1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Which first year player or second year player will make the biggest impact on defense?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Aaron rodgers is god, Aug 1, 2012.

?

What first year player or second year player will make the biggest impact on defense?

1. Nick Perry

33.3%
  2. Jerel Worthy

16.7%
  3. Casey Heyward

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mike Daniels

8.3%
  5. Terell Manning

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Davon House

33.3%
  7. DJ Smith

8.3%
  8. MD Jennings

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    This year we will be relying on a bunch of first year players or second year players to step up and solidify our defense. I want to know which guy do you think will make the biggest impact. I think it is going to end up being someone in the secondary. I feel it is going to be whoever takes Woodson spot whether it be Casey Heyward or Davon House.

2. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    I'm looking for Worthy to FSU on the interior all season long.

3. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +164
    I voted number 53. Nick from the left, the Claymaker from the right. ouch!

4. 60six

60six DIE HARD

Ratings:
    +65
    I want to say Smith, but with Hawk and Bishop ahead of him, its going to be tough getting the snaps to prove himself. I like McMillian, but he's not on the list, so going with Perry.

5. Aaron rodgers is god

Ratings:
    +154
    I completely forgot about McMillan. I think DJ Smith is one of our best players out of the entire list but is unable to play because of the starters in front of him

6. CheeseHead87

CheeseHead87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +28
    The obvious answer is Perry. But I'll go with Davon House. If he can play that outside corner postion well, that'll probably benefit the Packers the most.

I think he can do it, but we'll find out against the Chargers.

7. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    Perry, he's the only guy on that list that is going to for surely be a day 1 starter. He will be on the field the most and I think he will take that play time advantage and turn it into more impact plays.

8. Aaron rodgers is god

Ratings:
    +154
    We are going to have to depend on a lot of these guys this year, so we are going to have a lot of candidates for who will breakthrough. The only person I don't see getting a lot of playing time is Terell Manning and that is because he is behind a bunch of people. Otherwise everyone I listed should get their turn. We possibly could have three rookies starting week one. Perry, Worthy, 2nd CB or Safety spot. Then the players who won't start will get time in our sub packages.