1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Who do we re-sign

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Pokerbrat2000, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +2,939
    With the 2015 season winding down, thoughts will soon turn towards 2016. As always, lots of decisions in regards to our own players , who to keep and who to say good bye to?

Put on your GM hats (something rarely done here) and let everyone know your thoughts. Remember, we will all be coming back here in a year to chastise your picks. :coffee:

PACKERS FREE AGENTS IN 2016
    (Pos., player, 2015 salary); M = million

UNRESTRICTED
    OLB Mike Neal, $4.25M

K Mason Crosby, $3.55M

S Sean Richardson, $2.56M

LE Letroy Guion, $2.48M

OLB Nick Perry, $2.39M

RB James Starks, $1.84M

NT BJ Raji, $1.81M

TE A. Quarless, $1.75M

RT Don Barclay, $1.55M

QB Scott Tolzien, $1.20M

CB Casey Hayward, $1.06M

LS Brett Goode, $976,250

FB John Kuhn, $635,000

WR James Jones, $585,000

RESTRICTED
    G Lane Taylor, $593,184

OLB A. Mulumba, $592,518

S Chris Banjo, $590,655

EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS
    TE Justin Perillo, $360,000

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  2. King of Jeans

King of Jeans Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +84
    Neal, Crosby, Perry, Starks, Raji, Hayward, Hoodie

3. King of Jeans

King of Jeans Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +84
    and Banjo

4. Pokerbrat2000

Ratings:
    +2,939
    Agree with you, but not so sure about Hayward. I think our youth has made him expendable.

Goode may have injured himself out of a Job. Loyalty aside, Lovato seems to be a much younger, cheaper alternative.

I truly hope they keep Jones. What he lacks in speed, he makes up for with his knowledge of AR and the system. Plus, this year may have proven to the Packers, you can never be too deep at WR.

Neal and Perry will be the interesting ones in the group. How much are they worth?

5. Packers_16-0

Packers_16-0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +46
    What about guion

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mongoosev

mongoosev Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +102
    talking about trades while we are looking forward to a vital game is depressing but, carry on.

7. bigbubbatd

bigbubbatd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +321
    Hoodie and Hayward are questions for me depending on the price.

I think jordy Cobb Montgomery Adams Abby and Janis take the spots.

Hayward depends on what the staff thinks of Gunther. With shields Randall Rollins it is really a 4th cb we are talking about going forward and that depends what Hyde is. I like Hayward but not at the price young cbs normally go for. Take the comp pick and move on

8. Pokerbrat2000

Ratings:
    +2,939
    No trade talk here, we are just multi tasking. It's what us Couch GM's do. :coffee:

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,640
    I expect the Packers to re-sign Neal, Crosby, Raji, Kuhn, Jones, Taylor and Banjo. Perry most likely wants to play for a 4-3 defense, Hayward to price himself out of Green Bay. I´m indecisive about what will happen with Starks.

10. Wynnebeck

Wynnebeck Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    Hayward is gone trust me. Randall and Rollins are monsters in the making and our depth with Gunter alongside Hyde etc. makes Hayward sadly not needed. I thank him for his service all these years, but it's time to ride off into the sunset. I would love for them to bring back JJ just for the added security. Plus could you imagine packages with Nelson, Cobb, and Jones at the same time? I get goosebumps lol.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pokerbrat2000

Ratings:
    +2,939
    Agree with you. As far as Starks, I think you almost have to sign him, given that Lacy hasn't fully established himself as a full game back for 16 games. Imagine the Packer this year without Starks. Maybe Crockett or a draft choice can do the same, but if the price is right, I like Starks for a good solid reliable #2. Also, if Lacy goes down like Jordy did, Starks is there.

12. Wynnebeck

Wynnebeck Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    I could seem them bringing Starks back to prop up Lacy as it being the last season of his rookie contract, Lacy will need to slim down over the offseason and play like a beast.

13. mongoosev

mongoosev Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +102
    ok then, in that case resign jones. believe he has another year left in him to be an asset to the packs.

14. Pokerbrat2000

Ratings:
    +2,939
    Starks won't command starting money from any other team, so I doubt the Packers will have to over pay him to keep him happy and in GB. I see Jones and Starks in a similar light. Not studs, but good, dependable and highest value for them and GB is to remain a Packer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Un4GivN

Un4GivN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +377
    I feel like I shouldn't trust you at all... Where was this reported?Or who has your inside info?

And I could... It happened it 2012 when those 3 were the Packers leading receivers, and we lost in the divisional round to SF.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. Pokerbrat2000

Ratings:
    +2,939
    Funny thing with Jones, people seem to view him as "old".....he will be 32 next season, one year and 2 months older then Jordy.

17. Pokerbrat2000

Ratings:
    +2,939
    Jordy, Cobb, Jones, Adams, Montgomery, Abby, insert name of stud rookie......just enough talent to have an odd man out barring injury.

18. Pokerbrat2000

Ratings:
    +2,939
    Not sure if you are implying we couldn't win because of our 3 WR's? I would hang that loss more on the Defense and not being able to figure out or contain Kaepernick. Our offense scored 31 points. Jennings was still on the team and was second in yards to Jones that day.

19. Un4GivN

Un4GivN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +377
    Nah, just saying when he said "Plus could you imagine packages with Nelson, Cobb, and Jones at the same time? I get goosebumps lol."

Yes, I can imagine it... Because it has already happened. Was a good year, just saying not something that would be new.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,640
    I get what you´re saying about Starks but I think a rookie could provide the same impact for less money.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. Pokerbrat2000

Ratings:
    +2,939
    Maybe if you are strictly looking at yards gained running, but Starks provides a lot more: 43 rec. for 392 yards and 3 TDS, playing part time. Plus, he knows the system, the check downs, blocking assignments, etc.

Combine that with his 601 running yards, again part time, and he does more then you realize. I honestly didn't realize it until I just pulled his stats up. He has more combined yards then Lacy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. C-Lee

C-Lee Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +378
    I think Casey will stay, unless he wants to go for more money somewhere else.

23. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,640
    Once again, I don´t disagree with you. I´m not convinced a rookie wouldn´t be able to provide similar numbers, especially one that is used to catching balls.

24. C-Lee

C-Lee Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +378
    He's just so slow.

25. Un4GivN

Un4GivN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +377
    Not really, slow overall... He's actually quite fast top end. Just for some reason takes him longer than most to get there.

• Disagree Disagree x 1