Whitehead Gone, G-Mo Placed on IR, and acquired CB Will Redmond

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Slippery slope if you start cutting guys for what Whitehead did. Stupid move on his part, but a job ending offense? Later in the game, I think it was MVS who took a similar shot at someone, the refs just didn't see it, I guess Gute didn't either? I have to believe it was something more than just the penalty and that was the last straw.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to guess how he dealt with it in the locker room was what did him in. The penalty on the field wasn't that bad. Stupid, but i don't think an ax'able event.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Slippery slope if you start cutting guys for what Whitehead did. Stupid move on his part, but a job ending offense? Later in the game, I think it was MVS who took a similar shot at someone, the refs just didn't see it, I guess Gute didn't either? I have to believe it was something more than just the penalty and that was the last straw.

It was Adams with a closed fist. We cutting him?

On a serious note, I don't like this. It is an overreaction and there is no way he should have been ejected in the first place. Safety is too thin.

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
It was Adams with a closed fist. We cutting him?

On a serious note, I don't like this. It is an overreaction and there is no way he should have been ejected in the first place. Safety is too thin.

Safety is so thin that we are taking CBs and making them play Safety.

Something else had to been the straw that broke the camels back with Whitehead. It was a dumb play but isnt that out of the norm.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's an over reaction to think he was cut for that onfield slap. That's an every game occurrence in the NFL across the league. I have to believe they are aware the infraction wasn't that serious. Unless he said something on the field too that got him ejected in the first place and it wasn't the slap that did it.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't imagine the ejection was the reason. Probably was already in the works.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this had more to do with his performance than his lack of discipline. Tony Brown got ejected for a way worse taunting penalty and he is still around. I like that they have kept a roster spot open for Bruce Irvin!!!

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
https://www.packers.com/news/packers-claim-s-ibraheim-campbell-off-waivers

Saw that at the bottom of the thread, released P Drew Kaser in the process. This was probably the reason for releasing Whitehead(well part of the equation at least). Campbell has 11 starts to his name so he should have some ability. Whitehead kept playing that Dime LB position and he wasn't particularly good at it, and also marginal in coverage. I'm not going to say I'm excited, but I'm intrigued to say the least to see what he can do at the position.

Don't know much about Redmond, but this pads the depth in the secondary, which we desperately needed.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think this had more to do with his performance than his lack of discipline. Tony Brown got ejected for a way worse taunting penalty and he is still around. I like that they have kept a roster spot open for Bruce Irvin!!!

Irvin just cleared waivers. He is now free to sign with any team and the Raiders get to pick up the $3.7M they owe him.

I doubt he comes to Green Bay...no offense fellow fans, but I bet he signs with a team with a better record.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On a serious note, it is time someone is let go to show there is some accountability on this team, obviously this team has been about as undisciplined as it gets at this level.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps intended to send a message.

Borderline players have less margin for error. I'm fine with this.

That said, I hope he gets another shot somewhere else and makes the most of it.

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
https://www.packers.com/news/packers-claim-s-ibraheim-campbell-off-waivers

Saw that at the bottom of the thread, released P Drew Kaser in the process. This was probably the reason for releasing Whitehead(well part of the equation at least). Campbell has 11 starts to his name so he should have some ability. Whitehead kept playing that Dime LB position and he wasn't particularly good at it, and also marginal in coverage. I'm not going to say I'm excited, but I'm intrigued to say the least to see what he can do at the position.

Don't know much about Redmond, but this pads the depth in the secondary, which we desperately needed.

What was the point of signing Kaser for 1 week.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On a serious note, it is time someone is let go to show there is some accountability on this team, obviously this team has been about as undisciplined as it gets at this level.
They did that last week, in case you weren't paying attention.