What's your heart monitor say?

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I hope your ESP is on target again! Favre looked tired towards the ends of some games (especially in Houston) and his off-season training should improve his production significantly. He's still the man no matter how gray the hair's gotten; I can't imagine anyone else under center. Too bad it's coming sooner than later!

Enough of that...it's too emotional :cry: to talk about! I think the Packers will push on with or without Javon and get a playoff berth if not the NFC North for a fourth straight season!

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never thought of 35 as old but now I am 34 and starting to feel the aches and pains, I think that the additional conditioning will be a great thing for #4.

Later
Leopardmech

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am impressed that he took the initiative to bring in his training staff, change his diet etc. Sounds like he is really serious (not that #4 has ever luffed his way through a season) about making a real run for it this year and that he wants to be a physical leader as well as emotional.

He may be "old and washed up" in the eyes of every other hot young QB fan in the NFL, but he is in killer shape this year. Top that with the fact he can still out gun anyone in the NFL (when was the last time Ron Mexico broke a receivers fingers... wait you would actually have to hit the receiver for that to happen, nevermind bad example) and we could have ourselves a pretty good looking offense:pray:... toss in his drive and desire to win another ring... ooooh baby

:bang:

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is unfathomable to me that after a doxen years of watching Brett Favre sports writers would say he is getting washed up. His numbers were 5th in the NFL and that was when Manning and Culpepper had fantastic years. I have not seen evidence of him slowing up. He can still throw it 55 yards in the air.

The competitive fire is there year after year to play through pain. This guy will go another 5 years. This guy does not give up. His arm strength is there.

I remember a Joey Thomas interview after the season wherin he described Brett glaring at Thomas and the rest of the defense after ******** up and giving up a touchdown. Thomas spent a lot of time in Green Bay lifting weights and working with coaches "because he does not want to face Brett like that."

In 2 years when he beats marino records he is only competing with himself. I think his wife will be pushing him to play until then at least.

The final game of the 2009 season he ties the consecutive regular season starts mark for the NFL. He has not lost it. If he only had a consistant core group of WR's. If we can avoid injuries the offense will be quite potent.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great article! Sure doesn't sound like a guy who wants to hang 'em up anytime soon. The way Favre keeps going, we could lose Aaron Rodgers to free agency in a few years and still need to find a replacement to Favre :D

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"because he does not want to face Brett like that."
Yeah I don't think I would want to be other the receiving end of anything angry from Favre.

The final game of the 2009 season he ties the consecutive regular season starts mark for the NFL. He has not lost it. If he only had a consistant core group of WR's. If we can avoid injuries the offense will be quite potent.
Now if we only had a Defense. Hopefully Bates can provide...

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikes93animal said:
All that means that its not going to hurt as bad when Killer Kevin Williams knocks farmvey on his buttock!

Couldn't help yourself could you... :roll: Viking's fans...

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
vikes93animal said:
All that means that its not going to hurt as bad when Killer Kevin Williams knocks farmvey on his buttock!

Couldn't help yourself could you... :roll: Viking's fans...
Think maybe he's jumpin' out the gate a bit early - considering how they constantly CHOKE every year.......?
Williams (aka - Hovan, JR) may have to practice holding his head up while Brett's grabbin' his Helmet and chewin' him out.
We're not talkin' Trent Dilfer here... now are we ! ? ? ? ! Course, not!

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope the Vikings follow the same suit as the Redskins. Buy all these players thinking they will bring home a trophy. One thing they always seem to forget is "team chemistry". It's like a male soap opera everyday at Winter Park. (Shouldn't talk too loud about that, though. The Pack have had their share recently too.)

I know a guy close to my hometown that was Jim Kleinsasser's roommate at college. They still keep in touch quite a bit and he tells me what Jim talks about. It's usually about who hates who, who's doping up, etc. It's unreal, I'm telling you.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
I know a guy close to my hometown that was Jim Kleinsasser's roommate at college. They still keep in touch quite a bit and he tells me what Jim talks about. It's usually about who hates who, who's doping up, etc. It's unreal, I'm telling you.
All stuff that the Press is never allowed to print for specific protocols...
Like - never getting another chance to do an interview with the Team... etc.
What kind of Reporter would you be if no one would wanted to talk to you.... eh?

Last year - there was one Colts Player who was "suppsed to be" restricted to the Colts Facility - he had hurt his arm pretty badly.. and it would have been quite a different season had the Press got wind of it - he would leave the practice facility without his cast on... (hint hint) and then go off and do some stuff he wasn't given permission to be involved in and they were real worried some sneaky reporter would catch on.... Well, I guess he got away with it - wherein I think the protocol rule was involved, most likely....

I've heard some other wing-dingers myself.... savin' em for that rainy-day... Sorta like Dorsey Levens and that conversation with Andy Reid which is coming up soon, I'd think!

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Brett keeps himself in shape there's no reason he can't play another 4,5,6 years barring injury. With his gun, he can probably still out throw about any QB in the league with the possible exception of 1-3. Give him the weapons, keep winning, so Brett is having fun and he'll keep playing. :beer:

Members online

Latest posts