Why is it ?

• Thread starter I asked LT to delete my acct
  • Start date
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

In my ignorance, which I admit to, could Dallas Cowboys afford to pay Andy Dalton a couple of million dollars to sit on the bench for a year ?
Can we not afford it ? or is that just not our way ?
I`m affordable if they want somebody...….honestly !

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Probably has more to do with trying to gain some perceived leverage in getting their yet unsigned QB to the bargaining table than anything else.

I think a bit of that and some cheap insurance for the position as there is nothing behind Dak Prescott. $3M guaranteed plus some incentives that could earn him $7M. Cowboys look like they will still have enough to sign rookies with Dalton's contract. The one team I can't figure out is the KC Chiefs. Spotrac shows $1.5M cap space. I don't see how thay can even think about signing Mahomes to a big contract this year without some serious cuts.

Reaction score
In my ignorance, which I admit to, could Dallas Cowboys afford to pay Andy Dalton a couple of million dollars to sit on the bench for a year ?
Can we not afford it ? or is that just not our way ?
Buggs I wish I could help.. The Dallas move makes more sense.. but Im totally lost at what’s going on at QB at 1275 Lombardi. I’m actually beginning to think.. I’m not as thinK as I drunK I am...
:confused:
That’s coming from a guy who recently debated with several posters about me valuing the importance of having a good #2 QB

Last edited:

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At 3 to 7 million for a QB that has exactly zero playoff wins, would eat our cap space and do nothing for next year.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you missed your boat on that. If Ted were still GM, he might have signed you for backup QB, but since he's gone now, I think you're out of luck.

That aside, I know all the teams have the same salary cap. But it does at least seem like the Cowboys have more money to spend than most. And I wonder why Jerry wants to play hardball with Dak, when he hasn't with others?

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Maybe now that Jerry has the QB Whisperer he thinks Dalton will elevate his game.

Reaction score
I think you missed your boat on that. If Ted were still GM, he might have signed you for backup QB, but since he's gone now, I think you're out of luck.

That aside, I know all the teams have the same salary cap. But it does at least seem like the Cowboys have more money to spend than most. And I wonder why Jerry wants to play hardball with Dak, when he hasn't with others?
I heard Dak had a big party with lots of people at the peak of all this pandemic (this part is true) and Jerry got wind of it earlier and was hinting at being invited.

Dak told him he cancelled it due to the government restrictions (this part was definitely not true!) Then it made the news when a neighbor complained to the police they weren’t social distancing (the neighbors name that called #911 emergency was also Jerry) there were like 50 people there and food and drink left over and that kinda irked Jerry, cause he felt lonely and isolated (not sure but this sounds true?)

Dalton signature dates didn’t match the contract dates and it appeared there was white out used but it definitely was that same day (this part don’t sound real) That’s word on the street, but nobodies really on the street anymore in Dallas. So... I’m not sure how reliable this story could be? :whistling:

Is it OTA’s yet? Yawn

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts