Which Team(s) Are Most Likely To Regress From Winning Records Last Year To Losing Ones This Year?

Which Team(s) Are Going To Regress?

• Detroit Lions

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Oakland Raiders

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • New York Giants

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Atlanta Falcons

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Tennessee Titans

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

n4t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course you don't care about an objective view about injuries in 2016 as that would completely steal the thunder out of your argument and you might have to admit the Packers didn't have the talent necessary to win the Super Bowl last season.

I'm well aware you're not capable of doing that though, resulting in you looking like a sore loser.

So your view is the 'objective' one? The one that leaves out all the details and just counts base numbers? I don't even believe your are obtuse enough to believe that, though evidence suggests otherwise.

Losing Shields and injuries to both Randall and Rollins, resulting in quite a few snaps for UDFA practice squad members is one of the more obvious coffin nails I've seen in my life.

D

Deleted member 6794

So your view is the 'objective' one? The one that leaves out all the details and just counts base numbers? I don't even believe your are obtuse enough to believe that, though evidence suggests otherwise.

Losing Shields and injuries to both Randall and Rollins, resulting in quite a few snaps for UDFA practice squad members is one of the more obvious coffin nails I've seen in my life.

I didn't come up with that numbers but took them from Football Outsiders, a website widely respected for their analytical work.

Of course some fans don't care about it because they feel the Packers suffered an insurmountable number of injuries while other teams were completely healthy all season, a theory that isn't supported by any evidence though.

BTW I'm tired of people using the team losing Shields as the main reason for the Packers coming up short. Thompson had several weeks to make a move to compensate for losing him but decided it was smart to stand pat. That obviously didn't work out at all.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as if any of it matters. Until someone can prove to me that Dallas beat GB to advance to the NFCCG, it doesn't.

until it is shown that they went from Elliot and 4 other RB's last year, I don't care what the Metrics say. Dez Bryant didn't miss the playoffs. Jordy did. I'd take 1 shields on the field over 2 Claibornes and he didn't even miss the season. I don't care what the "adjusted metrics" say, nobody rotated thru DB's like GB last year that even sniffed a ****ing playoff game let alone played in multiple.

we'd have been better off losing 2 DB's and having health at the position after that then the continuous rotation of half healthy players back there like we did. Patriots and Cowboys entered the 2016 playoffs as the healthiest teams in the league. ****ing metrics. Packers were ranked the 2nd most affected team by injury in December last year, with the 4 other of the top 5 eliminated from playoff contention. Cowboys on the other hand were ranked 2nd healthiest going into the playoffs. Lots of "metrics" out there. Find the ones that fit, LOL or just use your eyes and brain. :)
http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/226879/rating-the-health-of-nfl-playoff-contenders

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
IMO it's pretty obvious the Seahawks are trending in the wrong direction. They have an overrated QB with a porous OL and Eddy Lacy won't be able to fill Lynch's shoes. There other RB's can't stay healthy and this team just hasn't been able to run the ball as effective since losing Lynch.

There defense will probably still be top 10 because of there division but they are no longer elite. Lots of guys coming off surgery and injury for these guys as there core guys get older. Then you throw in the rumored dissension amongst the ranks and this could be a bomb getting ready to go off. One must keep in my mind that pretty much everywhere Pete Carroll has left he has left the situation in disarray and I see no difference this time.

I don't know if it will be this year or next season before the wheels completely fall off but this "dog and pony show" is coming to an end.

SeahawkFan80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Football outsiders is pretty good for statistics and DVOA is pretty good as well for balance. Putting both together would probably tell a lot over what is going on with a team. But, losing one key element in your teams game is very important. Such as ET on my team and Shields on yours. Backfilling with a decent although maybe not as competent yet player is what this game is all about.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
No Brandon, say it isnt so...:p

You better hope Schneider rolled snake eyes on Shaq Griffin, McDowell, and at least one of those safeties. Pocic will need to hit too. I believe the Joeckel project will be a disaster. I wouldn't expect much from Shead this year or maybe ever. Lane will need to rebound to keep things somewhat intact. Earl Thomas is a huge X factor. If he lost a half step that affects things greatly.

Why the Seahawks didn't take King is total head scratcher to me.

DCPack80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions and Dolphins just aren't very good. Tampa has a big name offense but I don't see them doing much. Giants (and the whole NFC East) play a brutal schedule. I could see all these teams at .500 or less. Atlanta is probably a 9-10 win team but you never know with the SB hangover.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't come up with that numbers but took them from Football Outsiders, a website widely respected for their analytical work.

Of course some fans don't care about it because they feel the Packers suffered an insurmountable number of injuries while other teams were completely healthy all season, a theory that isn't supported by any evidence though.

BTW I'm tired of people using the team losing Shields as the main reason for the Packers coming up short. Thompson had several weeks to make a move to compensate for losing him but decided it was smart to stand pat. That obviously didn't work out at all.

It's also obvious that it's extremely difficult to replace a number one corner mid season and teams certainly don't volunteer to trade them away, especially before the trade deadline with most teams are still in the hunt.

D

Deleted member 6794

as if any of it matters. Until someone can prove to me that Dallas beat GB to advance to the NFCCG, it doesn't.

On the other hand it doesn't matter until someone can prove to me that the Packers beat Atlanta to advance to the Super Bowl.

