Which Two Wide Outs do we want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jameson Williams is the best wr in the draft...I really hope gute trades up for him

Then Id like to see maybe a trade down from 28 or a trade up from 53 to secure Christian Watson

Thats the two for me in this draft

Reaction score
Jamison Williamson and Olave should be the first round picks.
That would be fantastic! We’d have 1 guy that’s likely the most NFL ready out of college + probably the best WR in the draft (albeit coming off injury) but we wouldn’t need both right away anyway. So that’s one of several sets of great WR combos.

Yet that said, imo the only chance of that would be if Williams and Olave fell to us at 22 and afterwards we traded 28 and went up to 23-24 range. Or similar, like using 28 and trading up to 21 with the patriots etc..
I don’t see either falling to 28, but who knows. I didn’t see Kadarius Toney getting picked as early as 20. I had us picking him to close out the Day 1 WR last year. It’s all what someone is willing to pay, I guess.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
When Jameson Williamson was at OSU he was stuck in the depth chart behind Olave and Wilson, which is why he ended up transferring to Alabama in 2021. Yes, he had a great year at Alabama, but is he better than Olave and Wilson? I think Wilson will be the first WR taken, but if the Packers had a choice between Olave and Williamson, I hope they take Olave. If they are willing to gamble on a WR coming off of an ACL injury, I think I would see if Metchie is around in the 3rd round. Metchie is known to be a really good route runner and with #12 at QB, that is a good trait to have.

I hope the Packers come out of Round 2 with 2 WR's and I would be pleased with any of the following 2.

Wilson
Burks
Olave
Williamson
Pickens
London
Dotson
Tolbert
Watson
Pierce
Moore

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reality is we’re probably looking at Gute if he gets one of his guys waiting till the 3rd or 4th to get the second one. Doubs and Tyquan are just two of the productive and athletic types I could easily see being our second wr without taking another pick from building a better team arguably better.

Again all depends how draft falls of course

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Reality is we’re probably looking at Gute if he gets one of his guys waiting till the 3rd or 4th to get the second one. Doubs and Tyquan are just two of the productive and athletic types I could easily see being our second wr without taking another pick from building a better team arguably better.

Again all depends how draft falls of course
Which is what he reportedly tried to do 2 years ago, wait and get one later and he drafted zero WR's. Given the current state of the roster for this year and more importantly next, I think the time is now to get 2 top rookie WR's. It might not be until year 2 or 3 before we actually start getting production out of the ones I listed. If Gute gets cute and hopes a starting caliber and productive WR falls to him in the 3rd or 4th round, he might have made a decision that eventually costs him his job.

Reaction score
Yes, he had a great year at Alabama, but is he better than Olave and Wilson?
I’m actually happy with either of those guys. That said, there’s about 3-4 players top 20 selection values and the aforementioned are in that grouping. One isn’t that much better than the other, it’s more system fit and personal preference and long term projecting.

Had Williams not injured, there’s no way he gets to our first selection. Approaching 1600 yards at 20.0 per touch with a 35 yard KR average is dominating at the SEC level. Wilson gets the most immediately diversified (Slot or Perimeter) awarded and Williams gets best deep threat (Big play ability) awarded. I think Wilson will edge out Williams in this draft, but only because Williams questions on injury. Healthy? I literally have Williams at #10 overall and Wilson at #12. It’s not a stretch to say either is the best though.

I have Olave a smidge under Williams/Wilson. But they are all top 20 great prospects. I’d love having the fastest WR in the NFL for once though.. 4.26? What!

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which is what he reportedly tried to do 2 years ago, wait and get one later and he drafted zero WR's. Given the current state of the roster for this year and more importantly next, I think the time is now to get 2 top rookie WR's. It might not be until year 2 or 3 before we actually start getting production out of the ones I listed. If Gute gets cute and hopes a starting caliber and productive WR falls to him in the 3rd or 4th round, he might have made a decision that eventually costs him his job.

I was speaking to one of the picks being of the later variety not meaning that would be our only pick. I don’t necessarily want two WRs in the first or even first four picks persay depending if we get one in the first or who falls to 53.

Most are wanting Gute to pick two or three WRs in the first four picks which is yes possible but not necessarily smart or what is good for the team. Say you pick up Pickens…then adding a Doubs or Thornton that are different style WRs late that have been very productive and proven athletes is arguably as valuable as forcing two early WRs. It is asking a ton for a rookie to walk in and be the answer but to think two rookies will be the first and second leading receivers I’d argue is boarderline ignorant.

I am hoping the only way Gute double dips before our fourth pick is if he truly sees one of his top WRs fall farther than they should have otherwise I’ll honestly not be a fan of a WR double dip pick coming before our 3rd rounder unless it is none in first and both times in second which id understand.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm suddenly seeing more articles about Pickens and red flags about his personality. Not sure if this is just people blowing smoke around draft time, but the articles all seem to be consistent.

Smokescreens...NEVER trust anything put out now, it's a GM trying to have a player drop to their draft spot.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've changed my mind on a couple of WR's the more I watch their play... Drake London is an absolute beast so I'm back on his bandwagon. I think he, Wilson & Olave will be gone early in the teens, though. :( .
I'd love for Gute to take Pickens with one of the 1st's, and Alec Pierce in the 2nd. Both have size & speed, and can quickly progress to our #1 & #2.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree that all 3 will be gone early, also.
When asked by a reporter, Brian mentioned how enticing it was to have the draft collateral we have.
Yet from his answer, I hear him saying he’s done some math and he could go all the way into full tilt to chase a particular player, but it’s more important to use a measured approach.
He followed that up by essentially saying he’s not immune to moving around in the draft some to fill a specific need.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see us move up and down the board if a particular player is in our sights.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping we keep all 4. Get two wide outs with at least one with a first. And then draft a speed guy later on that can also return punts. Would make for an exciting Offense. Still room to fill in with OL, Edge and even DL or safety. I'm not hell bent on TE and think the W/Os will give us a lot more.

