1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Who would you root for if the Packers didn't exist?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by GWheels, May 25, 2011.

1. Darth Garfunkel

Darth Garfunkel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +495
    I'd probably be a lions fan as lame as that sounds. When I first really got into football Barry Sanders was in his prime and I always loved watching him play.

Maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment.

2. VBJunkie

VBJunkie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Ditto on the Steelers... been a Steelers fan from their run in the mid-late 70's. They are my 'AFC' team.

3. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +827
    Ok, for me since I am a Viking's fan. If they did not exist*, Packers. Hands down.

*Also holds true if they end up in LA.

4. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +827
    Slightly worse then the Packers of the 50's. Wonder if they can turn it around like the Packers of the 60's. That's a scary thought.

5. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +465
    Reminds me of that old joke about Grandmother kissing you and slipping you the tongue. When you protest she says, "What do you want? Good Gramma or good taste?"

6. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +584
    NY Giants.

7. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    Baltimore Ravens

8. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +827
    My list goes like this.

Vikings
    Packers
    Other teams other than Cowboys
    Give up watching the NFL before being a Cowboys fan

9. Guacamole

Guacamole Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +93
    Wow.....look at all the closet Bear and Viking fans,,,,,,shame on you!!!

10. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +164
    If the Packers didn't exist, NFL football would be very boring. I would probably be a baseball fan. LOL

11. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    As the Packers appear to be God's team, I would think that if the Packers didn't exist, then the league wouldn't exist either. I think God just created the rest of the league to give the Packers somebody to play with. LOL.

If the Packers didn't exist, I'd probably still be an Eagles fan having never found a better team nor a reason for leaving the Eagles in the first place. Reggie White probably would of retired in Eagles green sans Superbowl win.

This thread has me wondering and thinking deeper into this. It's kind of like A Wonderful Life but with the Packers. Think of how all of our lives would be so different if it weren't for them. For one thing, this very forum wouldn't exist and we probably all wouldn't of gotten the chance to get to know one another. The town of Green Bay would not be as it is. It's actually quite startling to think how many lives would be affected and in how many different ways. It makes me thankful for this team (they do exist!) and glad I became a fan of them!!! Go Pack Go!

12. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +606
    I would have nothing to live for if there was no such thing as the Packers. Therefore, I would rather be dead before dreaming of a life without the Packers.

13. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,058
    The 49'ers have always been my second favorite team...wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down here by comparison, but still.

Wayyyyyy back in the early 70's the 9'ers had John Brodie winging the ball to Gene Washington (now the NFL League bigshot), not the Vikings' Gene Washington... man, I loved watching those guys play...but really, it was their helmets and colors. ;o) It was really nice in the 80's because the Pack sucked so bad that at least I had a team to root for after the regular season was over.

14. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +827
    That would be a boring life. Watching baseball.

15. SoCalPacker

SoCalPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +82
    I'd probably be a Ravens or Jets fan

16. cheesehurdler

cheesehurdler Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +194
    Oh, God no. Life without the Packers?

If there weren't the Packers, I wouldn't be a fan of football. The Packers carry a sense of tradition and respect that very few teams, if any, have. There isn't a team on Earth like the Packers. After all, what other team in any sport has you being proud of owning a part of it? And think about it. There wouldn't be Curly Lambeau and his "secret weapon", the forward pass. There wouldn't be Don Hutson turning WRs into a legitimate offensive threat. There wouldn't be Lombardi, or Starr, or Hornung, or Davis, or Nitschke or... God, just the thought of it makes me depressed.

Although, if I were forced to choose, it'd be the Pittsburgh Steelers. They're the team I know is closest to the Packers. Ownership (the team is owned by a family instead of one person), history (6 Super Bowls, Chuck Noll, the "Steel Curtain"), winning tradition, blue-collar style of football, and a near-identical color scheme (black and gold, as opposed to green and gold).

17. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Greatest of All-Time

Ratings:
    +161
    Giants I would guess because they are my fathers team and I like seeing them do well.

18. dansz15

dansz15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    I wouldn't watch football.

Just kidding. Chargers. Gotta love the powder blue.

19. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    I wonder how much I'd be watching football at all. Dad didn't give a hoot about the game, it was only because the Packers were world champs and from Wisconsin that I got interested. Interestingly enough, I didn't know the Lions were rivals and I like their helmets and I had a "Duke" from a Lions game that they were my second favorite as a kid.
    I'm also a closet Chargers fan, the days of "Air Coryell" I was living 50 miles or so north of San Diego, so probably the bolts.

20. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Broncos (family connections)

21. mcoomer146

mcoomer146 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    Not the Bears