What will it take to beat the Pats?

Oklahoma_Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Realistically, if we beat the Patriots, how will it have to be done?

Against Detroit, our O-Line didn't play well and Matt Flynn wasn't that great, but did okay considering the situation.

However, our Defense played great. The Lions aren't the biggest Offensive powerhouse in the league, but they're still pretty good. I believe they're 12th in passing and haven't used their 1st string QB since week 1 or 2, and we held them to 7 points.

So:
1. - Our defense has to play lights out. DB's cannot blow coverage, and the Pass rush has to get sacks and put good, consistent, pressure on Brady. Also, we have to hold them on 3rd downs and not let them continue drives.

2. - Rodgers must play. Giving Flynn his 1st career start against the Patriots, at New England, would spell disaster on Offense, considering how lackluster our running game is. I believe we'll have an update on Rodgers this Thursday. Hopefully he'll be ready to go.

3. - The O-Line needs to step-up, big time. If you saw the game Sunday, I probably don't need to explain anything.

4. - NO STUPID MISTAKES! Discipline! This is something that hurts us all the time. Special teams mistakes, missed tackles, dropped balls, dropped INT's, and last (But certainly not least) NO PENALTIES!! Bad situations in the past, usually were caused by one of these. We cannot let these happen in these last three games.

Well that's what I've got. If all, or at least two of the three things happen (And maybe a little bit of luck), we could possibly pull out the upset @New England.

What do you guys think?

A-Rod_is_God

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It has to be with Rodgers. Not sure how much running you can do against the pats and that 500 pound Wilfork fellow they always talk about

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only way we beat the Patriots IS:

Rodgers must START
MM has to be aggressive on his playcalling
DOM just keeps doing what DOM does
SPECIAL TEAMS must play well
MM has to CALL a SMART game
IF STARKS & JACKSON want a job next year, they better show up on a big game like this one
OLINE has to wake the hell up

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheat.
Hey, it's working for the Patsies, why not for the Pack?
Beat 'em at their own game.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Heck, the Patriots could fax us their game plan, playbook, and video of their walk through, and we'd still have a tough time beating them in their house with a backup QB.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thankfully I was raised a good Catholic and I still believe in miracles! Wasn't that what the Olympic announcer yelled when the USA beat the Soviet Union in hockey?

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope A-rod can play,but the bottom line is the front has to step up,so that who ever is q.b for this game doesn't ge this head knocked off give the runners some room,d-line they need to get after brady and yes penalties lets not have any especially on d-line you don't want Brady to have advantages so lets go pack we know you have it in you to wipe smile off Tom Brady go pack go.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
from SI earlier this year:

Browns overpower Patriots 34-14

"The Browns had an overwhelming advantage on offense, defense and special teams. Cleveland sprang a pop-up kickoff to set up its first touchdown and the Browns scored their second TD on a gadget play they knew would work.
But it wasn't all smoke and mirrors. The Browns bullied the Patriots, using Hillis to run the ball down their throats and flustering quarterback Tom Brady with a variety of fronts and coverages."

Read more: Patriots vs. Browns - Recap - November 7, 2010 - NFL - Football - SI.com

This is how you beat the Patriots

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say we need a miracle.

With Rodgers out there, which I hope he isn't (I really want to be safe with him, he's only 26 and VERY early in his career, let's not damage him by rushing him back too early. Like I said in another thread, 2 concussions in 2 months is scary.) But with Rodgers out there it would have to be a shootout. There's no way we're holding the Pats to under 20 points.

Look at the defenses that they've made look ridiculous...

Hung 23 on the Ravens
39 on the Steelers
45 on the Jets
36 on Chicago

These are some of the best defenses in the league, and they just shredded them. I know we are a pretty decent defense but with Jenkins out, Zombo out, and all the other injuries, they are going to light up the scoreboard, to win we will need to throw up mad points too...

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't be silly, Vikings fans sit on the floor.
And here in my house, that floor would be the cement one in the basement next to the washing machine among the kitty litter boxes.