Reaction score
Smokescreens...NEVER trust anything put out now, it's a GM trying to have a player drop to their draft spot.
But that’s not new news. That’s been an ongoing scar on his total profile since last season as far as draft concerns. I don’t believe for a second that whoever said that is being untruthful to gain on him and I’m normally the skeptical type.
Cats gonna go where he’s gonna go and it’s not someone in love with the guy. He’s been volatile on multiple occasions, both on the field and off.

He is a risk reward. But as we learned with others. It’s the Total picture, not just the physical part.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Jameson Williamson was at OSU he was stuck in the depth chart behind Olave and Wilson, which is why he ended up transferring to Alabama in 2021. Yes, he had a great year at Alabama, but is he better than Olave and Wilson? I think Wilson will be the first WR taken, but if the Packers had a choice between Olave and Williamson, I hope they take Olave. If they are willing to gamble on a WR coming off of an ACL injury, I think I would see if Metchie is around in the 3rd round. Metchie is known to be a really good route runner and with #12 at QB, that is a good trait to have.

I hope the Packers come out of Round 2 with 2 WR's and I would be pleased with any of the following 2.

Wilson
Burks
Olave
Williamson
Pickens
London
Dotson
Tolbert
Watson
Pierce
Moore
The current over/under on WR's taken in round 1 is 6.5. This does not bode well for GB if there's a run on WR's in the teens. :( IF that does happen Gute could choose to load-up on DL, S &/or OLB in round 1 and "settle" for WR's in rounds 2-4? Wouldn't shock me, then, to see Pierce, Tolbert, Doubs, or Shakir in GB and a couple of TE's in rounds 3-5.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
So still some options at WR. Not sure if they have to trade up to get "their guy", but if they look at the group of 15 or so WR's that are left and only like a few, they better. I would hope that the Packers get at least 1 WR from each of these groups. There are a lot of small slot guys left, which is fine for return guys, but with Cobb, Rodgers and Lazard already taking snaps from the slot, not so sure I would want to see a guy like Skyy Moore be our only WR drafted.

- George Pickens, Georgia
- Christian Watson, North Dakota State
- Skyy Moore, Western Michigan
- Alec Pierce, Cincinnati
- Jalen Tolbert, South Alabama
- John Metchie III, Alabama
- Khalil Shakir, Boise State
- Romeo Doubs, Nevada
- Tyquan Thornton, Baylor
- Kevin Austin, Notre Dame
- Bo Melton, Rutgers
- Justyn Ross, Clemson
- David Bell, Purdue

Sleepers:

- Danny Gray, SMU
- Josh Johnson, Tulsa
- Velus Jones Jr - Tennesee
- Samori Toure, Nebraska
- Charleston Rambo, Miami
- Corey Sutton, Appalachian State

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So still some options at WR. Not sure if they have to trade up to get "their guy", but if they look at the group of 15 or so WR's that are left and only like a few, they better. I would hope that the Packers get at least 1 WR from each of these groups. There are a lot of small slot guys left, which is fine for return guys, but with Cobb, Rodgers and Lazard already taking snaps from the slot, not so sure I would want to see a guy like Skyy Moore be our only WR drafted.

- George Pickens, Georgia
- Christian Watson, North Dakota State
- Skyy Moore, Western Michigan
- Alec Pierce, Cincinnati
- Jalen Tolbert, South Alabama
- John Metchie III, Alabama
- Khalil Shakir, Boise State
- Romeo Doubs, Nevada
- Tyquan Thornton, Baylor
- Kevin Austin, Notre Dame
- Bo Melton, Rutgers
- Justyn Ross, Clemson
- David Bell, Purdue

Sleepers:

- Danny Gray, SMU
- Josh Johnson, Tulsa
- Samori Toure, Nebraska
- Charleston Rambo, Miami
- Corey Sutton, Appalachian State

Give me pickens and watson no ceilings

Think metchie is gonna be a 10 year guy. Also like thorton, tolbert, melton, bell

Idk pretty disappointing we didnt make the trade with the vikings instead of detroit to go get a real one

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SI's Day Two mock had us taking McBride and Tolbert in the 2nd, without having to move around for either.
I'd have a pretty hard time complaining with that.

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Been looking at a few mock drafts and it looks like all the good receivers will be gone by time we pick. I sure hope they move up. One had us taking Pierce, but most had him gone by time we picked.
One mock I looked at had us taking two guards in the second and picked Tyquon Thornton in the third. I would be a little disappointed if that is all we get.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Been looking at a few mock drafts and it looks like all the good receivers will be gone by time we pick. I sure hope they move up. One had us taking Pierce, but most had him gone by time we picked.
One mock I looked at had us taking two guards in the second and picked Tyquon Thornton in the third. I would be a little disappointed if that is all we get.

Definitely need to move up...who knows maybe they trade for tyler lockett

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not too worried. They have some ammo to move up. If they can somehow get Pickens and Pierce I believe Packer dans would be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts