Where Does Rodgers Rank In Packers History?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In terms of stats and records? Hard to tell. A lot of Favre's stats and records exist because of longevity. Anybody who is in the league that long is going to start to break records at some point. Favre put up a lot of them. Number of consecutive starts? I don't think anybody is going to be breaking that one anytime soon. SB wins? I think he's got a good shot at breaking that. Passing yards? Yes. MVPs? Yes.

It depends, like all these lists, on how you configure the rankings. I think there is a good chance he could pass Favre, but the person he should really have his sights set on is Bart Starr. But Favre and Starr are not the only ones to pass. The list you are talking about includes all players, not just QBs. Do you think he can pass Reggie White on the all time rankings?

Edit: Check out this thread for all time top 10.

http://www.packerforum.com/threads/nfln-top-10-packers.29825/

Can he pass Reggie? I think Reggie will always be one of the most loved packers of all time, but as far as what he did as a packer? yes, he can.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can he pass Reggie? I think Reggie will always be one of the most loved packers of all time, but as far as what he did as a packer? yes, he can.

As much as I hate to admit it, I have to agree with you on that. I think he can pass Reggie. These lists make it hard to remain objective. It's hard to keep your heart out of it and just look at cold hard stats.

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is really hard to predict of what will happen...but I doubt he will surpass Brett Favre's 3 MVPs. Aaron Rodgers still has to compete with other talented players for such a prestigious reward. He may tie in MVPs, but definitely not surpass. I feel he will win more Super Bowls than Favre though.

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way you can rank Rodgers ahead of anybody who is already in the Hall of Fame or anybody with surefire HOF credentials (Favre). If Rodgers were to retire on this day, he would not be a Hall of Famer.

Talentwise, he's one of the five best players this team has ever seen, and I don't say that lightly. Don Hutson, Reggie White, Sterling Sharpe, Aaron Rodgers, Ray Nitschke. All naturally gifted players with a shockingly low amount of real flaws in their play. But in terms of overall greatness, Rodgers has a ways to go, because he's only been doing it for three years so far.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since he has taken the team to just one SB, so far, I would say he's third best GB QB in the modern era.
Second best for Gen. X. (Or whatever the 30-40 something crowd is called.)

He is out of BriNT's shadow but he still has quite a ways to go before he is better than BrINT in terms of big games won.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Well the Superbowl win puts him in there, Time will tell. If he Stays healthy, and Thompson continues to funnel talent into this team I think he has the potential to be up there with Starr. All the changes shifting football to a passing game will compact the time it will take him to start breaking records. As far as MVP's go, He is just entering his Prime and has the team around him to have MVP seasons. I think three or four is not beyond his abilities. If he takes us thru this season with a perfect or near perfect record I guarantee he will be the front runner for MVP. But first you gotta protect the franchise.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver n Jennings both have said he is the best QB they have ever played with

gwh11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Due to how the game has changed and developed over the years, and as far as offensive players go, basically he'll never top Hutson and Starr. He can't, but that's not a derogatory comment on what he's done or how well he'll continue to do. Rodgers will never have that kind of historical impact. But the way he's playing now, if he can stay healthy and keep it up, who knows? Maybe he could be #3 someday. I do worry about future injuries w/him, however.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont believe any player will ever top Hutson. I guess you could argue for a few QBs who had more impact on championships, but no one has ever dominated like Hutson. There is a reason why Joe Horrigan and Peter King have him as the best player of all time.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I dont believe any player will ever top Hutson. I guess you could argue for a few QBs who had more impact on championships, but no one has ever dominated like Hutson. There is a reason why Joe Horrigan and Peter King have him as the best player of all time.

It was amazing how accurately he could throw (lob) that big old football.