Lots of "metrics" out there. Find the ones that fit, LOL or just use your eyes and brain. :)
http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/226879/rating-the-health-of-nfl-playoff-contenders

The article you linked to isn't based on analytical numbers but the opinion of an ESPN writer, therefore I couldn't care less about it. While you continue to blame injuries for the Packers coming up short it's a fact the team was only missing one (!!!) week 1 starter on defense in Shields going into the NFCCG and they had 19 weeks to find a way to make up for losing him.

Once again, you sound like a sore, whiny loser.

But, losing one key element in your teams game is very important. Such as ET on my team and Shields on yours. Backfilling with a decent although maybe not as competent yet player is what this game is all about.

Absolutely agree with the bolded part. Unfortunately Thompson failed to adequately replace Shields last season though.

It's also obvious that it's extremely difficult to replace a number one corner mid season and teams certainly don't volunteer to trade them away, especially before the trade deadline with most teams are still in the hunt.

It's true that it would have been extremely difficult to acquire a player as talented as Shields mid season but it's hard to believe the Packers couldn't have done any better than Gunter as their #1 cornerback.

In addition the team hugely gambled on Shields staying healthy as they were well aware he had already suffered four concussions entering the 2016 season. Thompson not having a decent backup plan completely backfired.

SeahawkFan80

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But, losing one key element in your teams game is very important. Such as ET on my team and Shields on yours. Backfilling with a decent although maybe not as competent yet player is what this game is all about.
Absolutely agree with the bolded part. Unfortunately Thompson failed to adequately replace Shields last season though.

I think that is what we did on our draft. We also got some defensive front linesmen. I think our front line was not getting the pressure on the Qb to make him rush his plays and create issues. I think we got that now.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Titans have a lot of talent. Good, up and coming QB, fantastic OL, two good backs, vastly improved receivers, couple good edge players, some good new corners, and a solid DL. I really like that roster a lot.

SeahawkFan80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A friend of mine was a phin fan. The second to the last game last season he cut NfL out of his life due to Player ramifications. I shant say no more about it as we all have been slapped with it all over the league.

Reaction score
GB 11-5
Detroit 8-8 or 9-7

I still don't think that Detroit will finish under .500 but I would put my $ on Detroit if I had to choose. The chances of any other team on that list regressing to 7-9 or less is slimmer IMO.

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
c'mon guys, try to stay on topic. This is about teams that are /might going to have a losing record after having a winning record last year. Dallas should not be mentioned anywhere in this thread.........

Reaction score
IMO it's pretty obvious the Seahawks are trending in the wrong direction. They have an overrated QB with a porous OL and Eddy Lacy won't be able to fill Lynch's shoes. There other RB's can't stay healthy and this team just hasn't been able to run the ball as effective since losing Lynch.

There defense will probably still be top 10 because of there division but they are no longer elite. Lots of guys coming off surgery and injury for these guys as there core guys get older. Then you throw in the rumored dissension amongst the ranks and this could be a bomb getting ready to go off. One must keep in my mind that pretty much everywhere Pete Carroll has left he has left the situation in disarray and I see no difference this time.

I don't know if it will be this year or next season before the wheels completely fall off but this "dog and pony show" is coming to an end.
In 2016, they scored the least # of points since 2011. In 2016 they also gave up the most points since 2011. While they still have to be accounted for they are nowhere near the 2012-2013 squad.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
c'mon guys, try to stay on topic. This is about teams that are /might going to have a losing record after having a winning record last year. Dallas should not be mentioned anywhere in this thread.........
actually, it says regress in the poll, and it's not out of the question to see Dallas going from #1 seed in the entire NFC to 2nd place in the NFCEast or worse.

and if I'd read thread titles maybe I'd see it did ask for losing records :)

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Detroit will regress. They won a wack of games where they came back. Won't happen again. I think they miss the playoffs.

Patriots will win the division. That said, I feel they will end up 12-4 or 11-5.

Redskins is obvious. They had a winning record last year. They'll be a dumpster fire this season.

Seahawks will miss the playoffs. Calling it now.

Reese2017

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was sitting here thinking if we ran a 4-3 defense and focused on beating the hell out of the other teams quarter back,Aaron Rodgers can and probably will win at least two more super bowls ,capers is killing Aaron's career with his out dated defense anyone else feel the same.

D

Deleted member 6794

In 2016, they scored the least # of points since 2011. In 2016 they also gave up the most points since 2011. While they still have to be accounted for they are nowhere near the 2012-2013 squad.

Last season the Packers finished with the worst point differential in a season in which Rodgers was available for all 16 games since 2008. Do you believe the team regressed because of it as well???

I was sitting here thinking if we ran a 4-3 defense and focused on beating the hell out of the other teams quarter back,Aaron Rodgers can and probably will win at least two more super bowls ,capers is killing Aaron's career with his out dated defense anyone else feel the same.

I highly doubt the defensive scheme is responsible for the Packers not having featured a top 10 defense over the past six seasons. It seems that most a lack of talent has mainly contributed to the unit struggling.

BTW it doesn't matter that Capers uses a 3-4 as the team lines up in base for less than 30% of the defensive snaps and there are several teams running a successful version of it.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
And the discussion of the defense can be taken to one of the myriad of threads already discussing it. Don't be hijacking this one.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
What the f#(k does this got to do with the thread topic?