Who do we face in the wild card round?

PackisBack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Simple question. I was at the Eagles/Vikings game last night and heard all the Philly fans talking about their "rematch" against us in the playoffs.

Provided we beat the Burrs, is it guaranteed that we go back to Philadelphia in the first round of the playoffs? If so, I need to get my tickets now haha

OP
OP
PackisBack

PackisBack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That being said, I hope we can contain Vick like we did in week 1. He didn't play that whole game, though, so I'm not sure how it will turn out.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Cant believe that the Queens got 6 sacks on Vick... they easily contained him... we should be able to do the same with a good game plan but first lets smash the Bears!!!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we WIN Sunday before talking about who we play?

For real!!! Lets just worry over the Bears first!

But I am kind of hoping for the Eagles to play us. I'd simply love to have the Pack knock those silly bald birds out of the playoffs. 6ABC in Philly local news just listed the Packers as one of the possible opponents for the Eagles in 1st round. So lets beat the Bears and get those Eagles!!! Sack the living bloody hell out of Vick!!!

Fellow Philly cat, I hope you get to go to that game if they do land up playing the Eagles!!! Represent but be careful!!! Eagles fans can be brutal!!!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Drew, I would like to borrow that Packer fan girl in your avatar, for about an hour. Is that possible?

Jay Cutler, Matt Forte, Chester Taylor, Johnny Knox, Devin Hester, Earl Bennett, Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs, Julius Peppers..... those are the guys I am worried about right now, especially Peppers and Hester and Urlacher.

Hester stole the first game against us, with help from the blind zebra's on that play.
Peppers caused us to lose a TD to Finley because the ref decided to call Tauscher for a hold on him. Then the bastard Peppers blocked the ensuing FG attempt by Crosby.

OP
OP
PackisBack

PackisBack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Who are you? Mike McCarthy? I'm a fan not a player good sir. I believe that title allows me the pleasure of daydreaming about my team.

Also, considering the Eagles did lose, and the Falcons play before we play the Bears, it's entirely possible we end up in a scenario like last year where we're playing a team full of backups the last week of the regular season. So, no, I'll talk about it all I want.

Fellow Philly cat, I hope you get to go to that game if they do land up playing the Eagles!!! Represent but be careful!!! Eagles fans can be brutal!!!

Haha I know it. I was sitting in the middle of 70,000 of them last night. The sad thing is most of them left when Peterson put the Queens up 24-14. They have no faith in their team or Andy Reid. I take pleasure in knowing Packer fans will stay to the end no matter how awful it gets!

ClayMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For sure it will be the Eagles, but first we have to get through the Bears. I hate that team so much it's not even funny. But they have been playing some pretty decent football. I can't wait till the Packers finally shut all the Bears fan's up. I hope it comes down to the Packers and Bears for the NFC Championship so we can deny them pieces of crap another Super Bowl chance. That would be great......

As for now I am just hoping for a win. The Pack played pretty damn solid on defense, with all the take aways and keeping the offense on the field. But James Jones and Jordy Nelson are really gonna have to stop dropping so many passes. There has been so many times this year where Rodgers has put it right on there hands or in there chest and they dropped it. And some of those drops could of been easy points. If they can do that the Packers should easily get passed the Bears and should be a force in the Playoffs.

GO PACK GO!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Who are you? Mike McCarthy? I'm a fan not a player good sir. I believe that title allows me the pleasure of daydreaming about my team.

Also, considering the Eagles did lose, and the Falcons play before we play the Bears, it's entirely possible we end up in a scenario like last year where we're playing a team full of backups the last week of the regular season. So, no, I'll talk about it all I want.

Haha I know it. I was sitting in the middle of 70,000 of them last night. The sad thing is most of them left when Peterson put the Queens up 24-14. They have no faith in their team or Andy Reid. I take pleasure in knowing Packer fans will stay to the end no matter how awful it gets!

Day dream all you want, its fine...but we have to beat the Bears 1st to get to that playoff game?

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I wouldn't say the Vikes easily contained Vick. They basically blitzed the HELL out of him and he still ran around Allen nearly all game. Looks like the Vikes exposed Vick and how to beat him. Keep him pressured all game and let your secondary pick off his errant throws. Granted, that is a combo that works with most QBs if you can pull it off.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles choked in that game. Andy Reid said they have no excuse. I've never seen Vick that bad. It wasn't like the Vikings played that good, just the Eagles flat out sucked. Eagles should of won this game without any problems.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I know where you're coming from but IMHO, there's not that much to talk about in the bears matchup! lol

The potential eagles matchup is oddly more interesting than our rematch vs. a "god knows how they'll play" Bears team. Aaaaaaaand because the Bears, playoff wise, have nothing to play for... this rematch against them isn't even gonna feel that sweet if we win.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that the Vikings exposed how to beat Vick and the eagles. Tell me this guys... how does Andy Reid counter us if we plan to Blitzkrieg Vick all game? Because you know they're gonna work picking up blitzes extensively in practice now.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vick was hurt in the 1st quarter in that game. He limped around for the entire game basically. The Eagles have nothing to play for this week coming up so they will rest guys. We get Vick and the Eagles on two weeks rest essentially, at their place, so I wouldn't expect us to contain him quite as well...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that the Vikings exposed how to beat Vick and the eagles. Tell me this guys... how does Andy Reid counter us if we plan to Blitzkrieg Vick all game? Because you know they're gonna work picking up blitzes extensively in practice now.
Screens. Andy Reid loves screens.

Lucky us, we have a bunch of highly intelligent players, that aren't fooled very easily.

We are a top 3, if not the best D in the league. Plus we have already beaten the Eagles with Vick, in a game which we didn't gameplan for him...

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Provided we beat the Burrs
Lovin it!!

Can't stop saying "Da Burrs, Da Burrs , Da Burrs" now.. ( and yes 3 times!)

cracks me up!
I like dreaming aloud too...I have us winning the SB by 3... right Frank?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts