Whats up with Driver

packerfan22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed how much different DD is when he talks with the media now. When #4 was their DD would smile and crack jokes but now he is VERY serious. I know this could be because he misses Farve like we all do but is their something else behind this? Could he maybe not be as happy as he once was to be in GB? Could he be upset about(even though he said he wasn't like 100000 times) being out done by Jennings?

What do you guys think, why is DD so quiet and somber lately?

ChiliMaddensChili

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably because he's been developing a relationship on and off the field with Brett for his whole career and now he has to deal with somebody new for the first time. Not to mention Rodgers has more chemistry with Jennings and Jones and Martin.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He just got done saying at his charity softball game that he wants to be a Packer until he is forty. I think Driver was probably looking forward to a vacation and not his relationships with other dudes. Donald is a pro.

NormaL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It almost seems like they might be pushing him into the "face of the franchise" role. Maybe he's trying to be more the leader/serious guy type now. Not that Brett ever was, but everybody runs things a diffrent way.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He probably does miss Favre. He could be a little worried about how things will play out this year with his new quarterback.

OP
OP
P

packerfan22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably because he's been developing a relationship on and off the field with Brett for his whole career and now he has to deal with somebody new for the first time. Not to mention Rodgers has more chemistry with Jennings and Jones and Martin.

It seems from what I see in interviews Rodgers and Driver don't want to get to know eachother. It almost seems like they are trying to keep the distance between them. Arod is spending the weekend with DD but I think thats more to get chemistry than because he wants to. I might be reading to much into this though. You are right about one thing, Arod does have much more chemistry with Jennings, Jones, and Martin. I just with the old fun DD would come back but I am sure once the season comes around and we start winning he will relax a little more.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frankly, I haven't noticed much of a change in Donald. But this much I'll tell you...DD is the LAST Packer who'd have an attitude problem. He's the kind of pro every team hopes to have. It's likely that Rodgers finds it easier to communicate with other young guys on the team, the same as Favre found it easier to talk to DD due to both being older vets. It's a growing experience for all concerned.

Cubanpenguin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree with almost everything said in this thread.

Finally something I agree 100% with Trom.

I don't really see what you guys are seeing. The videos I've seen of driver he's been really upbeat and happy, he seems like he is looking forward to being the leader of this offense.

I also remember seeing a Rodgers vid where he said one of his priorities of the off season was to work on his timing and chemistry with Driver so I really don't think he'll be on the back burner this year.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trying to psycho analyse 2 minute video clips on packers.com shows how starved of football we all are!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me it's a big deal about nothing.
Of course he's gonna miss Favre. They had a great bond together. But i don't think he's gonna change his attitude or how he plays just cause Favre isn't there.
To me theres no story there.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I disagree with almost everything said in this thread.

Finally something I agree 100% with Trom.

I don't really see what you guys are seeing. The videos I've seen of driver he's been really upbeat and happy, he seems like he is looking forward to being the leader of this offense.

I also remember seeing a Rodgers vid where he said one of his priorities of the off season was to work on his timing and chemistry with Driver so I really don't think he'll be on the back burner this year.

OP
OP
P

packerfan22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trying to psycho analyse 2 minute video clips on packers.com shows how starved of football we all are!!

Yeah thats basically it...seeing all the OTA and Mini-camp video's made it feel like the season was here already and I know its not. I miss having something to do on Sunday, I miss watching the Green and Gold Dominate. Thats why I can't wait for the new DVD to come out with the 10 best games. To bad it comes out when the pre-season will be in full swing, and i won't need it for my football fix anymore.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think this was the best post of this thread.

Maybe we're all reading too much into nothing, because the season NEEDS to start. We're worse than drug addicts. :shock:

Sadie

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver is fine. He will continue to play well. Isn't that all that matters?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What are you basing this statement on? One reporter who had observed the minicamp said it was obvious that Rodgers was locked in on Donald Driver more than any of this other receivers. I'll believe him unless you have evidence to the contrary.

I disagree with almost everything in this thread except what tromadz wrote.

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed how much different DD is when he talks with the media now. When #4 was their DD would smile and crack jokes but now he is VERY serious. I know this could be because he misses Farve like we all do but is their something else behind this? Could he maybe not be as happy as he once was to be in GB? Could he be upset about(even though he said he wasn't like 100000 times) being out done by Jennings?

What do you guys think, why is DD so quiet and somber lately?

Driver is probably focused on maximizing the work he gets done in these OTA's and minicamp.

McCarthy said these practices were improtant because of all the installs the Packers were doing, so I'm sure Donald can be excused for being more serious than he normally is.

While just practices, the Packers schedule will require them to hit the ground running when TC starts, so it isn't as if the mood and atmosphere at the practices was relaxed.

I'm sure Driver has been working hard this off-season, knowing him he wants to get his WR group ready ASAP. He can be excused if he is more serious of late, because (as I said) these practices and OTAs (from the sound of it) were serious stuff.

Besides Rodgers, I really didn't see anyone being all that relaxed. Even Taush, who is normally very funny, was concise and right to the point on almost all his answers when he was interviewed.

Nothing to worry about, Driver is fine, he wants to be a Packer and he will be for at least the next little while.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guy signed two contract extensions in one year. Him having a change of attitude would be a slap in the face of the organization.

He'll play and he'll play hard. If he doesn't, it's either his age or the fact that Favre made him.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He'll play and he'll play hard. If he doesn't, it's either his age or the fact that Favre made him.

Favre made him? I'm guessing you didn't really mean that without Favre Driver wouldn't have been as productive as he has been. Driver would have been great no matter where he played. Great players always find a way to be great.

OP
OP
P

packerfan22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Danreb said:

Favre made him? I'm guessing you didn't really mean that without Favre Driver wouldn't have been as productive as he has been. Driver would have been great no matter where he played. Great players always find a way to be great.

True but even Driver himself gives Favre credit for making him as tough as he is. He has said on numerous occations that seeing the beating Favre took and the fact that he always kept playing made Driver strive to be like that. Yes I agree he always had the tallent but he didn't have the toughness, that was something Favre taught him. And not many guys can take a hit like Driver and keep running, or keep playing. Remember that one game last year when he was hit so hard he was almost knocked out and lost his helmet, most recievers(though not many on the packers squad) would have not gone back in but Driver was back out their in 2 plays.

I think you all made a good point though because it is the offseason and everyone is taking it more seriously than usual. With the exception of some of the younger recievers(Jennings and Jones) everyone seems to be pretty focused on what their doing and pretty stoic durring interviews. I think our team realizes how close they came to the top and falling from that high left a pretty bad taste in their mouths and they want to get rid of that.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's just being a leader now that brett has retired, back then he could of cracked some jokes since he wasn't the main leader, but now it's time to be serious

Members online

Latest posts