What will tonight bring?

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe tonights game will bring clarity to where the Packers are going into the season. I believe we'll find out whether our defensive line can play or not, and whether they will need to pick someone up on a final cut down. We'll find out whether our guard situation has been rectified. I think we're going to learn an awful lot about our defensive backs and will find out for sure if Carroll has really stepped up and learned to defend anyone, and whether Thomas has truly improved.

What I'm hoping we see is the level of spirit and competitiveness improve. I want this team to believe it can compete and become a good team even if it isn't right now. I want this team to believe that sometimes playing with heart and great attitude can compensate for a lack of talent. I want the coaching staff to show that quality coaching can indeed make a difference, because all of last year we proved what bad coaching can do. This is fundamentally the same team as last year, with much better coaching. Remember we won the division last year. We've improved our linebacker play already. We're as suspect in the D-line and d-backs as last year, but we may have better talent in the backfield than we did last year.

Tonights game is meaningful. Thursday game is a throw away and will be used to fill the few remaining spots open on the roster.

Any other thoughts?

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope I think you hit everything right on the head with everything you went over. I am curious very curious though to see how Rodgers does tonight.

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Rogers is going to be a really fine QB. He's in over his head right now, but his talent will come through. You have to admit that he's had numerous receivers drop balls. He's just a little jumpy in there. Hopefully his ego will calm down and he'll develop a relationship with Favre and learn how to handle things.

Reaction score
House, I couldn't have said it better myself. Tom Brady is a heck of a football player who plays of natural instincts. It should be a fine test for our D tonight. Not to mentio the Pats have a great D, so our O should get a good test too. (But seeing as they were supposed to get a good test against the Bills, and scored on their first drive, I'm not too worried if our 1st string O doesn't do a whole lot tonight) :mrgreen:

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fingers crossed I see great D pressure and coverage, and our OL picking up Blitz and running their counter blocks to perfection in the run game. Hopefully I won't have to go too deep in to the 30 pack and the foam cheese bricks aren't bouncing off the T.V set with great regularity. :lol:

Reaction score
LOL cali. And the part where you said, D pressure, OH DEAR GOD YES!!!! More than anything, I want PRESSURE FROM OUR DT's, and for them to start using power their massive frames command. I want them to be able to attack at the line of scrimmage, not constantly get blown off it. Oh what I wouldn't give too see that happen once this preseason. :(

G

packedhouse01 said:
Tonights game is meaningful.

Expect the Packers to win tonight in the neighborhood of 35-17. 1st string offense will play first half and Packers own Patriots.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts