1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Why didn't we trade for Marshawn Lynch again?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Rodgers2Finley4TDs, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,862
    That wasn't a joe arrigo rumor was it? I can't see TT offering up Hawk. I think TT still thinks pretty highly of him.

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,099
  3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,979

Hell no

It was on jsonline blog

I posted a link to it NUMEROUS times

twice just in the last 2 days

4. Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Rodgers2Finley4TDs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    lol what a bunch of babies in the beginning of this thread. "We got a game coming up, stop worrying about trades we shoulda made" Oh Yeah, Your right! let me go study the play book real quick!........ The F*** outta here.

I'm really surprised you guys are still hating on Lynch this guy was a 1st round pick and is an awesome back. I live in Buffalo and I've seen almost all his games. He is better than any back we have. Hell he might be better than Grant. He hasn't been great the last 2 seasons I'll give you that. He's gone through a lot though. He was suspended, traded, all while being on 2 awful teams and that isn't even mentioning the injuries hes played through. Lynch for a 3rd or 4th rounder is a STEAL. I was clambering for Ted to sign Brian Westbrook in the off season and then to trade for Lynch pre-deadline. Both were mistakes by Ted. idgaf what stats you can pull up. But in the end Ted is an awesome GM and he has done SO MUCH for this team while limiting himself by not signing any Free agents other than Woodson. I'm just saying I really wanted us to get a running back I would be confident in. Lynch would have done that and for a cheap price.

But yeah I am SO PUMPED WE BEAT PHILLY!!! BRING IT ON ATLANTA!!!!!

5. gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89 Bleeding Green and Gold

Ratings:
    +192
    HAVE YOU NOT NOTICED!!!! Ted was gonna give a 4th and Aj hawk but buffalo said NO!!! Damn you lynch lovers it's pathetic

6. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Thank GOD you don't make the decisions for this team. I'm sorry, but giving up two draft picks is not a cheap price. If he was so awesome, why did he fall to 3rd on the f*cking Bills depth chart, genius?

And both were mistakes by Ted? Really? James Starks puts up 123 yards yesterday, but not overhauling our entire RB corps. by bringing in Westbrook and trading for Lynch was a mistake? Spoken like an anti-TT, pro Favre homer. Seriously, GTFO of here with that nonsense. If Lynch was that good, why didn't he help Seattle to a WINNING record? Oh yeah, because he's not. One run does not a season make.

And I don't care if he's a former first round draft pick. A guy being drafted in the first round means jack **** if we can't use him. The FACT is, when comparing two equally porous offensive lines, Lynch had less production than Jackson THIS season.

BTW, Jackson had 115 yards against the Redskins and 90 something yards against the Patriots and both of those are games we lost. To say our lack of being able to run the ball effectively cost us games is nonsense.

7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,099
    I love when people refuse to admit they are wrong on something so obvious.

Losing Hawk would have killed us this season. Lynch would brought nothing to the table.

8. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    To hell with Lynch!!! Starks baby! Say his name, Starks!

9. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Don't be all trying to bring logic and **** to the discussion now! Knee-Jerk, irrational thoughts only, come on now! :)

10. billysofly

billysofly Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    the pack didn't like his attitude and his work ethnics

11. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,979

Well looks like your the cry baby? I was trying to stop the stupid *** arguments with something that didnt happen and have people look forward to the game

Pardon me :)

But lets play this game?

What if we got Sanders

OMG

Who was so stupid not to trade up for him? Wow we would have won 5 SB with him and Bret

12. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,099
    Can I play?

How do we know we would have got sexter? we could have been the Lions of the 90s

13. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,979

ESPN.com: Seattle Seahawks Message Board

Looks like SOME Seattle fans didnt think Lynch was good either?

14. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    You know, I've been quiet since I came here. I just suggested from time to time that James Starks could be the answer. I didn't want to rock the boat and get all loud.
    Will people please listen now? Lynch wasn't the answer and kudos to the front office they didn't throw away the franchise's future for him.
    He's not Adrian Peterson ,he's not Michael Turner, he's Marshawn Lynch. I think what gets lost in alot of conversations is the stats. One good run a game makes you a superstar right? Lynch doesn't have that ability. He's not gonna give you the one or two good runs each game. He's pedestrian.
    Mark my words, barring injury, James Starks is going to be every bit as good as Ryan Grant, perhaps better. And he will for certain be better than giving a 3rd round pick and a LB. The future starts now, we didn't give up the draft picks and going on what we've done in the draft I'm delighted they passed on it.
    Go Starks, go Pack.

15. Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Ratings:
    +16
    lol @ people suggesting we had to make a Herschel Walker type deal to get Lynch. A 2nd rounder at most would have got it done.

16. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    And in hindsight that would have been too much.
    Are you serious?

17. Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Ratings:
    +16
    You guys are overvaluing the draft more than TT. Just wait till the draft when we take a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round. The guy we draft isn't gonna be as good as lynch.

18. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    I'm with Sparta on this one. I think your logic is whack.

19. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,099
    anyone want to guess the stats line on lynch this weekend?

20. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    You are right

21. Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Ratings:
    +16
    my logic isn't wack at all. Lynch is a beast and whoever we take with that pick isn't gonna be as good as he is. Dude can make something out of nothing. Only guy on our team that can do anything close to that is Driver.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDVcyD0SwEg&feature=related]YouTube - Marshawn Lynch Beast Mode Highlight 2[/ame]

22. erik_m_vos

erik_m_vos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    8 broken tackles? didn't bjack do that? oh wait, he hasn't had that many for the entire season

23. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,099
    all that talent you speak of lead to pretty much the same stats as Jackson.

24. Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Ratings:
    +16
    I know you saw what I said about TT in my other post idiot. Quit acting like I said anything like this, "Obviously, you feel you know how to GM better than Ted Thompson. Do you still not have faith in him?"
    I just don't like the way he handled the RB situation with 2 talented guys (Westbrook and Lynch) being dangled out there for cheap. RB is not one of our strongest positions at all unless Starks keeps doing big things.

25. Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Ratings:
    +16
    Lynch has had 2 1300 total yard season on the Buffalo freaking Bills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.