1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Why can't the NFL figure this out?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by missinghoagies, Jan 22, 2011.

1. missinghoagies

missinghoagies Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +14
    To split the Championship games and make it Championship Weekend Saturday and Sunday and put both games in close to prime time say 6:30 EST.

The NFL is so huge now that fans want to watch the pre game, the game and all the post game. I imagine they do not want to create stand alone games in respect for the Super Bowl. However, if the NFL played one game on Saturday and the other on Sunday it would also eliminate the one team having a short week as NFL could just rotate the conferences to play their entire post season on Saturday or Sunday. This year it would be the NFCs turn to play on Saturday, so both wild card teams would play on 5 days rest, then both would have a full 6 days before playing again against the #1 & 2 seeds the following Saturday and then finally both teams would have the same rest period for the championship game to be played the following Saturday.

To me this makes 100% sense, its the middle of the winter, the season is winding down, I think ratings would be even better.

Thoughts?

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    one word

HYPE

3. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +416
    Boooooo! On this plan. I work on Saturdays, and it works better with the Divisional. I like how they are doing both on one day. I know the times are kind of unfair but that worked out better for us, Bears do good at night games.

4. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +838
    It would take away viewers from the East/West Shrine game.

5. navyeagles

navyeagles Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i think one on saturday and sunday would be better

6. JCpackers04

JCpackers04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17

thats opposite. Cutler tends to perform worse when he plays in night games.

7. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +416
    They won last years night game versus the Vikings, won this years night game versus the Packers, won the Dolphins, and the Vikings again this year. Only lost to the Giants who slaughtered teh Bears like they did to the Dolphins.

8. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    This week gave the Packers one more day than da Bears to prepare/rest.
    So I'm cool with that.

9. cupacker

cupacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    if im following you right, if they did this, one team would have a 1 day advantage for the Super Bowl. Yes, they get 2 weeks to prepare, but everyday counts. I don't know that that would be very fair...

10. Claymaker

Claymaker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +65
    I'd be fine with that. heck, I wish they had Super Bowl on a Saturday night.

11. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    Alot of people work on a Saturday. I don't know of many who work on Sunday. I'm fine with it as it is. I'd hate to sit around for 24 hours and see who's playing the other side of the ticket for the SB.
    You can always record the pregame and so on. That's what I do.
    It's also pretty good material to go over after your team wins.

12. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +280
    I've heard this before on Radio networks that prime time viewing is at its greatest on Sundays...most families stay home...and TV viewer numbers are greater then on Saturdays, so basically it's for the commercials