:viksux:

Any Viqueen fan who comes on here telling us it's over is just a jealous Viqueen fan.
It is over for the Queens, but it is not over yet for the Pack.
Don't count them out just yet.

SteveK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a Pats fan, I hope Rodgers plays.

I also think the Pack can win with or without him. When two good teams play, even if one is considered better, most anything can happen. If the Pats and Pack played ten times, the Pats wouldn't come close to winning ten. So . . . Sunday may be one of those games the Pack wins.

If the Pats do win, let's be clear: It will have nothing to do with cheating. A few of the posters seem unable to let go of what happened a full FOUR years ago.

Spygate was embarrassing, to be sure. The NE media and almost all NE fans came down on the Pats for it. The Pats deserved to get penalized.

However, let's also be clear about this. A number of former coaches (current ones wouldn't talk publicly) said during the Spygate furor that MANY teams did the same thing. Mike Ditka, in fact, said exactly that just two weeks ago on national TV. That doesn't make it right; the Pats still shouldn't have done it. But before fans around the country get on their high horses, they better find out (good luck) if their own teams spied, in one form or another, too. You can't assume the Packers didn't get opponent info one way or another, too.

In the last four years, the Pats have never been accused of anything illegal. Nothing. Yet their record during the regular season has been every bit as good as in the four years before Spygate. Which brings me to the second point: Most analysts said during Spygate that the info teams gain from taping and other means is of marginal value.

In any case, the Pats screwed up. But for some fans in other cities to use this as the reason why the Pats have been successful, at least in the last four years, is pitiful. If they beat you, they were better. Period.

So, I hope Rodgers plays. If the Pats win, I don't want any excuses. (Besides, I want to see him play; he's a hell of a QB and would be fun to watch.)

SteveK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By the way, the way to beat the Pats is to run outside, throw mid range to deep (accurately) over the middle, and don't make mistakes.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Pats do win, let's be clear: It will have nothing to do with cheating. A few of the posters seem unable to let go of what happened a full FOUR years ago.

Spygate was embarrassing, to be sure. The NE media and almost all NE fans came down on the Pats for it. The Pats deserved to get penalized.

However, let's also be clear about this. A number of former coaches (current ones wouldn't talk publicly) said during the Spygate furor that MANY teams did the same thing. Mike Ditka, in fact, said exactly that just two weeks ago on national TV. That doesn't make it right; the Pats still shouldn't have done it. But before fans around the country get on their high horses, they better find out (good luck) if their own teams spied, in one form or another, too. You can't assume the Packers didn't get opponent info one way or another, too.

In the last four years, the Pats have never been accused of anything illegal. Nothing. Yet their record during the regular season has been every bit as good as in the four years before Spygate. Which brings me to the second point: Most analysts said during Spygate that the info teams gain from taping and other means is of marginal value.

In any case, the Pats screwed up. But for some fans in other cities to use this as the reason why the Pats have been successful, at least in the last four years, is pitiful. If they beat you, they were better. Period.
I am one of those posters.

I cannot and will not let go of the Patsies cheating for the following reasons:
I consider myself a very honest person. I'm not in any way perfect (I figure that everyone lies, cheats and steals at least once in their lives.) but I am not the type to cheat to win. Or to cheat in a relationship.
So being someone who is honest, whenever someone cheats, yeah, I take it kinda personaly.

Whenever someone cheats and they are caught, it is hard, very hard for me to trust that person or situation ever again.
With the Patsies winning, how can one look at that knowing their cheating history and think anything different?
Yes, they have talent. But they also have the same staff that cheated.
If they had different coaches and players then it would be easier to let go.

If you are bothered by us Packers fans discussing the Patsies cheating then either leave the forum or else put us on "ignore."
Otherwise you'll just have to continue to put up with our accusations that the Patsies cheat. Which I strongly believe they still do to this day to win.
Sorry. I can't help but feel that way.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts