Who's the most the blame for our failings?

Who's the most to blame?

• Dom Capers (due to broken defensive plan)

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Mike McCarthy (due to inefficient offensive plan)

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Ted Thompson (for his ineffective upgradation of players)

Votes: 19 79.2%

• Total voters

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Everything changed after the 2014 NFC Championship game. That's when Ted went off his rocker, and that's when McCarthy sort of lost some of his fizzle in the locker room.

All of the other stuff trickled down from that.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
The list should have included Mark Murphy. In my opinion, he fell asleep at the wheel instead of keeping his primary focus on the GM, coaches, and team. I guess sledding hills and the Titletown district was more important than fielding the best team possible. Murphy should not be making day to day football decisions but he should have been monitoring those people making the decisions. Effective leadership needs to be engaged with the core of the business which for the Packers is winning football games. Everything else is secondary.

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

As far as I know Murphy is still in charge of football decisions as well.
I think it is clear Murphy is still involved in football operations decisions. It didn't end with his being the clear point man in back-benching Thompson, negotiating Rodgers contract, in the firing of McCarthy, and in the head coach search. LaFleur is reporting to Murphy which says something. Did Murphy sign off on the "win now" blueprint with these backloaded FA contracts? Probably. He at least had to approve a budget that included $48 mil in cash money for signing bonues.

How far down the decision tree that goes is questionable. I doubt it goes much deeper than the above. I doubt he was poring over FA tape or is now poring over draft prospect tape. Is he just triangulating differences of opinion between Gutekunst and LaFleur? Probably. Or will he be sitting at Gutekunst's elbow in the draft room, bending his ear as the #12 pick approaches? Doubtful.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

Everything changed after the 2014 NFC Championship game. That's when Ted went off his rocker, and that's when McCarthy sort of lost some of his fizzle in the locker room.

I think there's some truth to that.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
TT as he wiffed on far too many drafts picks and that put Pack in a deep deep hole of devoid of talent in key positions.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have said many times that it is an organizational failure from the president of the company to the last man to make the roster.

Football more than any other sport is a team game. No single player can massively affect the outcome of the game as compared to the NBA, MLB and NHL which is why I love the NFL so much and despise any NFL player who talks about how great he is because you ain’t :poop: without your teammates.

Trouble

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is not the elite QB people try to make him be. His whole career huge amount of 3 and outs, and waiting so long to throw pass his wr route was over causing Rodgers to throw ball out of bounds. No offense should have every play snapped with few seconds left. Till Rodgers decides to do routine plays, make the timing pass, help the running back by not making it obvious the ball is handed off I don’t think Rodgers see anything close to super bowl. Rodgers can make the big play, but when that isn’t happening pathetic offense.
Capers defense won the super bowl. Yet he was first to go.

Reaction score
Dom never ranked inside the top #13 Defenses his last 8 years. But worst of all, he repeatedly used a 3 man rush in passing situations. We consistent played zone and lined up 8 yards off receivers when they needed 8 yards. Dementia?

That’s stupider than hiring Kramer and Newman to head the bomb squad.

D

Deleted member 6794

TT as he wiffed on far too many drafts picks and that put Pack in a deep deep hole of devoid of talent in key positions.

That's definitely true for Thompson's last few years as the team's general manager.

Rodgers is not the elite QB people try to make him be. His whole career huge amount of 3 and outs, and waiting so long to throw pass his wr route was over causing Rodgers to throw ball out of bounds. No offense should have every play snapped with few seconds left. Till Rodgers decides to do routine plays, make the timing pass, help the running back by not making it obvious the ball is handed off I don’t think Rodgers see anything close to super bowl. Rodgers can make the big play, but when that isn’t happening pathetic offense.

Will you show up every once in a while and post that BS??? Just asking so I can put you on ignore.

Dom never ranked inside the top #13 Defenses his last 8 years. But worst of all, he repeatedly used a 3 man rush in passing situations.

For the record, the Packers ranked 11th (2012) and 12th ('15) in points allowed.

More importantly, there's a way to successfully defend the pass while rushing only three as well.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score

Rodgers ran McCarthy's offense that was dependent upon receivers winning their match ups. Also, to be good at something it needs to practiced and guess who ran the practice? I'm not saying Rodgers is not without fault but he has been running the same offense since he entered the NFL and it belongs to McCarthy.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I hope your not disappointment.
I wouldn't expect any miracles next season either.
Who said anything about miracles? I simply said I don’t care about figuring out who to blame for the past. All those guys are gone anyway... and this is a game I watch for entertainment... not my life.

morango

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Totally agree on this. Ted and MM were really good for quite a while. Until they weren’t.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts