What's the one thing you will be watching for tonight?

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pre-season is here tonight! WooHoo....and on national tv. I know its not a "real" game, but ive really been missing packers football (especially with the brewer's performance this year. ugh). so ready for redemption in 2012 and smacking the sh*t out of the giants in regular season (and perhaps post-season depending on how that crappy division in the east turns out...).

But first things first, its chargers in pre-season, so what are you most excitied about seeing tonight/hoping to see?

For me: the performance of our number 1 draft pick.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As usual, I printed out the roster in numerical order so that when I say "who was that?" I can look down and figure it out. I won't pay attention much to the first quarter or so. I'll probably go back and re-watch the 2nd half later this weekend to see how the rookies and nobodies played. At some point this season, some of those guys will be starters for the Packers once injuries hit.

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm looking forward to see if graham harrell can be a decent backup. It was nice last year knowing that if Aaron went down then we could put in Flynn, but this year we don't have him. Especially how often Aaron drops back he is at a high injury risk.

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with Bozz. I think that the most important thing to watch is the defense, and the weakest link has been the communication and blown assignments due to poor communication. I look to the D-line to play well, too.

Vic Ketchman's Q&A on packers.com had something interesting the other day... A guy asked what he should think when he hears that one day the Pack offense is doing well, and one day the Pack defense is doing well... Since they are beating each other, does it mean that the "loser" is in trouble? Vic said, "Cheer for the defense, we know the offense is solid."

That is what I will be doing.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh so many things, so I can't list just one.

1. Worthy
2. Harrell
3. Injuries
4. Looking for someone to catch my eye.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm looking for Aaron Rodgers to stay healthy and take it easy. He is the key to the season. Herb Taylor better keep him upright for the three passes he'll throw tonight.

Besides that:
1) Alex Green, RB
2) Nick Perry, OLB
3) Who ever is playing safety opposite Morgan Burnett (Jennings or McMillan)

M

Mr Pickle

Pre-season is here tonight! WooHoo....and on national tv. I know its not a "real" game, but ive really been missing packers football (especially with the brewer's performance this year. ugh). so ready for redemption in 2012 and smacking the sh*t out of the giants in regular season (and perhaps post-season depending on how that crappy division in the east turns out...).

But first things first, its chargers in pre-season, so what are you most excitied about seeing tonight/hoping to see?

For me: the performance of our number 1 draft pick.

Think he'll play much?

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I don't think Alex Green is playing tonight JLC. I'm looking forward to a pass rush of some sort. Anything... 1st, 2nd, 3rd string and of course the backfield. Well heck, I'll be watching the linebackers too. Can I just say the defense in general?

M

Mr Pickle

Just curious.... c'mon ya'll where's all the positives? Maybe just 1? My monies on James Jones... as a cure for our lack of a run game. Who needs it? Not the arrogant, content Packer fans... Yea, I know Saine didn't play... I'm sure he'll get 1500 this year no problem.... So I'll just sleep on that with sugar plums dancing in my arrogant head...

M

Mr Pickle

Perry, Green and Taylor.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

I'll speak for the masses... we will be the best NO MATTER what! No run game, no defense... just Rodgers and and throwing the ball is all we need!!! That is such a shallow arrogant mindset... How'd it look tonight? I didn't see much of anything that made me say.... I'm happy with that? Did anyone? C'mon... we must have thrown a few completions we can brag about? C'mon....

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me, only injuries.
Nothing else matters.
As I said, only injuries.
If we lost Bishop for the year tonight, that's painful as hell.
Also looked to me like Shaky Smithson might have lost his season when he muffed that punt and then took that shot to the knee/leg.
Of course, he's about #9 on our WR depth chart. But I like that brother. Good dude.

Very worried about Bishop though. Have not read into if he lost an ACL or not. I hate ACLs.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate seeing Bishop hurt but DJ Smith is the goods. I have no problem with him starting. Hawk taking over Bishop's role and Smith taking over Hawk's role might not be that bad. Again...I hate seeing Bishop hurt and would rather it be he and Smith playing but just having Smith back there adds another dimension. He can actually hang with the guys he has to cover. This will hurt the run defense but help the pass defense.

From the angle I saw I think it might just be an MCL but its a pretty good 4-6 week MCL. Hopefully thats all it is.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate seeing Bishop hurt but DJ Smith is the goods. I have no problem with him starting. Hawk taking over Bishop's role and Smith taking over Hawk's role might not be that bad. Again...I hate seeing Bishop hurt and would rather it be he and Smith playing but just having Smith back there adds another dimension. He can actually hang with the guys he has to cover. This will hurt the run defense but help the pass defense.

From the angle I saw I think it might just be an MCL but its a pretty good 4-6 week MCL. Hopefully thats all it is.
We can afford to lise Bishop for 6, 8, 12 weeks. December-January is all that counts really.
But here's the thing: sure Hawk and DJ Smith are good. But we already lost one there in less than one game.
There will be more. There always are for us.
I ****** hate pre-season.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was watching for how Starks would replace Grant as our lone starter, feature back. And needless to say I was less then impressed.

But B.J Coleman on the other hand... Well we might have a quarterback controversy on our hands ;)

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I'll speak for the masses... we will be the best NO MATTER what! No run game, no defense... just Rodgers and and throwing the ball is all we need!!! That is such a shallow arrogant mindset... How'd it look tonight? I didn't see much of anything that made me say.... I'm happy with that? Did anyone? C'mon... we must have thrown a few completions we can brag about? C'mon....
realpackerbacker... is that really you?!?!?!?!?!!?

Members online

Latest posts