When does Greg Jennings go away?

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care for Jennings as an analyst. He clearly is still very bitter towards Rodgers and the Packers. Also, as an analyst, I feel like he lacks any sort of emotion/passion/excitement when he talks.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I don't care for Jennings as an analyst. He clearly is still very bitter towards Rodgers and the Packers. Also, as an analyst, I feel like he lacks any sort of emotion/passion/excitement when he talks.

He was very well thought of when he guested on the BBC last season.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I have no clue what you’re referencing. All I know is he’s not for me. I find him quite boring!

British T.V. has good coverage of the NFL and he was a guest presenter last year. I'm not a fan myself but he was well thought of.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Instead of starting a new thread, I dug up an old one.

I was recently drinking old fashions and pondering all of the Greg Jennings / Jermichael Finely drama. In hindsight, I may not like the way that the messages were delivered (or the fact that they were delivered) but it seems like these guys were just ahead of the current controversy. They painted Rodgers as not a good leader, as someone who put stats ahead of the team, a QB that acted like a diva above the law.

Maybe they were right and we just didn't want to believe it was true.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Instead of starting a new thread, I dug up an old one.

I was recently drinking old fashions and pondering all of the Greg Jennings / Jermichael Finely drama. In hindsight, I may not like the way that the messages were delivered (or the fact that they were delivered) but it seems like these guys were just ahead of the current controversy. They painted Rodgers as not a good leader, as someone who put stats ahead of the team, a QB that acted like a diva above the law.

Maybe they were right and we just didn't want to believe it was true.

Hasn't everyone known this about Rodgers all along? Am I the only one that heard Rodgers told Favre right off the bat he was gonna be better than him...

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hasn't everyone known this about Rodgers all along? Am I the only one that heard Rodgers told Favre right off the bat he was gonna be better than him...
Then why did everyone get so mad at Greg Jennings?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think we/I knew Rodgers had a big ego, but didn't think it was as bad as Greg's sister or Greg himself wanted us to believe. I also think that it has grown bigger over time and has now peaked with his latest MVP.

There still seems to be a ton if players that love him, but he really doesn't seem to clash with them like he has with coaches, front office and family.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think we/I knew Rodgers had a big ego, but didn't think it was as bad as Greg's sister or Greg himself wanted us to believe. I also think that it has grown bigger over time and has now peaked with his latest MVP.

There still seems to be a ton if players that love him, but he really doesn't seem to clash with them like he has with coaches, front office and family.
It may be players that just like him as a person. We all have friends that other friends dont care for

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. If you are in Rodgers inner circle like Nelson was or Bahktiari is, he's got your back. If you aren't then you will see the ire. IDK - it just all made me think that while Jennings (and his sister) seemed bitter at the time, maybe they were trying to get us all to see what we were blind to or unwilling to see.

Many players walk in and say that they are going to be better than the guy there. It's a line between confidence and cockiness - usually the difference being when said person states it to other people instead of just going out and proving it.

Reaction score
I guess it’s just his polarizing personality.

My guess is that Rodgers wants to play for GB for another 5-6 seasons, but he also has a keen foresight and sees the writing on the wall. He’d be so much wiser to just humble himself a little and roll with the changes rather than trying to use manipulation. It’s amazing how God throws change at us to benefit us but we play on our fears and act like everyone is out to get us. Ironically the guy needs to take his own advice and just R-E-L-A-X

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is that Rodgers wants to play for GB for another 5-6 seasons, but he also has a keen foresight and sees the writing on the wall.
Rodgers playing for GB for 5-6 more seasons sounds great, until you realize he's probably going to want to be the highest paid player in the league (or close to it) during that time. Not saying he isn't worth it, but that kind of salary cripples your ability to surround him with a Super Bowl caliber team.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then why did everyone get so mad at Greg Jennings?

Because he left the Packers and then started saying it in a way that made him sound like he was whining? Idk I didn't get mad at Jennings

It may be players that just like him as a person. We all have friends that other friends dont care for

I think that leak by anonymous gm probably was accurate as to why other players love Rodgers.

He makes other guys a lot of money by being so good...example mvs will have a huge season with Rodgers in 2021. He'll get paid big money by some team in free agency...and then he'll never be close to as good as he was with Rodgers

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because he left the Packers and then started saying it in a way that made him sound like he was whining? Idk I didn't get mad at Jennings
I think people were angry with Jennings because he said some things about Rodgers that they didn't like. He said many, many very complimentary things about him also, but it wasn't universal praise, so it wasn't good enough.

Reaction score
Rodgers playing for GB for 5-6 more seasons sounds great, until you realize he's probably going to want to be the highest paid player in the league (or close to it) during that time. Not saying he isn't worth it, but that kind of salary cripples your ability to surround him with a Super Bowl caliber team.
That is exactly what I’m seeing also.
At one time, shortly after his MVP award, I would have agreed that the FO should rework his deal to make it 3 guaranteed and an easy out 4th (to allow some trade equity if needed).
I believe the issue is that Rodgers wants a league high # and a league long contract (he knows this could be his last biggie). He has no interest working a team friendly deal and that’s absolutely his prerogative. Thankfully, its also our prerogative to change gears (we began that in the 2020 draft btw) and build the team through a more balanced measure, which can’t be accomplished paying 1 guy $45mil annual for 5 seasons etc..

While we can argue all day long about Aaron Rodgers bringing greatness to the team (and absolutely being correct) or continually slighting Love (which is way premature) we are basically saying MLF is 100% incapable of being successful without #12. After what I’ve witnessed I don’t believe that.
The part that many fans don’t want to acknowledge is that MLF ‘s Offensive system + Guteys’ ongoing player acquisitions is a large part of Rodgers recent success. We can ignore that or embrace it and build through balance with multiple high quality players and have a robust team… or put it all on Aaron’s shoulders and repeat falling a little short each season.
Do we want to be perennial Division Champs and put up stats?
Or do we want to Win Championships?

Last edited:

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings years later admitted he was bitter he didn't come back to Green Bay and Rodgers didn't stand up for him like he did for other guys whose contracts were up (James Jones specifically, but Greg would never throw James Jones' name out publicly because he is one of his best friends). Greg seems like a genuinely good guy and always thought he unfairly had a bad reputation. I stand up for Rodgers more than anyone but it was a really stupid thing of him to tell Carlos Rogers Jennings should play for the 9ers after the 2012 season during the game.

Finley's reputation (fair or unfair) as a guy has never been like Jennings. Part of this could do with his head injuries in 2013.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do think Jennings should be in the Packers HOF if Freeman is in there... Fewer years, very similar stats. We don't win Rodgers only superbowl without him.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do think Jennings should be in the Packers HOF if Freeman is in there... Fewer years, very similar stats. We don't win Rodgers only superbowl without him.
I agree that he was a great Packer receiver.

Members online

Latest posts