Who do you want the Packers to draft? 2013

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Tyler Eifert (Long shot for us)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

DeAndre Hopkins

Johnathan Franklin

and maybe Latavius Murray in round 5 or later

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally Montee Ball and Tyler Eifert are a couple of players I would love.
I don't see anything at all special about Montee Ball. I didn't see any special stuff to him, other than running behind a a big ole offensive line usually.
Then his combine and pro day stuff were pretty average as well.

I do like Eifert though. I like Eddie Lacy as well, but feel taking a RB in round 1 is unwise considering how often they, especially OURS, get hurt.

I like Jerron McMillian, but would not be mad if we took a safety with our first pick. As long as Ted took the right one.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I don't see anything at all special about Montee Ball. I didn't see any special stuff to him, other than running behind a a big ole offensive line usually.
Then his combine and pro day stuff were pretty average as well.

I do like Eifert though. I like Eddie Lacy as well, but feel taking a RB in round 1 is unwise considering how often they, especially OURS, get hurt.

I like Jerron McMillian, but would not be mad if we took a safety with our first pick. As long as Ted took the right one.

I see a solid all around back who can do everything asked of him, which would fit perfectly with the Packers. Plus he isn't injury prone, that is a beautiful thing.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#-Trade Down to early Rd 2, get an extra 3rd Rd pick.
%- Trade one 2nd and a 4th to move up in Rd 2.

#- DE Datone Jones, UCLA, 6'4", 283
%- S Eric Reid, LSU, 6'1", 215
WR- Kenny Stills, Oklahoma, 6'1", 195
RB- Christine Michael, TX A&M, 5'10", 220
TE- Ryan Otten, San Jose St, 6'5", 245
OLB- Travis Long, Washington St, 6'3", 255
C- T.J. Johnson, South Carolina, 6'4", 310
CB- Marcus Cromartie, Wisconsin, 6'0", 195

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see a solid all around back who can do everything asked of him, which would fit perfectly with the Packers. Plus he isn't injury prone, that is a beautiful thing.
That is a beautiful thing... true.
I do worry though that he has a lot of mileage already.
And Cedric Benson had not been injury-prone before we got him, but he had high mileage.
Then he broke down for us.

Anyway, if you can get us a RB who DOES stay pretty healthy, I am happy, and I think McCarthy is happy.
Playing RB in the NFL is a high hazard! Especially for our team for some reason.

I'd like a burner, a game-breaker at RB for once... a Jamal Charles/Chris Johnson type who can find a crease and take it the distance. I don't think Ball gives us anything special we don't already have in Harris & Benson, aside from perhaps being healthy.
But I would not be mad with the pick because I do agree he's at least solid, and not broken yet like Marcus Lattimore, and like Christine Michael who tore an ACL and broke a leg already in college.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not too sure that Datone Jones will make it to the 2nd round

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score

I would rather we not touch Christine Michaels, he is a mess and injury prone.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't know anything about this guy but from watching the film, he's a willing blocker on blitz pickup, and I liked the blocking from some of these linemen.
Rodgers would probably approve as he's surely been a Vandy fan.....

H

HardRightEdge

Not too sure that Datone Jones will make it to the 2nd round
Some scouts believe he's not stout enough setting the edge to play in 3-4. However, with a dearth of prototype 3-4 DEs with length in this draft, he might not make it to #26.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some scouts believe he's not stout enough setting the edge to play in 3-4. However, with a dearth of prototype 3-4 DEs with length in this draft, he might not make it to #26.

Not sure if you were agreeing with me or not, but I was saying that I believe he will be picked in the first round. Possibly by the Colts.

H

HardRightEdge

Not sure if you were agreeing with me or not, but I was saying that I believe he will be picked in the first round. Possibly by the Colts.

I'm agreeing with you that he probably won't make it out of the first round. We may not agree on the reasons or the Packer implications.

He could go to a 4-3 team where most scouts seem to be ******* him or he could go to a 3-4 team on a reach because of the lack of options...putting the two possibilities together indicate he might not be around at #26.

