Which Fantasy League Do You Want?

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I asked Ryan about his preferences for our Fantasy Football league this season and he said that we should ask your opinion as to which league you prefer. The options are between ESPN, Fleaflicker, NFL.com, Sporting News, and Yahoo!!. If you have played any of these leagues, please tell us why that is the league that you would choose.

I have played in all 5 -- each with pros and cons.

ESPN allows extensive scoring options -- even allowing scoring by Head coach and Punter positions. Cons would be that you need to be an "Insider" to read many of the articles on the site and so people have problems, for some reason, getting their logons accepted.

Fleaflicker.com is by far my favorite as it allows more flexibilty in setting up rosters and scoring and gives live scoring. The only con is that the entire site is maintained by one person and his policy handling managers who abuse the rules is not agressive enough.

NFL.com is an easy league to setup and run. The major con is that you cannot alter the scoring parameters. They do, however, give you a suggested "Top Lineup" that would help newer players.

Sporting News offers a Salary Cap league where you are given a certain amount of money to fill your roster. Player salaries go up and down much like the stock market -- players in higher demand cost more while lesser desired players cost less -- with the salaries adjusted regularly.

Yahoo!! was the home of last year's leagues. It is quite similar to ESPN except the HC and punter options are not available. They are more likely to allow players to be available at multiple positions than ESPN (ex.. Marques Colston was listed at both WR and TE last year and Devon Hester is supposed to be available this year as both WR and CB.) I find the lack of live scoring frustrating there as you have to wait until the end of the day for the scores to update.

The poll will run for 5 days and I will set up the league chosen next weekend.