Why I think Da Bears could be a threat.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
I just do not get all of the Lions love. Matt Stafford has been super-fragile, they have one of the worst back 7s in the league and lack a solid RB. Sure, they have a great defensive line and a few nice playmakers on O but the offensive line is still a weakness. I think 9 wins is the ceiling for them and that's if Stafford plays 16 games.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
It is also very frustrating to see so many on here so easily dismiss a team that gave us a hell of a run last year. That defense is elite (at least against us) and Hester has burned us a few times through the years. Yes, the Bears were a little lucky last year but that's the way it goes. We had a couple of nice breaks in the first Vikings game, anyone want to call that lucky?

I wouldn't pick the Bears to win the North but I'd be surprised if we swept them this year.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Martz is the most overrated OC in the NFL. He is still living off his success when he had Faulk, Kurt Warner, Torry Holt and Issaac Bruce, all playing at a HOF level. Not too mention a HOF LT. If he implements his system in Chicago, a system predicated on deep routes with precision timing, with that shabby OL and neurotic QB, this is a recipe for disaster.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Like it's been said, the Bears have yet to address their o-line problems. That is why they still look like crap.

The Giants are so overrated, they won a Super Bowl after Brett blew it for us after putting up one of his best regular season stats. BOTTOM LINE!!!!! Had Assante Samuel not dropped that interception, the Patriots would have won the Super Bowl.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Others already noted it, but I'll chip in; Chicago is always a threat. It doesn't seem to matter how bad they are or how bad the Packers are, it's always a dog fight. They are arch rivals for a reason. It's been this way for a loooonnnngggg time. These two franchises feed off of the rivalry, so the games are almost always anybody's guess.

Has anyone else ever notice how that one high rise in Chicago looks like the tower for the eye of Sauron in the land of Mordor? That's what I call the town; Mordor.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like it's been said, the Bears have yet to address their o-line problems. That is why they still look like crap.

The Giants are so overrated, they won a Super Bowl after Brett blew it for us after putting up one of his best regular season stats. BOTTOM LINE!!!!! Had Assante Samuel not dropped that interception, the Patriots would have won the Super Bowl.
After the Giants beat the Pack, I could tell they wanted it more.
I had a feeling they would beat the undefeated Pats.
Because of that, I was rooting for them.

And then a few years later another team does the same thing.
Going into the playoffs and winning every one on the road while being underdogs. Proving that they have what it takes and showing they want it more while winning the Super Bowl.
Especially while two key players had to leave due to injury.
That team is the Green Bay Packers. Perhaps you've heard of them. :yahoo:

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Others already noted it, but I'll chip in; Chicago is always a threat. It doesn't seem to matter how bad they are or how bad the Packers are, it's always a dog fight. They are arch rivals for a reason. It's been this way for a loooonnnngggg time. These two franchises feed off of the rivalry, so the games are almost always anybody's guess.

Has anyone else ever notice how that one high rise in Chicago looks like the tower for the eye of Sauron in the land of Mordor? That's what I call the town; Mordor.
Exactly.
And Da Bears might want it more.

Do you mean this, the Water Tower?

Historic Water Tower, Michigan Avenue, Chicago Gold Coast

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Got a picture of it? I can give it a swing.

Here is an attachment, I think. I took one myself on the way to Green Bay, but it's on my back-up drive and I won't have access to it until later today.

Attachments

• Mordor.jpg
    Mordor.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 95
OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is an attachment, I think. I took one myself on the way to Green Bay, but it's on my back-up drive and I won't have access to it until later today.
Yeah, that's the Sears Tower.

Another tall one with two points is the John Hancock Building.
However it isn't as tall as Sears (Which for the longest time was the record holder for tallest bldg in the world.) and it's just one big slab.

Side note: I love Chicago! It has a good feel to it for a big city.
And the art museum, which I've been to several times, has one of the BEST art collections in the world and really good temporary exhibits.
Plus the classic Blues Brothers, one of my faves, was filmed there.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the Bears last night. They have no offensive line and Roy Williams is their WR. Not Worried about the Bears.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, that's the Sears Tower.

Another tall one with two points is the John Hancock Building.
However it isn't as tall as Sears (Which for the longest time was the record holder for tallest bldg in the world.) and it's just one big slab.

Side note: I love Chicago! It has a good feel to it for a big city.
And the art museum, which I've been to several times, has one of the BEST art collections in the world and really good temporary exhibits.
Plus the classic Blues Brothers, one of my faves, was filmed there.

It's the Willis Tower now. They renamed it in 2009.

Best thing about Chicago is deep dish pizza.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatcha talkin 'bout Willis?

Really?
Gosh I feel so old school now.
Well, because I am.

Chris Farley died in that tower.

Yeah, some English company bought the naming rights. Real shocking.....a foreign company buying something in the USA and renaming it.

I KNEW someone was going to hit me with that Willis line.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I can't guarantee a great picture but I'll give it a shot tonight. Fading crops into other pics isn't my strength of photoshop but I'll try it out, I need to learn some new things anyway, this would be good practice.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
As for the Bares, they play us tough each and every game just like we play them tough each and every game. That doesn't make them a threat. Can they beat the Pack? Sure. But you have to consider Philly, Atlanta, New Orleans and even New York bigger threats don't you?
I can't envision them sweeping us next season in any event. I think that's the only way they can become a threat. They have one tough schedule this year too. It will take alot of better than average Bares football to get them in the playoffs.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the way I honestly see the season playing out. I am interested in other predictions on a win/loss as well.

Saints - win
At Panthers - win
At Bears - loss
Denver - win
At Atlanta - loss
St. Louis - win
At Minnesota - win
At San Diego - loss
Minnesota - win
Tampa - win but I think this will be tougher than people think
At Detroit - win
At New York Giants - win
Oakland - win
At Kansas City - loss
Chicago - win
Detroit - win

I think we will go 12-4 and be back in the superbowl. Just my opinion and I hope we go 19-0.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I can't guarantee a great picture but I'll give it a shot tonight. Fading crops into other pics isn't my strength of photoshop but I'll try it out, I need to learn some new things anyway, this would be good practice.

Here's the one I took through the window of a vehicle.

Attachments

• Green Bay Trip 126.jpg
    Green Bay Trip 126.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 92

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you compared seasons last year, the Bears had luck on their side quite a few times, resulting in more wins than they should have had, while we were unlucky more than a few times, resulting in more losses than we should have had. I forget who, but one of the stat sites (I want to say Football Outsiders, but I truly don't remember) did an analysis of the two teams and found Green Bay, despite our record, to be the better team overall. They factored in a lot of different variables, luck being chief among them, and found the Packers would have dominated had luck just gone the other way, while the Bears would not.

I agree! The Bears are a team in decline and thier record last year was very lucky. Just like the Packers a few years back. They were a team getting better but games with with losses by 1,2 or 3 points ended in a lousey season. So luck just wasnt on the Packers side.

If the Vikings werent looking so terrible i'd say the Bears would finish last in the division.

The Lions are finally going to get things going this year. I really didnt want the Packers to play them on Thanksgiving.

Members online

Latest posts