Where the Packers are in the NFC

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
They second 1/2 of the season will be tough, if we stop giving up big plays, execute, and quit the dumb penalties we should be in shape for a home feild playoff game maybe 2 of them.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards a 49er win tonight to set SEA back a bit more. I don't believe in SF, and I'll be surprised if they beat Seattle. Just happen to think it might work out best for us in the long run. I think that CAR game helped us immensely (did not think we were going to win this one going in). Still have glaring holes in the middle of our D, but having that calling out so loudly once again, may force their hand at really fixing it during the bye. GB must come up with a better solution. At least we saw better production from Montravius Adams, Dean Lowry and Tyler Lancaster. Campbell played far and away better than I had expected, as he had a ton of rust, yet made crucial plays. Good to see. I still consider us at the top of the NFC if we can solve some nagging issues on D.

Somehow I picked ATL to beat NO SU... THAT was fun!

Mike peterson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy were many of you guys wrong! The Packers are 8-2 and are ranked in the top 5! After we beat SF after the bye we will move into 1st place!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy were many of you guys wrong! The Packers are 8-2 and are ranked in the top 5! After we beat SF after the bye we will move into 1st place!
Considering we're currently in the #2 seed position, we're not getting a lot of respect. That could be a good thing, I guess. I heard a commentator on Lock it In say yesterday that he couldn't take the Packers seriously as Super Bowl contenders. We do have some issues.

I almost would have preferred SF win that game. If they were going to be due for a loss, I'd rather we hand it to them. But we benefit this way too, so we'll see what happens.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, Montravius Adams has been playing through injury, and I'm hoping that gets better, as well as his play. We need him firing live bullets. Would certainly help. On that line, I'd like to see more of Kingsley Keke.

You gotta be happy like I was to see some of the Adams we all know is there come out in the Carolina game. Dude is growing into his own if he stays healthy.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Priority 1: Win the division

Priority 2: Worry about seeding.

Right now, all things considered, the Packers are in a pretty favorable position. With a current 3-0 divisional record, they have a 2 game lead on the Vikings, who have a current 1-2 divisional record. Even if the Packers lose to the Vikings next month, they're in the driver's seat as far as the tie breaker goes. And the Vikings also have an extra loss in common games. So, looking good at the moment there.

With seeding, here's the remaining schedules of the top contenders for home field:

49ers:

Arizona
Green Bay
@ Baltimore
@ New Orleans
Atlanta
LA Rams
@ Seattle

Opponents combined record 40-25-1

Brutal schedule, not to mention that Arizona is far from a pushover despite their record. They played them TOUGH a couple weeks ago. Atlanta looked good too against the Saints this past Sunday, so the 49ers don't have a single cupcake left on the schedule

Saints:

@ Tampa Bay
Carolina
@ Atlanta
San Francisco
Indianapolis
@ Tennessee
@ Carolina

Opponents combined record 33-31

This is a fairly competent schedule. Tampa isn't much, but divisional game on the road. Two against Carolina who are far from pushovers, Frisco, and two very competent AFC South opponents. You see what Tennessee just did to the Chiefs.

Seahawks:

BYE
@ Philadelphia
Minnesota
@ LA Rams
@ Carolina
Arizona
San Francisco

Opponents combined record 33-22

Philly will be tough, but they will have 2 weeks to prepare. Minny, Rams, Panthers is a tough 3 game stretch before finishing against two divisional opponents.

Packers:

@ San Francisco
@ NY Giants
Washington
Chicago
@ Minnesota
@ Detroit

Opponents combined record 25-30-1

All and all, if the Packers can come away with a win against Frisco, they have an outstanding chance at the #1 seed, given what the rest of the schedule is going to present. Games against the Giants and Skins are gifts late in the season, and then will finish up with the division. Bears at home will be big to work the cadence and snap count to keep their front from teeing off on AR, I like the Packers chances in perfect conditions in primetime over Kirk Cousins, and then we finish against an okay Lions team.

Having two weeks to prepare for the 49ers will be HUGE. Great opportunity ahead for the Packers, just have to stay focused and not take a single team lightly.

If the Packers do what they are supposed to do, they'll be no worse than 10-3 heading into the finishing division stretch, which all but guarantees a ticket to the playoffs.

D

Deleted member 6794

Games against the Giants and Skins are gifts late in the season, and then will finish up with the division.

While I fully expect the Packers to win both games the Saints loss to the Falcons proved there are no easy games in this league.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
While I fully expect the Packers to win both games the Saints loss to the Falcons proved there are no easy games in this league.
Definitely agree, but the Falcons in my opinion have considerably more talent than either of those teams. It’s been perplexing to see the Falcons struggle the way they have this season, much like the Chargers.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
In our preseason poll, I had the Packers at 7-3 at this point. I missed the teams they would have lost to. In that post I have them running the table from here out.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Our rivals will LOVE this picture, just don't tell them its photo-shopped and let them keep on b*tch'in about how the Packers always get the benefit of the calls!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe record wise and positions of defense and offense my predictions have aged quite well.....I just hope I am wrong and we don't lose when I said we would!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Not that I wanted to lose to the Chargers, but that game may have been a blessing in disguise. When this season is over, it might be pointed to as the game that motivated the Packer coaches and players not to be complacent. If I am MLF, I am reminding myself, the coaching staff and the players, that no matter who you are playing on Sunday, if you come out playing like they did against the Chargers, you are probably going to lose. Of the final 6 games of the season the Packers play 4 teams (Giants, Skins, Bears, Lions), that as of today are games we should be heavy favorites to win, but are still going to have to play good football to win. The other 2 games, 49'ers and Vikings, the Packers are going to have to be at or near their very best to win.

D

Deleted member 6794

Definitely agree, but the Falcons in my opinion have considerably more talent than either of those teams. It’s been perplexing to see the Falcons struggle the way they have this season, much like the Chargers.

I agree that the Falcons have significantly more talent than the Giants or Redskins but the Packers shouldn't consider any of those teams pushovers by any means.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Although I’d love for the Packers to be playing today, I’m going to enjoy watching some football knowing that the Packers are firmly sitting at 8-2, and will be by day’s end. Let’s see what kind of help we can get in the standings.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Let’s see what kind of help we can get in the standings.

A GREAT Sunday would be:
  • Broncos beat Vikings
  • Buccaneers beat Saints
  • Cardinals beat 49'ers
  • Pats beat Eagles
  • Rams beat Bears (just eliminate them already)
  • Falcons beat Panthers
  • Lions VS Cowboys is a toss up game for me. Much like the Bears, I want to see the Lions eliminated early and before we play them again. But also nice to see the Cowboys slip another spot in the playoff standing.

Members online

Latest posts