Why can't the NFL figure this out?

missinghoagies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To split the Championship games and make it Championship Weekend Saturday and Sunday and put both games in close to prime time say 6:30 EST.

The NFL is so huge now that fans want to watch the pre game, the game and all the post game. I imagine they do not want to create stand alone games in respect for the Super Bowl. However, if the NFL played one game on Saturday and the other on Sunday it would also eliminate the one team having a short week as NFL could just rotate the conferences to play their entire post season on Saturday or Sunday. This year it would be the NFCs turn to play on Saturday, so both wild card teams would play on 5 days rest, then both would have a full 6 days before playing again against the #1 & 2 seeds the following Saturday and then finally both teams would have the same rest period for the championship game to be played the following Saturday.

To me this makes 100% sense, its the middle of the winter, the season is winding down, I think ratings would be even better.

Thoughts?

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Boooooo! On this plan. I work on Saturdays, and it works better with the Divisional. I like how they are doing both on one day. I know the times are kind of unfair but that worked out better for us, Bears do good at night games.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boooooo! On this plan. I work on Saturdays, and it works better with the Divisional. I like how they are doing both on one day. I know the times are kind of unfair but that worked out better for us, Bears do good at night games.

thats opposite. Cutler tends to perform worse when he plays in night games.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
They won last years night game versus the Vikings, won this years night game versus the Packers, won the Dolphins, and the Vikings again this year. Only lost to the Giants who slaughtered teh Bears like they did to the Dolphins.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This week gave the Packers one more day than da Bears to prepare/rest.
So I'm cool with that.

cupacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if im following you right, if they did this, one team would have a 1 day advantage for the Super Bowl. Yes, they get 2 weeks to prepare, but everyday counts. I don't know that that would be very fair...

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be fine with that. heck, I wish they had Super Bowl on a Saturday night.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Alot of people work on a Saturday. I don't know of many who work on Sunday. I'm fine with it as it is. I'd hate to sit around for 24 hours and see who's playing the other side of the ticket for the SB.
You can always record the pregame and so on. That's what I do.
It's also pretty good material to go over after your team wins.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To split the Championship games and make it Championship Weekend Saturday and Sunday and put both games in close to prime time say 6:30 EST.

The NFL is so huge now that fans want to watch the pre game, the game and all the post game. I imagine they do not want to create stand alone games in respect for the Super Bowl. However, if the NFL played one game on Saturday and the other on Sunday it would also eliminate the one team having a short week as NFL could just rotate the conferences to play their entire post season on Saturday or Sunday. This year it would be the NFCs turn to play on Saturday, so both wild card teams would play on 5 days rest, then both would have a full 6 days before playing again against the #1 & 2 seeds the following Saturday and then finally both teams would have the same rest period for the championship game to be played the following Saturday.

To me this makes 100% sense, its the middle of the winter, the season is winding down, I think ratings would be even better.

Thoughts?

I've heard this before on Radio networks that prime time viewing is at its greatest on Sundays...most families stay home...and TV viewer numbers are greater then on Saturdays, so basically it's for the commercials

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts