Why do the Packers never get the national attention that

BearDroppings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pittsburgh or Dallas does in terms of the spotlight? Everyone talks about how amazing their fanbases are, and they NEVER mention us in that equation ever. I only hope we can win it all this year, and prove everyone wrong.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Because their fans are obnoxious about it and were not. We are quietly Americas team, just look at how many fans of other teams are rooting us on now that their teams are out. If we have to be loud an annoying to be recognized, then I'm fine where we are.

OP
OP
B

BearDroppings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL Network has to talk about how great and huge their fanbases are. Don't the Packers have a world wide following as well!?!?!

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to be a jerk, but is this a joke? The Packers get tons of attention. The media is always all over the Packers, more than I would like them to be. The Packers are very often on national television and I don't think a day has gone by in the past few weeks where a football anyalyst hasn't slobbered over how well Rodgers has played recently.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another one of these threads?

It seems like there are enough of these threads that get attention asking "Why don't the Packers get attention?"

John

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No to be a jerk, but is this a joke? The Packers get tons of attention. The media is always all over the Packers, more than I would like them to be. The Packers are very often on national television and I don't think a day has gone by in the past few weeks where a football anyalyst hasn't slobbered over how well Rodgers has played recently.
I completely agree. I remember in the preseason a few analysts picking us to win it all, both this year and last year. And for essentially the last month or so we've had the label of "the team that, if it could get it in is very dangerous." Now analysts are drooling over Rodgers and the rest of the team, calling us the most dangerous team in the playoffs since the start of the tournament. I think we get pretty fair national coverage. I'd say we get the most coverage nationally in our division.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree the Packers get a TON of attention.

That said, who cares? Let the media fawn over those other guys. I'm happy with where we're at.

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all teams get enough attention. But you have to be a winner. the Packers have actually had a good 20 year run of late and transitioned from their best QB of all time. Start losing and GB will be as noticable as Carolina.

than again, in football terms GB will never be forgotten because there is so much about its early history that a rivalry game like this will bring up. But most will forget who Lynn ****ey was haha

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Who cares. I'd rather have GB win a SB than get a lot of national coverage. And we get a ton now.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Makes me wonder if this Cavanaugh stuff would have even left Wisconsin were we not in the playoffs.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Makes me wonder if this Cavanaugh stuff would have even left Wisconsin were we not in the playoffs.

Nobody would have cared. florio used to to make some bread. I lost all respect for him, even before I found out he was a Viking fan lawyer.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Nobody would have cared. florio used to to make some bread. I lost all respect for him, even before I found out he was a Viking fan lawyer.
Yeah me too. It's one thing to write an article about the instance, it's another to outright dog the player because you don't like him. What a biased, worthless opinion.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I completely agree. I remember in the preseason a few analysts picking us to win it all, both this year and last year. And for essentially the last month or so we've had the label of "the team that, if it could get it in is very dangerous." Now analysts are drooling over Rodgers and the rest of the team, calling us the most dangerous team in the playoffs since the start of the tournament. I think we get pretty fair national coverage. I'd say we get the most coverage nationally in our division.
A few picking the Packers to win it all? You came up with a few? Funny, I came up with 43 out of 50 picking the Packers to be in the Super Bowl. With at least half of them picking the Packers to win it all.

emaugust

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pittsburgh or Dallas does in terms of the spotlight? Everyone talks about how amazing their fanbases are, and they NEVER mention us in that equation ever. I only hope we can win it all this year, and prove everyone wrong.

I think you guys get more press than the Bears do. I mean, at least coming out of the off season, you guys have been pretty hyped the last few years. Anyhow, sadly, just like us in Chicago, you are in the midwest. Non coastal teams will never get love from the coastal mainstream sports press (ESPN).

This is especially infuriating as the Packers and the Bears comprise a huge media market, have the oldest and best traditions in the league and will draw record breaking viewership this weekend.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
I remember I posted a similar thread and I have come to terms that I like seeing the Pack fly under the radar and then swoop up and kill mothafunkers!!! I am all for them staying out of the media...everybody can tap our ball bags with their chins after we win Super Bowl XLV!!!