Who do we re-sign

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
With the 2015 season winding down, thoughts will soon turn towards 2016. As always, lots of decisions in regards to our own players , who to keep and who to say good bye to?

Put on your GM hats (something rarely done here) and let everyone know your thoughts. Remember, we will all be coming back here in a year to chastise your picks. :coffee:

PACKERS FREE AGENTS IN 2016
(Pos., player, 2015 salary); M = million

UNRESTRICTED
OLB Mike Neal, $4.25M

K Mason Crosby, $3.55M

S Sean Richardson, $2.56M

LE Letroy Guion, $2.48M

OLB Nick Perry, $2.39M

RB James Starks, $1.84M

NT BJ Raji, $1.81M

TE A. Quarless, $1.75M

RT Don Barclay, $1.55M

QB Scott Tolzien, $1.20M

CB Casey Hayward, $1.06M

LS Brett Goode, $976,250

FB John Kuhn, $635,000

WR James Jones, $585,000

RESTRICTED
G Lane Taylor, $593,184

OLB A. Mulumba, $592,518

S Chris Banjo, $590,655

EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS
TE Justin Perillo, $360,000

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Neal, Crosby, Perry, Starks, Raji, Hayward, Hoodie

Agree with you, but not so sure about Hayward. I think our youth has made him expendable.

Goode may have injured himself out of a Job. Loyalty aside, Lovato seems to be a much younger, cheaper alternative.

I truly hope they keep Jones. What he lacks in speed, he makes up for with his knowledge of AR and the system. Plus, this year may have proven to the Packers, you can never be too deep at WR.

Neal and Perry will be the interesting ones in the group. How much are they worth?

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
talking about trades while we are looking forward to a vital game is depressing but, carry on.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neal, Crosby, Perry, Starks, Raji, Hayward, Hoodie

Hoodie and Hayward are questions for me depending on the price.

I think jordy Cobb Montgomery Adams Abby and Janis take the spots.

Hayward depends on what the staff thinks of Gunther. With shields Randall Rollins it is really a 4th cb we are talking about going forward and that depends what Hyde is. I like Hayward but not at the price young cbs normally go for. Take the comp pick and move on

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I expect the Packers to re-sign Neal, Crosby, Raji, Kuhn, Jones, Taylor and Banjo. Perry most likely wants to play for a 4-3 defense, Hayward to price himself out of Green Bay. I´m indecisive about what will happen with Starks.

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hayward is gone trust me. Randall and Rollins are monsters in the making and our depth with Gunter alongside Hyde etc. makes Hayward sadly not needed. I thank him for his service all these years, but it's time to ride off into the sunset. I would love for them to bring back JJ just for the added security. Plus could you imagine packages with Nelson, Cobb, and Jones at the same time? I get goosebumps lol.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I expect the Packers to re-sign Neal, Crosby, Raji, Kuhn, Jones, Taylor and Banjo. Perry most likely wants to play for a 4-3 defense, Hayward to price himself out of Green Bay. I´m indecisive about what will happen with Starks.

Agree with you. As far as Starks, I think you almost have to sign him, given that Lacy hasn't fully established himself as a full game back for 16 games. Imagine the Packer this year without Starks. Maybe Crockett or a draft choice can do the same, but if the price is right, I like Starks for a good solid reliable #2. Also, if Lacy goes down like Jordy did, Starks is there.

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree with you. As far as Starks, I think you almost have to sign him, given that Lacy hasn't fully established himself as a full game back for 16 games. Imagine the Packer this year without Starks. Maybe Crockett or a draft choice can do the same, but if the price is right, I like Starks for a good solid reliable #2.

I could seem them bringing Starks back to prop up Lacy as it being the last season of his rookie contract, Lacy will need to slim down over the offseason and play like a beast.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Starks won't command starting money from any other team, so I doubt the Packers will have to over pay him to keep him happy and in GB. I see Jones and Starks in a similar light. Not studs, but good, dependable and highest value for them and GB is to remain a Packer.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hayward is gone trust me.

I feel like I shouldn't trust you at all... Where was this reported?Or who has your inside info?

Plus could you imagine packages with Nelson, Cobb, and Jones at the same time? I get goosebumps lol.

And I could... It happened it 2012 when those 3 were the Packers leading receivers, and we lost in the divisional round to SF.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Funny thing with Jones, people seem to view him as "old".....he will be 32 next season, one year and 2 months older then Jordy.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Jordy, Cobb, Jones, Adams, Montgomery, Abby, insert name of stud rookie......just enough talent to have an odd man out barring injury.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
And I could... It happened it 2012 when those 3 were the Packers leading receivers, and we lost in the divisional round to SF.

Not sure if you are implying we couldn't win because of our 3 WR's? I would hang that loss more on the Defense and not being able to figure out or contain Kaepernick. Our offense scored 31 points. Jennings was still on the team and was second in yards to Jones that day.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure if you are implying we couldn't win because of our 3 WR's? I would hang that loss more on the Defense and not being able to figure out or contain Kaepernick. Our offense scored 31 points.

Nah, just saying when he said "Plus could you imagine packages with Nelson, Cobb, and Jones at the same time? I get goosebumps lol."

Yes, I can imagine it... Because it has already happened. Was a good year, just saying not something that would be new.

D

Deleted member 6794

Agree with you. As far as Starks, I think you almost have to sign him, given that Lacy hasn't fully established himself as a full game back for 16 games. Imagine the Packer this year without Starks. Maybe Crockett or a draft choice can do the same, but if the price is right, I like Starks for a good solid reliable #2. Also, if Lacy goes down like Jordy did, Starks is there.

I get what you´re saying about Starks but I think a rookie could provide the same impact for less money.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I get what you´re saying about Starks but I think a rookie could provide the same impact for less money.
Maybe if you are strictly looking at yards gained running, but Starks provides a lot more: 43 rec. for 392 yards and 3 TDS, playing part time. Plus, he knows the system, the check downs, blocking assignments, etc.

Combine that with his 601 running yards, again part time, and he does more then you realize. I honestly didn't realize it until I just pulled his stats up. He has more combined yards then Lacy.

Last edited:

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Casey will stay, unless he wants to go for more money somewhere else.

D

Deleted member 6794

Maybe if you are strictly looking at yards gained running, but Starks provides a lot more: 43 rec. for 392 yards and 3 TDS, playing part time. Plus, he knows the system, the check downs, blocking assignments, etc.

Combine that with his 601 running yards, again part time, and he does more then you realize. I honestly didn't realize it until I just pulled his stats up.

Once again, I don´t disagree with you. I´m not convinced a rookie wouldn´t be able to provide similar numbers, especially one that is used to catching balls.

Members online

Latest posts