1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

When does Greg Jennings go away?

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers Fan Forum' started by SoonerPack, Jul 13, 2017.

1. SoonerPack

SoonerPack Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    85 is at it again. Now that his playing days are officially over Greg is doing all he can to keep his name in the spotlight. Hey Greg, you were released, get over it already bud. First it was the shots at AR which were rebutted by many-a-Packer and now he's calling out Mike. I suppose there is a little more legitimacy to this attack as there have been times I would've liked to see the kill shot applied opposed to playing safe. My deal is the only guy ever really chirping is this knucklehead and I am growing tired of it. The Packers took a chance on a small college guy and helped him become the best player he could be. He has a Super Bowl ring because of the 2 cats he keeps lashing out at. You got cut because you were expendable and have been a red a#$ ever since. Grow up and move on with your life G. Am I the only one bothered by this guy??

2. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    He was acting in shows before he every left the Packers. he had a plan to be in front of a camera after football was over. He's on a lot of stuff sports related now and this time of year, controversy gets readers/viewers. I wouldn't doubt if these guys all laugh about what they say afterwards just knowing how lathered up they get people over what they say. But the MM takes his foot off the gas shots have been taken by many over the years by fans. It's not new.

3. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    :sleep:

4. gbgary

gbgary Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    he's a hot-take guy now but...he really hasn't said anything that outlandish yet. we've all said the same thing about mm that he just did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Packer Brother

Packer Brother Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Nothing he's said has been wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. sschind

sschind Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I don't think I would read or listen to what GJ says if it would bother me that much. In fact I wouldn't have known he said anything if I hadn't seen your post and even if I would have seen a headline on NFL.com or some other sports website I doubt I would have read it. You kind of have to figure he isn't going to be kind so if you read it knowing that going in its on you. I still have no idea what he said other then the brief synopsis you gave and apparently others agree with him.

So to answer your question... if its just between you and me then yeah...you are the only one bothered by it. I can't speak for anyone else.

7. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

OK, Jennings is an a-hole, but was he wrong in what he said about McCarthy? Seems to me he was spot on.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. PikeBadger

PikeBadger Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    He's just another TV talking head with an opinion. I don't really expect him to say many good things about the Packers. I kind of view him like a disgruntled former employee who rears his head once in a while. Kind of like Favre.

9. rmontro

rmontro Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I don't think he's going to be shutting up anytime soon. His new job is to be an analyst for the NFL on television, so he's going to talk. He's paid to talk.

I do think that in the past McCarthy has gotten a little too conservative with his play calling at times. I also think that he realized this, and has improved over the years.

10. gopkrs

gopkrs Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Only saw the one comment he made about conservative play calling. !st, I do not think Jennings is a jerk. I have always liked him and he played very well and with a lot of heart and enthusiasm. 2ndly I agree that McCarthy is way too predictable with a lot of his play calling and he does not go for the kill very often. If this even comes close to making McCarthy mix up the play calling down the stretch...maybe Jennings did us a service. McCarthy puts a little too much emphasis on using up the other team's time outs when there is still a lot of clock. Especially with out D not being able to hold on. Looking forward to a great season!

11. PackAttack12

PackAttack12 R-E-L-A-X

Packer Fan Since:
    Tough to disagree with his take on MM playing it too safe.

MM taking his foot off the gas in the 2nd half of the Seattle game cost us a Super Bowl.

• Agree Agree x 9
  12. SoonerPack

SoonerPack Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Thanks for the input. Sounds like I am overreacting. Sometimes we need to be reminded to stay in our lane and not sweat the small stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SoonerPack

SoonerPack Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    And for the record, I don't really have an issue with the MM comments as stated in my initial post. I am still bitter over the AR comments but need to get over that. This far into his coaching career I am not sure he will be able to change even if he wanted to. We'll see because there will be plenty of times this upcoming season where MM has to make the decision and either go for the jugular or stick with quick jabs and rope-a-dope. Hopefully he sweeps the leg...

14. gopkrs

gopkrs Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    All he really has to do is throw in some plays that are unexpected of him at the right time. He does not need to change his whole attitude. imho

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. rmontro

rmontro Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    That and about 12 other things. As I've said before, that collapse was a complete and total fail by the entire team, offense, defense, special teams, and yes, coaching. The perfect storm.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. PackAttack12

PackAttack12 R-E-L-A-X

Packer Fan Since:
    I agree, but if McCarthy wouldn't have taken his foot off the gas, he would have prevented his defense and special teams from being in a position to wet the bed, in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I agree, Mike is a stubborn guy and even though he talks a good story he doesn't translate that into a change from his innate inability to put his foot on an opponent's throat and keep it there.
    I like MM almost as much as I despise Ted Thompson but many of the Packers collapses can be laid at the feet of McCarthey's reluctance to put the dagger in and that is becoming disturbing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. rmontro

rmontro Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Holmgren was conservative also. Most of the time, being conservative with a good lead works, so it's hard to criticize that. When it fails, it fails spectacularly. But I think I would be more forgiving of a coach blowing it by trying to be more aggressive, than by being too passive.

19. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    it's hilarious that this is a topic now, considering how the last super bowl just unfolded LOL. run, run, run kick, ******* super bowl champs. Or call a pass, get sacked, and witness the beginning of the end :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. NJPackfan..

NJPackfan.. Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    It's true and backs up what a lot of us have stated in past conversations. This team gets soft with big leads ! Is MM to blame ? I don't know, but Jennings says MM cuffs them.

21. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I don't care about Jennings' comments at all as I've lost a tremendous amount of respect for him after the way he acted once the Packers didn't re-sign him after the 2012 season.

It's hilarious that several posters agree with him that McCarthy is holding the offense back though as the team has featured an elite unit on that side of the ball for most of his tenure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. NJPackfan..

NJPackfan.. Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:

You don't just feature.....you execute !

23. NJPackfan..

NJPackfan.. Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
  24. PackAttack12

PackAttack12 R-E-L-A-X

Packer Fan Since:
    You're either failing to understand the real point, or you're choosing to misrepresent what our position, at least mine. In no way am I suggesting that McCarthy is "holding the offense back", as that would seem to suggest that the offense could be more lethal if McCarthy allowed it to be. I'm simply saying that there have been too many occasions, specifically the Seattle NFC Championship game, where he altered his play calling based on what the score was at the time.

He thought he could just milk the clock, thus reducing the number of possessions, and win that way. And that's not the worst strategy in the world IF... 1. you didn't have the most efficient quarterback in the history of the National Football League and 2. if you had an elite defense.

But, we DO have the most efficient quarterback in the NFL. PUT the ball in his hands, keep being aggressive, and put the game out of reach. Instead, you take the ball out of his hands, and put the responsibility on a defense that's shown it isn't capable of handling the pressure in big time playoff games over the past 6 seasons.

That being said, I think he's learned his lesson, at least I hope so, based on what we saw in the Giants game this past postseason. He stayed aggressive, allowed Aaron to put the game out of reach so that there was no possible scenario in which he was forced to rely upon his defense.

I love McCarthy. I love his offensive genius, and I love what he represents as the leader of our football team. He's absolutely top notch as far as head coaches are concerned. But he's been known to play it far too conservative on occasion. I would have to re-watch the Bears game this year since it wasn't on my channel locally, but I'm wanting to say that he was conservative in the 2nd half of that game, which is why we even needed the 61 yard bomb from Rodgers to Jordy in the first place.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Can tell it's the off-season when yet another highly discussed topic is brought up again.