted the fact that this Pack team is not that good. Yes I hope we can build off of it, yea I hope the OL will gel, yes I thought the D would be better (if anything pisses me off the most its the D. MM as a safety flat out sucks, Jue was better. Woodson was not that impressive either, and where is the pressure?) but this is just one game, and I hope we can build on it.

23. vikefan

vikefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe the Vikings still had a chance with an on sides kick but Moss was leaving.
    The game was over for Favre, big difference.

24. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    yea vikefan you gotta be lovin' reading these guys rip Favre today. Favre, I believe, actually took the last snap of the game but apparently he did it from the tunnel.

25. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    what do you thnik it means?