1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Who is Corey White?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by vike4life, Aug 25, 2007.

1. vike4life

vike4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He looks pretty good. Where did he play college ball? Do you think he has a chance to make the team?

2. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He looked the best out of all our running backs, sure hope they keep him as well...

3. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    UAB, he played fullback and I believe was like 4th in career yards there.

My guess, if he makes the squad... it will be practice squad... Thursday was the first time I think he ran with his head on a swivel... in previous preseason games.. it was straight ahead running into the pile.

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thats what I said. He's a big boy who fights for that extra yard, and if you fight him for it, hes gonna make you pay for it more than you'll make him.

a good change of pace back compared to the smaller shiftier BJack.

5. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Practice squad or cut. He is not the best running back on this team. He's fairly slow and probably would work at FB. He's a tweener like that. He's also not averaging that many yard per carry.

6. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I didn't see anyone say he was the best Rb on the team (but then again, i dont read anyones posts but my own)

but...he can get those short yardage gains that BJack tends to struggle with(except the goal line ones...hes good at those).

I say keep him on as the 3rd RB and backup FB

7. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you cut him in favor of Noah Herron, Vernand Morency, Korey Hall, Brandon Miree, and Brandon Jackson?

That's 3 RB's and 2 FB's right there.

8. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I think him and noah need to face off in this last preseason game.

I like Noah, hes a good screen man and ok 3rd stringer, but...something about corey white makes my boxer shorts tingle...

so my answer is noah.

9. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Corey White did finally look good the other night, but I don't see him beating anybody out for a roster spot. Noah Herron is one of those reliable third down backs, very much like Tony Fisher, who really come in handy. Also, I don't think White's straight-ahead running style fits the zone blocking scheme very well. It's more of a Najeh Davenport style of running. He doesn't have that one quick step that's so important in this scheme.

10. Aytumious

Aytumious Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    All his yards against the Jags came from our O-line completely dominating the guys they had in there. Favre would have averaged 4+ YPC at HB during that time.

11. yourout

yourout Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Need to see more before giving White a thumbs up or a thumbs down.

At this time Jackson doe not exactly impress me as the next Emmitt Smith.
    He seems to be a serviceable inside runner but nothing special.

12. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Corey white was playing againist atleast the 3rd string guys and he had holes to run throw like no other. He looks slow and not that good i dont want him.

13. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Corey White is listed as a fullback at 6'1' - 239 lbs, 21 year old rookie '07 Free agent. from UAB. He ,again is a fullback and has been working out as a Running Back because of all injuries to the Packer runnng backs Wynn, Morency and Pope. White has doing all right at running back during the preseason considering he is a rookie and not playing in his regular position.

RB P J Pope has been cut and received an injury settlement from the Packers.

14. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    White vs Herron, I'd have to ask how good is White's blocking? Herron's good at picking up the blitz, which is a HUGE deal to me.

Also, Herron had one chance to prove himself in a game and he came through beautifully:
    | 5 stl | 20 106 | 20 | 1 |

Also look at week 9 vs Buffalo. Note his receiving yards. I like that as well.
    | 9 buf | 5 25 | 57 | 0 |

I think Herron's underrated. I definitely think he should be on the team as our third round back. Now, I'm not anti-White, I'm just saying I'm ignorant about him. I know nothing about him. But I'd like to see Herron in the green and gold this year.

15. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    with no one standing out, why not keep 4 RBs.

Denver always used to have 4 RB options with at least 1 FB. and they use the same system, and never had a standout or big name (until they made their name at Denver.)

and denver is always one of the best running teams around... im just saying, you could find a worse team to model your running game after

16. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think a practice squad spot will be up for White or Wynn. Depends which one they rather have around. I'm guessing White.