Why Only 1 Monday Night Football Game?

OP
OP
Pacal

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So five primetime games are not enough for you? You do realize there are 31 other teams, many of which will not get a Monday night game.

We're only getting 4 primetime games.

One more Sunday night game, one Monday night game.

Yes, there are 31 other teams, but they didn't win the Super Bowl last year.

Eagles, Cowboys, Jets, Jets each get 2 more than primetime guys.

L

Lunchboxer

I dont know about you, but I hate Primetime games. I hate staying up late.

I like the games on at 3:30PM CST Or at Noon.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
We're only getting 4 primetime games.

One more Sunday night game, one Monday night game.

Yes, there are 31 other teams, but they didn't win the Super Bowl last year.

Eagles, Cowboys, Jets, Jets each get 2 more than primetime guys.

4? I got 5..

Saints
Falcons
Vikings
Detroit Thanksgiving
Bears Xmas night

Thats 5

Jets prime time
Dallas 1st Sunday night
Ravens a Sunday night
Dolphins a Monday night
Pats a Sunday night
Broncos a Thursday night

Thats 5

Eagles prime time
Falcons, Sunday night
Dallas a Sunday night
Bears a Monday night
Giants a Sunday night
Seahawks a Thursday night

Thats 5

I think all got 5?

OP
OP
Pacal

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4? I got 5..

Saints
Falcons
Vikings
Detroit Thanksgiving
Bears Xmas night

I guess it depends on what you consider a "primetime" game.

The Thanksgiving game kicks off in the morning, far away from "primetime."

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope. Checking the schedule at NFL.com, neither Cincinnati nor Tennessee are scheduled to have prime time games this year. Of course they could be flexed later in the season, but as of right now they aren't scheduled.

The rule is there is a limit as to how many times one team can be shown in prime time (I think it's 6), but they absolutely do not have to show every single team once in prime time. The networks simply wouldn't go for it as that means someone would have to spend big bucks to show a team no one cares about.

Exactly! It's all about ratings.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Rams were playing the Bucs in the NFC championship game in 80.I was out in the car at 2am freezing my A** off because I could barely get armed forces radio from Germany to listen to the game. The Irony was I did not get to see the Rams in the Super Bowl because I was catching a HOP from Lakenheath to Dover AFB.

You really must have been a die hard fan ;)
AFN, the radio station, is still here in Germany though there are only a few US Army forces left here.
So beside the fact that 2.30 a.m. is still a f***** bad time to watch a football game it's much easier today to watch my beloved Packers via internet stream. :)

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
You really must have been a die hard fan ;)
AFN, the radio station, is still here in Germany though there are only a few US Army forces left here.
So beside the fact that 2.30 a.m. is still a f***** bad time to watch a football game it's much easier today to watch my beloved Packers via internet stream. :)
When I was stationed in England we didn't get AFN because we were in an English speaking country. This was before the internet so the only way you got football news was by going down to the club on base and listing to the piped in Armed Forces Radio or reading about it in the Stars and Stripes.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish we didn't have any Monday night games. 1 is too many. I work Monday nights and have to take a $200 kick in the nads to miss work so I can watch it.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I hate Monday night games for personal reasons. I hate the wait through Sunday with no Packers playing, I hate the wait on Monday all day for the game, I hate when I have tickets as I have to take two vacation days in order to see it -one Monday, and then Tuesday to travel back home, and I hate that they start late in the Eastern Time Zone, and I am so wired after the game that I can't sleep the rest of the night. Other than that, they're good...

All of the above, PLUS... I just cannot stand the announcing teams for ESPN. I know you folks out of the GB TV market want to see the games and all, but... for cryin' out loud, the Packer radio network has implemented that darned 5 second delay... so... I can't turn the ESPN sound off to Larry McCarren....

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
So five primetime games are not enough for you? You do realize there are 31 other teams, many of which will not get a Monday night game.

From my very selfish perspective... the other 31 can have ALL of the MNF games. See? I'm giving and caring.

Boy Scout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I for myself didn't care for the Hank Williams Jr. intro... over it!

Then again , I don't like Faith Hill's either :tdown: lol.... I don't know who would be a perfect singing talent to do a football intro.

U2??? Are you touring right now?? maybe you could whip something up!
It should be what my local newspaper suggested. Barney!

"I love football!

You love football!"

Latest posts