Who is our biggest rival outside of the division?

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
currently? I don't even think this is a question. Although a year or two ago I probably would have said San Fran.

All time, probably Dallas.

H

HardRightEdge

Seattle, unquestionably.

Over the years there have been teams the Packers couldn't get past over multiple season...Dallas, the Giants, San Francisco. Now, it's the Seahawks. Until the Hawks go through an aging or injury cycle, they're the team the Packers need to get past.

Atlanta would have to view the Packers in the same way.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle, unquestionably.

Over the years there have been teams the Packers couldn't get past over multiple season...Dallas, the Giants, San Francisco. Now, it's the Seahawks. Until the Hawks go through an aging or injury cycle, they're the team the Packers need to get past.

Atlanta would have to view the Packers in the same way.

Don't forget the "actually have to pay people" cycle!

H

HardRightEdge

Don't forget the "actually have to pay people" cycle!
I agree, but some teams have a knack for making that a secondary issue, such a New England...they have a history of renting some players, getting to a Super Bowl (with the occasional win), letting them go, and then renting another crop...while staying constantly in contention. One thing they can't get around...Brady will retire in the not too distant future. The aging of franchise players bites everybody sooner or later.

Seattle has done a pretty good job over the last couple of years of swapping some vet FAs in and out without missing a beat. Most of their core players are reasonably young, and so far Seattle has shown a knack for keeping the ones that really matter and letting go of the ones that evidently didn't. Their key vulnerability is Lynch hitting the wall...besides simply being a great, durable player, he brings a set of skills that fits what they want to do on offense like a glove. Being the straw that stirs that drink, failing to find a suitable Lynch replacement when needed could put a hitch in their get-along.

Members online

Latest posts