I hope he isn't available to us at #26. After spending a first round pick on a 4-3 DE we're trying to convert to a 3-4 OLB, I'd rather not see another first round experiment plugging a 4-3 peg into a 3-4 hole.

Better to go with a big body, strong side DE/NT guy. There's a good chance we'll need two of them by the start of 2014. There are likely to be a few viable options there.

Sometimes the things we want we just can't have (that rangy 3-4 DE stud who can stuff and rush the passer). In that case, it would better to fill some other need with a guy who fits than to reach.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm agreeing with you that he probably won't make it out of the first round. We may not agree on the reasons or the Packer implications.

He could go to a 4-3 team where most scouts seem to be ******* him or he could go to a 3-4 team on a reach because of the lack of options...putting the two possibilities together indicate he might not be around at #26.

I hope he isn't available to us at #26. After spending a first round pick on a 4-3 DE we're trying to convert to a 3-4 OLB, I'd rather not see another first round experiment plugging a 4-3 peg into a 3-4 hole.

Better to go with a big body, strong side DE/NT guy. There's a good chance we'll need two of them by the start of 2014. There are likely to be a few viable options there.

Sometimes the things we want we just can't have (that rangy 3-4 DE stud who stuff and rush the passer). In that case, it would better to fill some other need with a guy who fits than to reach.

I also don't want the Packers to draft Datone Jones. I would rather see them draft John Jenkins.

H

HardRightEdge

I also don't want the Packers to draft Datone Jones. I would rather see them draft John Jenkins.

Jenkins would be high on my list. He dropped about 15 lbs. for the Combine which is some indication he's willing to work on conditioning. There's a lot of talent under that "baby fat".

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st
ILB Arthur Brown - Hate to upgrade a deep position but AB is a talent that will make a big impact. Tough, athletic and good in coverage - this will create lots of options for Capers.
ILB Alec Ogletree - kinda the same as above but not as much - however - he brings extra attitude
OT Fluker - love the quote by him - he tells opposing defensive lineman "I'm here to take your lunch money"
Star Louteleli - doubt it happens - but if he drops past 10 I would love TT to trade up and nab him.
Kawaan Short - some reason, I think he is high on TT's list
DT Jesse Williams - We are going to need another NT soon
DE Margus Hunt - Yeah, I know. Long shot but if you hit, we have a heck of a player.

2nd round

RB LeVeon Bell - drafttec says he is #186 prospect. Am I missing something? I think he will be very good.
S Johnathan Cypreine

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score

Eeeeeeeeeew...

M

mayo44

I see a guy who isn't particularly big or fast running behind a monster OL. The Packers don't have a monster OL. Sorry, but I don't see it either. What's John Clay up to these days? Isn't he still trying to get on a roster? People were high on him 2 years ago too.

M

mayo44

Knile Davis, RB, Arkansas

Fast, strong, big, good hands, good blocker. Packers should draft him if he's there in the 3rd round.

M

mayo44

Not with that injury history. 4th at best, preferably the 5th.

We're talking about bone fractures, not ligament injuries. Bones heal and with enough time they heal 100%. Bobby Petrino was a ******* who was notorious for trying to rush his guys back too fast from injury. It's part of the reason he was fired. My brother-in-law is a Razorbacks fan and he follows things pretty closely. Davis is definately worth a 3rd round pick. If given the chance to rehab properly, he could be the best RB in the draft. He's exactly the kind of potential bang for the buck pick that TT likes in mid-round picks.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
We're talking about bone fractures, not ligament injuries. Bones heal and with enough time they heal 100%. Bobby Petrino was a ******* who was notorious for trying to rush his guys back too fast from injury. It's part of the reason he was fired. My brother-in-law is a Razorbacks fan and he follows things pretty closely. Davis is definately worth a 3rd round pick. If given the chance to rehab properly, he could be the best RB in the draft. He's exactly the kind of potential bang for the buck pick that TT likes in mid-round picks.
I'm one of the few guys who doesn't think a 3rd is a "mid round pick." Thought he had a cruciate rupture somewhere in there?

Members online

Latest posts