Who is willing to bet??

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I would like to see Jones utilized heavily.

Also, figure out a way to get Tonyan and Deguara some looks in the middle of the field.

If Christian Watson can stay on the field, he can be utilized as a deep threat to open up the underneath stuff, as well as be a factor in the backfield motioning around.

I'm with you on 87. He needs more burn. Let him play early and often and just see what happens.

Right now, Sammy Watkins is a net negative.
With you on Jones

He needs 5 catches a game

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just an opinion here, but I think we need to find a way to stretch the field. We need to throw the ball deep, often enough, that defenses quit playing the Packers as if they were a **** and dunk team. Throwing the ball underneath isn't getting us in the end zone often enough, are quick enough, to challenge the opposition.

Another problem is routes. I don't think the execution is there.

Reaction score
Just an opinion here, but I think we need to find a way to stretch the field. We need to throw the ball deep, often enough, that defenses quit playing the Packers as if they were a **** and dunk team. Throwing the ball underneath isn't getting us in the end zone often enough, are quick enough, to challenge the opposition.

I think Watson needs to be tested on a few Go routes and just make it a foot race on several of those. Depending on the wind factor etc.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With you on Jones

He needs 5 catches a game
The Cowboys will be keying on Jones both in the running and passing game. Almost like spring on a Michael Vick. But with no real threat from our wide receivers they can play base. Can our TEs get free? How much?

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I assumed. You should clarify.. I’ll bet a $1000 they do not make the playoffs and I got Venmo If anyone is foolish to take that bet I’ll even pay one of the mods to hold the money before hand if there are any takers

Going out on a limb there.

What's next, betting the sun will rise in the east?

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

MLF offense and wrs not knowing it is the central problem i think. Remember when all this trouble began. That is correct, the English. They cursed the crown jewel of the NFL. lol

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Going out on a limb there.

What's next, betting the sun will rise in the east?
That would be a sucker's bet - you'd win on semantics and I'd be proud of you. Brutal...just brutal. This is as tricky as LT looking for some misguided soul to bet him a burger and bowl and chili on something like the Packers making the playoffs. :roflmao: You guys are ruthless...and I'm proud to know you. ;)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I can use a couple drops of gas in my Snowblower for this winter
I recommend Ethanol free gasoline. Only the best for my Ariens -- but then, you need to step up that buck bet... maybe a quick wash and wax on it before it snows.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
That would be a sucker's bet - you'd win on semantics and I'd be proud of you. Brutal...just brutal. This is as tricky as LT looking for some misguided soul to bet him a burger and bowl and chili on something like the Packers making the playoffs. :roflmao: You guys are ruthless...and I'm proud to know you. ;)
A burger? No..a steak

D

Deleted member 6794

Better hope the giants Seattle niners all start losing a bunch of games Green Bay wins out they should get in they can lose one more only to have hope.

The Seahawks can win out for all I care as the Packers would benefit from the teams which end up winning their divisions beating the ones competing for a wild card spot.

I'm with you on 87. He needs more burn. Let him play early and often and just see what happens.

Doubs is out for today's game and will most likely miss some weeks.

wasn't Jones hurt too though? I haven't really paid much attention to injury reports this week

Jones doesn't have an injury designation for today's game, so he should be good to go.

Just an opinion here, but I think we need to find a way to stretch the field. We need to throw the ball deep, often enough, that defenses quit playing the Packers as if they were a **** and dunk team.

The Packers need to complete some deep throws. Otherwise there's no point of trying in the first place.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watson has "arrived." They finally used him as a deep threat. When Doubs gets back, they're going to have a respectable crew of receivers. Next year, with the experience, we should have a solid receiving corp.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watson has "arrived." They finally used him as a deep threat. When Doubs gets back, they're going to have a respectable crew of receivers. Next year, with the experience, we should have a solid receiving corp.
You can see that Doubs and Watson both have speed and can develop with a QB that can execute the offense. Can they stay reasonably healthy for a while? The biggest disappointment was Amari Rodgers. I cannot think of a single positive play he has made that stands out since he has been here.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the only reason he's still there is because of his contract. It's low enough that they keep hoping they can harness his speed. The problem is, he's pressing so hard that he's an accident waiting to happen. I think he may be gone before next year.

Contract Terms: 4 yr(s) / $4,899,895Signing Bonus $923,560Average Salary$1,224,974 GTD at Sign:$923,560 Total GTD:$923,560Free Agent:2025 / UFA

Bonus BreakdownCap DetailsCash Details
Year AgeBase SalarySigningCap HitDead CapYearly Cash
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
22$660,000$230,890$890,890 $923,560$1,583,560($1,583,560)
23$882,723$230,890$1,113,613 $692,670$882,723($2,466,283)
24$1,105,445$230,890$1,336,335 $461,780$1,105,445($3,571,728)
25$1,328,168$230,890$1,559,058 $230,890$1,328,168($4,899,896)
26UFA

D

Deleted member 6794

I think the only reason he's still there is because of his contract. It's low enough that they keep hoping they can harness his speed. The problem is, he's pressing so hard that he's an accident waiting to happen. I think he may be gone before next year.

I think Amari being the host of Clubhouse Live is the only reason he's still on the roster :D

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll go on record and predict the Packers go on a run & make the playoffs. Calling my shot, now, after being VERY down a few weeks ago.
we can bet whatever you want future packer tickets money food beer shame video anything lol

Members online

Latest posts