1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Why Only 1 Monday Night Football Game?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Pacal, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Pacal

Pacal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +47
    According to the schedule, there's only 2 more primetime games left, one on Monday night.

So: Why only 1 MNF game?

Shouldn't the Super Bowl champs get at least 2?

I miss John Gruden's slobbering of Rodgers, particularly since Grudent flew to the Bay Area to personally work out Rodgers, before he passed him up.

2. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +609
    I know... i'm kinda mad that I am going to the Monday Night game all the way from Charlotte because it would have been on tv anyways so it is technically taking a prime time game off the schedule for me. Im not complaining though.

3. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    Well lets see we had the Season opener, Thanksgiving, New Years, Xmas games. AND only one Monday night game. So Packers have plenty of Primetime games

• Like Like x 7
  4. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    First team in history to play all of those in a season.

• Like Like x 1
  5. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    Wow! who knew... thats pretty cool. I'm pretty happy with this years schedule so far, the timing of the Packer games have been perfect so that they don't interfere with the Chiefs and Rams airing.
    This weekend game is a given its going to be shown since we are playing the Rams...any other game not aired we plan on going to Buffalo Wild Wings,... I'm fearing the epic SD game might not be shown here.. but we'll see!:whistling:

6. Helmets

Helmets Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +222
    I hate Monday night games for personal reasons. I hate the wait through Sunday with no Packers playing, I hate the wait on Monday all day for the game, I hate when I have tickets as I have to take two vacation days in order to see it -one Monday, and then Tuesday to travel back home, and I hate that they start late in the Eastern Time Zone, and I am so wired after the game that I can't sleep the rest of the night. Other than that, they're good...

• Like Like x 1
  7. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    I for myself didn't care for the Hank Williams Jr. intro... over it!

Then again , I don't like Faith Hill's either :tdown: lol.... I don't know who would be a perfect singing talent to do a football intro.

U2??? Are you touring right now?? maybe you could whip something up!

8. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473
    Especially since I just moved to Alabama, and can't afford no stinking Sunday Ticket.

9. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    That whole MNF crew needs to be replaced lol.

We have plenty of primetime games, so one Monday Night game don't make me scratch my head.

10. lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +206
    How about Metallica? Will Farrell? LOL The appropriate intro for ESPN should be done by Ricky Bobby.

11. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,479
    Monday night games arent what they used to be...Sunday nights, are taking over on that I think

• Like Like x 3
  12. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,005
    So five primetime games are not enough for you? You do realize there are 31 other teams, many of which will not get a Monday night game.

13. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,479
    Isnt there a general rule that every team will get at least one prime time game?

I think people associate MNF as the only prime time game....Comes from years and years of MNF as the ONLY prime time game

14. gmann001

gmann001 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    Sunday night games are by far better in the ratings. MNF is just a shadow of what it used to be.

As for the primetime games, for personal reasons I enjoy them since I don't have to worry if the game will be shown. However, McCarthy is always hating them because of how they disrupt the teams schedule and everyone is "off" for one reason or another. Thinking of it in those terms, I think I'd rather have the team in a good rhythm.

15. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,005
    Nope. Buffalo, Carolina, Cinci, and Arizona have no primetime games this year. The Jets have 6, Dallas has 6, Philly 6, Indy 5, Balt 5, NE 4 Giants 4. See a trend? The only team west of the MS river that has more than 3 is San Diego with 4. Although, I expect some of those will change when the flex scheduling comes into play.

16. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    if ESPN was smart they would have worked in the ability to flex out games, especially early season ones that suck.

17. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I'm also against MNF.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still watch. But in here, when daylight savings start, the game usually ends at 2:30 in the morning.

18. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,068
    ah, c'mon - nearly the whole night left and pretty good chance to find some sleep after the game.;)
    Here game starts at 2.30 and ends about 5.30 a.m, my wife says I am crazy.... :rolleyes:
    So that's why I love 1.pm et Sunday games...perfect for us here in Europe :)

19. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Damn, that's all I have to say. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,798
    1st of all I don't like modern country music and the way it sounds like rock/pop.
    Then again, I don't like country music at all.
    Why have an intro at all?
    Why this big frickin deal about football, at night?
    Sometimes football blurs the line between sport and entertainment and I think those stupid intros do that.
    So I'd rather not have a music intro, but if they are going to do that then have a rock star do it.
    Whatever happens, I'm glad the remote has a mute button.

21. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    It's all ESPN's fault.

That being said, it is a trademark, you hear the little music and you automatically think about MNF.

22. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    I remember back in the day when I was a die hard Rams fan before the Evil witch Georgia moved the team and I found the righteous path with the Pack.

The Rams were playing the Bucs in the NFC championship game in 80. I was staying at my sister in law's house in England and I was out in the car at 2am freezing my A** off because I could barely get armed forces radio from Germany to listen to the game. The Irony was I did not get to see the Rams in the Super Bowl because I was catching a HOP from Lakenheath to Dover AFB.

23. cheeseheadfanatic87

cheeseheadfanatic87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    Personally SNF is so much better than MNF in terms of presentation, and while Collinsworth is an idiot at times, so is Gruden and Jaworski but I often find those two 2X the bonehead Collinsworth can be. Plus Al Michaels he's the deal breaker. SNF has taken over I bet more people probably watch SNF than MNF. I watch both but prefer SNF.

24. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Nope. Checking the schedule at NFL.com, neither Cincinnati nor Tennessee are scheduled to have prime time games this year. Of course they could be flexed later in the season, but as of right now they aren't scheduled.

The rule is there is a limit as to how many times one team can be shown in prime time (I think it's 6), but they absolutely do not have to show every single team once in prime time. The networks simply wouldn't go for it as that means someone would have to spend big bucks to show a team no one cares about.

25. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Umm, who cares?

I don't get why have this need to see their team in prime time. If I had my druthers, the only prime time game the Packers would play every season would be the Super Bowl.

• Like Like x 2