Who is Corey White?

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He looks pretty good. Where did he play college ball? Do you think he has a chance to make the team?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
He looks pretty good. Where did he play college ball? Do you think he has a chance to make the team?

UAB, he played fullback and I believe was like 4th in career yards there.

My guess, if he makes the squad... it will be practice squad... Thursday was the first time I think he ran with his head on a swivel... in previous preseason games.. it was straight ahead running into the pile.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thats what I said. He's a big boy who fights for that extra yard, and if you fight him for it, hes gonna make you pay for it more than you'll make him.

a good change of pace back compared to the smaller shiftier BJack.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Practice squad or cut. He is not the best running back on this team. He's fairly slow and probably would work at FB. He's a tweener like that. He's also not averaging that many yard per carry.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Practice squad or cut. He is not the best running back on this team. He's fairly slow and probably would work at FB. He's a tweener like that. He's also not averaging that many yard per carry.

I didn't see anyone say he was the best Rb on the team (but then again, i dont read anyones posts but my own)

but...he can get those short yardage gains that BJack tends to struggle with(except the goal line ones...hes good at those).

I say keep him on as the 3rd RB and backup FB

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

I didn't see anyone say he was the best Rb on the team (but then again, i dont read anyones posts but my own)

but...he can get those short yardage gains that BJack tends to struggle with(except the goal line ones...hes good at those).

I say keep him on as the 3rd RB and backup FB

Do you cut him in favor of Noah Herron, Vernand Morency, Korey Hall, Brandon Miree, and Brandon Jackson?

That's 3 RB's and 2 FB's right there.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think him and noah need to face off in this last preseason game.

I like Noah, hes a good screen man and ok 3rd stringer, but...something about corey white makes my boxer shorts tingle...

so my answer is noah.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Corey White did finally look good the other night, but I don't see him beating anybody out for a roster spot. Noah Herron is one of those reliable third down backs, very much like Tony Fisher, who really come in handy. Also, I don't think White's straight-ahead running style fits the zone blocking scheme very well. It's more of a Najeh Davenport style of running. He doesn't have that one quick step that's so important in this scheme.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All his yards against the Jags came from our O-line completely dominating the guys they had in there. Favre would have averaged 4+ YPC at HB during that time.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Need to see more before giving White a thumbs up or a thumbs down.

At this time Jackson doe not exactly impress me as the next Emmitt Smith.
He seems to be a serviceable inside runner but nothing special.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Corey white was playing againist atleast the 3rd string guys and he had holes to run throw like no other. He looks slow and not that good i dont want him.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Corey White is listed as a fullback at 6'1' - 239 lbs, 21 year old rookie '07 Free agent. from UAB. He ,again is a fullback and has been working out as a Running Back because of all injuries to the Packer runnng backs Wynn, Morency and Pope. White has doing all right at running back during the preseason considering he is a rookie and not playing in his regular position.

RB P J Pope has been cut and received an injury settlement from the Packers.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
White vs Herron, I'd have to ask how good is White's blocking? Herron's good at picking up the blitz, which is a HUGE deal to me.

Also, Herron had one chance to prove himself in a game and he came through beautifully:
| 5 stl | 20 106 | 20 | 1 |

Also look at week 9 vs Buffalo. Note his receiving yards. I like that as well.
| 9 buf | 5 25 | 57 | 0 |

I think Herron's underrated. I definitely think he should be on the team as our third round back. Now, I'm not anti-White, I'm just saying I'm ignorant about him. I know nothing about him. But I'd like to see Herron in the green and gold this year.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
with no one standing out, why not keep 4 RBs.

Denver always used to have 4 RB options with at least 1 FB. and they use the same system, and never had a standout or big name (until they made their name at Denver.)

and denver is always one of the best running teams around... im just saying, you could find a worse team to model your running game after

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a practice squad spot will be up for White or Wynn. Depends which one they rather have around. I'm guessing White.

Members online

Latest posts