1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Why do the Packers never get the national attention that

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by BearDroppings, Jan 17, 2011.

1. BearDroppings

BearDroppings Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    Pittsburgh or Dallas does in terms of the spotlight? Everyone talks about how amazing their fanbases are, and they NEVER mention us in that equation ever. I only hope we can win it all this year, and prove everyone wrong.

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I couldnt disagree more. We get tons of national press.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    Because their fans are obnoxious about it and were not. We are quietly Americas team, just look at how many fans of other teams are rooting us on now that their teams are out. If we have to be loud an annoying to be recognized, then I'm fine where we are.

• Like Like x 2
  4. BearDroppings

BearDroppings Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    The NFL Network has to talk about how great and huge their fanbases are. Don't the Packers have a world wide following as well!?!?!

5. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    They sure do!

There's me and Green_Bay_Packers on here from the UK. And there are some other guys on here from Europe too

6. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +437
    Not to be a jerk, but is this a joke? The Packers get tons of attention. The media is always all over the Packers, more than I would like them to be. The Packers are very often on national television and I don't think a day has gone by in the past few weeks where a football anyalyst hasn't slobbered over how well Rodgers has played recently.

7. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,803
    Another one of these threads?

It seems like there are enough of these threads that get attention asking "Why don't the Packers get attention?"

8. John

John Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I completely agree. I remember in the preseason a few analysts picking us to win it all, both this year and last year. And for essentially the last month or so we've had the label of "the team that, if it could get it in is very dangerous." Now analysts are drooling over Rodgers and the rest of the team, calling us the most dangerous team in the playoffs since the start of the tournament. I think we get pretty fair national coverage. I'd say we get the most coverage nationally in our division.

9. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    I agree the Packers get a TON of attention.

That said, who cares? Let the media fawn over those other guys. I'm happy with where we're at.

10. InRodgersWeTrust

InRodgersWeTrust Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Damn straight we have a world wide fan base!

Im from Ireland and know of a few fans over here.

11. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +173
    Less is always good: Less attention, less bandwagon fans.

12. Packfan14

Packfan14 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +24
    and less hype to believe

13. boltzmeanbiznezz

boltzmeanbiznezz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think every teams fans feel like this at some point or other.

14. ram29jackson

ram29jackson Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +51
    all teams get enough attention. But you have to be a winner. the Packers have actually had a good 20 year run of late and transitioned from their best QB of all time. Start losing and GB will be as noticable as Carolina.

than again, in football terms GB will never be forgotten because there is so much about its early history that a rivalry game like this will bring up. But most will forget who Lynn Dickey was haha

15. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Wow we get lots of attention compared to most other teams..

16. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Who cares. I'd rather have GB win a SB than get a lot of national coverage. And we get a ton now.

17. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
  18. Incubes12

Ratings:
    +317
    Makes me wonder if this Cavanaugh stuff would have even left Wisconsin were we not in the playoffs.

19. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Nobody would have cared. florio used to to make some bread. I lost all respect for him, even before I found out he was a Viking fan lawyer.

20. Incubes12

Ratings:
    +317
    Yeah me too. It's one thing to write an article about the instance, it's another to outright dog the player because you don't like him. What a biased, worthless opinion.

21. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,005
    A few picking the Packers to win it all? You came up with a few? Funny, I came up with 43 out of 50 picking the Packers to be in the Super Bowl. With at least half of them picking the Packers to win it all.

22. emaugust

emaugust Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think you guys get more press than the Bears do. I mean, at least coming out of the off season, you guys have been pretty hyped the last few years. Anyhow, sadly, just like us in Chicago, you are in the midwest. Non coastal teams will never get love from the coastal mainstream sports press (ESPN).

This is especially infuriating as the Packers and the Bears comprise a huge media market, have the oldest and best traditions in the league and will draw record breaking viewership this weekend.

23. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    It's going to be kind of hard for them to ignore us once we are in the Superbowl!!! ;)

24. BearDroppings

BearDroppings Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    Personally I am worried if we play Pittsburgh.....They thrive on fourth quarter comebacks...

25. The Drew

The Drew #packergang

Ratings:
    +490
    I remember I posted a similar thread and I have come to terms that I like seeing the Pack fly under the radar and then swoop up and kill mothafunkers!!! I am all for them staying out of the media...everybody can tap our ball bags with their chins after we win Super Bowl XLV!!!